registering joggler with squeezeplay.com

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jim_lewis1

registering joggler with squeezeplay.com

Post by jim_lewis1 »

I've encountered odd errors over the years with my jogglers and their registration on squeezeplay.com.
On occasions when I seem to be missing apps I realise there's some entirely unknown email address listed in the registration dialogue.
Another issue I know others have encountered is simply being unable to register.
That's the issue I'm having with a resurrected joggler today.
Under the gui it's listed as having a Mac address of bfbfbfbfbfbf.
Presumably not having a valid Mac address would prevent registration.
Is there any way to over ride this Mac address?
castalla

Re: registering joggler with squeezeplay.com

Post by castalla »

The typical cause of failed registration, or 'false' registration, is that someone has used an existing mac address.

True Squeezeboxes have unique mac addresses - software versions such as squeezeplay often have 'spoofed' mac addresses which squeezebox.com may reject, or worse you end up with somebody else's details (and menus!).

I'm sure somebody can explain better than me how to fix this ....
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

castalla wrote:The typical cause of failed registration, or 'false' registration, is that someone has used an existing mac address.

True Squeezeboxes have unique mac addresses - software versions such as squeezeplay often have 'spoofed' mac addresses which squeezebox.com may reject, or worse you end up with somebody else's details (and menus!).

I'm sure somebody can explain better than me how to fix this ....

I've had this problem as well, lots of bathroom and kitchen players showing when clicking on "choose Player".

I normally just proceed with the registration process and "poof!" :o they are gone (along with the owner).
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Yes, I think you're right that the spoofed address is preventing registration. However, I've no idea where to change it, or indeed what to change it to. The unit is useable when controlled from a phone app, but severely limited as a point of use as without registering to squeezebox properly it is unable to access even basic functions.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Thinking about it now, would reflashing potentially solve the issue?
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

jim_lewis1 wrote:Thinking about it now, would reflashing potentially solve the issue?
I have just one of mine:

Settings> Registration and Settings> MySqueezebox.com> already registered to laughlen at re-think dot com select Register> I already have an account.

I register then do a reboot

Ronnie
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

This joggler is just timing out trying to access the squeezebox.com site. I never get chance to check/change the details
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

jim_lewis1 wrote:This joggler is just timing out trying to access the squeezebox.com site. I never get chance to check/change the details

As you suggested before then, try a reflash, (or just keep trying at different times of the day).

I would do the OpenPeake reflash first and then the Squeezeplay, also reformat the stick before using.

Ronnie
Commodore.White

Post by Commodore.White »

I'm beginning to despair.

I have a couple of O2 jogglers and raspberry pi's I use a players (piCorePlayers). I bought one Joggler from an O2 shop, the other from eBay. The eBay joggler often reports that it's registered to another user.

I've just been onto my mysqueezebox account and tried to tidy up the registration details. As expected, there were several players registered because I've been tinkering for a while. What was a surprise was that all the players listed were designated as "Not Connected" though both my Jogglers are both On and connected. What was also an issue was that I could not delete any players or change them.

Is this a problem with the biodegradable carbon-based lifeform pressing the buttons or a known issue.

Currently I'm struggling to see what value registering brings to the party. Perhaps it had value while Logitech were developing the product but now ... I'm not so sure.

BTW this is in no way a criticism of Micheal without whose commitment the community might have withered on the vine some time ago.

Peter
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

I think that you may well find that the raspberry based stuff registers but does not playback.

The Joggler should playback through the internal speakers if you select Squeezeplay as the Player.

Ronnie