So you've got a Joggler and you're not sure what to do with it. Here are some ideas!
- Leave original system on it.
- You won't get much out of it these days since o2 discontinued support. You'll need to do one of the other options on the list below!
- Modify the native (Linux Based) OS yourself (and learn loads in the process) or do it with something like PnP III?
- Small MythTV frontend in kitchen, with mythRecipies, mythMusic, cook's timer...
- Bedside radio / alarm clock
- System monitor - nagios / opsview
- VOIP client - with suitable USB headset or bluetooth
- Electrical use graph (connected to a Current Cost perhaps via USB to Serial)
- Photo/video frame using smb/nfs to see photos/videos held on central storage
- Networked media player (e.g. XBMC)
- Weather station
- In car entertainment
- This has been achieved by one user who replaced the CD player in a Mazda MX-5 mkIII. And can be found here
- Front Door Camera/Security System Monitor
- Asterisk Server and using a pretty slideshow to cover it up?
- daubers' chilli watering system?
- Openstreetmap car satnav (and data collection)
- Shared network whiteboard / doodle pad
- Video magnifier (with handheld LED-lit USB camera)
- Squeezebox Controller
- This is popular.
- MythTV frontend & backend with attached external drive and USB freeview receiver. Streaming possible to networked systems.
- [Quake 3] Lan Box ;)
- Extended Windows Desktop
- Photo frame / Wireless Intrusion Detection System