Mijuu Release 1.2.3/Android 2.2.2
See discussions on the forum http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176
This release is available at http://www.mporting.com/download/ and is version 1.2.3
- Later version of Android (2.2.2)
- Power off widget now available on right hand side of status bar
- Bootup scripts fix filesystem in the event of powerfailure (fsck for you linux guys)
- ROOT ACCESS!!
- No Google apps installed to system (on purpose)
- 99% of apps now run in landscape mode
- Core Performance improvements
- First, Android, partition is mounted under /mnt/udisk (makes installing GApps much easier- see below!)
To install ,
1. Download the mijuu 1.2.3 release 2. Follow instructions at http://jtlog.wordpress.com/2011/05/14/enjoy-android-on-o2s-joggler-in-3-easy-steps/ to create image on memory stick etc
Also see Alindl's posting where he's modified the build slightly to get most things working (market/button savior/english etc)
- to get this working install mijuu's release and then extract the system image that can be downloaded from here into the android folder on your sdcard android partition. When you boot up it should be in english and should start the google installation wizard.
Getting Market Working
Mijuu's version does not have GApps preinstalled. If you download alindl's system.img and install as above you can skip to step 4.
1. go to this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=827209 and download the gtablet.zip zip file
2. Extract all the files in gtablet and copy them to a directory on the first, Android, partition on the USB memory stick, e.g. gapps
3. boot Android and, using the File Manager app, install the GApps from the /mnt/udisk/gapps folder in the following order:
4. Make sure the Market is working with your Google ID, of course.
5. Go into Settings -- Applications -- Manage Applications and Force Stop both the Market and Google Services Frameworks apps.
6. Within the same Manage Applications section wipe the data of the google services framework app and clear the cache of the Market App.
Do not clear the data of the market app
7. Run the Market app. You should get an error (that's a good thing, as that's what we want. If you don't get an error, re-try the steps above until you do).
8. Reboot, and wait at least a minute after the OS is up to let things stabilize.
9. Run the Market again.
You should see an immediate difference. See if you can add the SkyNews app, if that works then usually its a done deal..
Also, its been noted that sometimes it takes a couple of reboots/retries for the changes to take effect properly. Also if it says "Download Unsuccessful", try rebooting, waiting a minute or two then trying again...
Hints & Tips
- If you find wireless communication a bit flaky, try disabling the Ethernet by using Ethernet Config.
- Install Button Savior! otherwise you may not be able to get out of some "full screen" apps
- If you want to take screenshots then some of the "free" apps dont work, however Screenshot ER does..
- To change keyboard from the Chinese one to UK, simply hold-press on a text field and select appropriately or use alindl's system.img as above.
- Titanium Pro reports the image is not rooted, it is, simple follow these instructions or use mybackup root.
- Not all apps on the android market work on Androidx86, click -n- see is the best approach