Jogglers forum only Openframe 1.0 sale

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
pete

Re: Jogglers forum only Openframe 1.0 sale

Post by pete »

The Openframe 1.0 devices look just like Jogglers.

I decided just now to start one up as they have been just sitting in a box here.

Just boots up to a linux prompt in a terminal window inside of an x windows screen. Definitely appears to be a development device.

That said I have about 10 of these online 24/7 right now and they are running original O2, O2 OS with PnP3, XBMC, Squeezebox and Windows XP.

Upgrading the firmware would be the same as doing it for the Joggler.

That said though the current O2 firmware only touches the tip of the iceberg on these. They have all of the Joggler hardware plus what I mentioned above. Just having the soldered on PATA ZIF would add an SSD ZIF of any size to the inside of these boxes. DECT and Zigbee is the icing on the cake.

The model number on the tag in the back with the MFG stuff is just simply OPENFRAME.

I will take pictures both inside and outside and post them. I am familiar with these as I have modded all the ones I have with SSD drives (just 16 Gb drives). I have not played with the DECT or Zigbee stuff in them but rather have just done what is documented here on the forum.

A quick comparison though to the Openframe 2.0's which are larger with the speakers in the front. Similiar but different. The Openframe 2.0's flash boot chip is soldered in place. It does though have a mini pcie card slot. Easy to open; but that is because I finally was able to figure out how to open one up without breaking the case.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I pulled and tested 5 Openframe 1.0's randomly this morning.

Noticed three were of the terminal in x windows booting mode and two were Verizon phone hubs.

The above said I was able to pack with bubble wrap in a small box 5 of them with the Openpeak power supplies in the same said box. The box is a USPS priority flat rate shipping box. I did go to the USPS to get some shipping prices. The prices were relatively the same whether using a USPS flat shipping box or my own box. The dimensions of the box are: 12" X 12" X 6" which is considered a large flat rate box. International shipping came out to $55.00 USD or $11.00 each.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

please can you image any existing software and efi/bios. Might have something interesting.
pete

Post by pete »

You got me doing some granular checking as I validate the functions of what I have.

Good news discovery this morning!

The Verizon OS'd Openpeak Openframe 1.0's that I have already checked out only go the the beginning Verizon set up looking for the connection to the internet verizon mothership.

I just enabled one that is already configured to Verizon but not connected to the internet.

The OS is very unique and appears to have been custom made for Verizon. It is the same as the Verizon VZ hub menus that I played with on the Openpeak Verizon VZ hub.

Looks to be just different flash based icons with different backgrounds but customized just for Verizon.

Goofing around this morning though I turned on a generic Openpeak DECT phone.

I then went to the enabled phone menu and was able to add (register) the phone to the Openframe.

Tried some DECT phone functions and they all worked!

I can page the phones and use the intercom on the menu. I can also page the base with the phone and the two way conversation works just fine.

Looking at the phone menu I can see also import contacts to and from phone. The date on the phone sync'd up to the date on the Openframe 1.0.

Next test added a Verizon labeled DECT phone and it too registered just fine with the Openframe 1.0 device.

I will set this device to the side and image this one as it is functioning as it it were connected to the telco transport.

Guessing this was the first generation of the Verizon VZ hub before they redesigned it with an ARM CPU and different case and hardware. I like it much better though because it is identical in design to the Openframe O2 Joggler with some extra stuff on the motherboard (DECT and Zigbee energy chip).
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Just did a quickie USB boot of Buzz's Ubuntu LTS build via a USB hub with keyboard and mouse connected.

Works perfectly fine on the Openframe 1.0 device.

I will image the partitions for uploading to the forum shortly.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Went to the USPS this morning.

While there got a best guess shipping in a small container to the UK for one Openframe 1.0 with power supply.

So a best guess would be around £50 per Openframe 1.0 shipped from the US to the UK.
- Pete

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

pete wrote:So a best guess would be around £50 per Openframe 1.0 shipped from the US to the UK.
That's not bad, all in - especially for a 'unique' OpenFrame device.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

are the power supplies 120v or do they take 120-240v ?
pete

Post by pete »

The power supply is the standard 90-132 VAC US plug Openpeak power supply to 5VDC out.

I just DD'd my working DECT image over to another Openframe 1.0 that I had apart.

I had to re-enroll the two DECT phones I am play with and they are working fine.

Looking at the directory structures a bit and files to see if I can keep it from trying to call home.

It seems that the Verizon hub stuff is still up. I want to disable the verizon hub stuff but still have it go to the internet.

The menus are similiar to the Openpeak ones but in totally different directories.

I put it on the internet and it appears that the services are not enabled. That said it appears that all of the widgets run via the verizon hub as non of them are working right now.

I am able to telnet to it but cannot figure out the login or password. Tried a bunch.

Instead just mounted the partition and editing the /etc/password file.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

I changed the password to blank; but it kept putting a new password in its place.

That said though started to play a bit with the OS some mounting the partition using Buzz's Ubuntu build.
- Pete

Auto mater
tschak

Post by tschak »

pete_c, can I get a dd of the verizon phone hub image? I'm actually _Very_ curious to see if I can sniff the data going to the hid device...

another possibility would be to wire up a Beagle, and sniff the USB traffic to reverse engineer the HID packets...

-Thom
pete

Post by pete »

Sure Thom.

Tell me / email me on where to upload it.

I have DD's the whole MMC 1Gb flash and DD'd each partition. Which do you want? The partition DD's or the whole MMC chip DD?

I have installed Asterisk on my test Joggler 2. I am not liking the Ubuntu free softphones as they are not looking refined.

That said next steps are figuring out the DECT stuff and Openpeak's integration into their flash based softphone.

The image has all of the bits and pieces intact as I can connect the running verizon telco hub to both Verizon and Openpeak DECT phones just fine.

I can also page between the phones and the Joggler 2 and the phones or vice versa.

You will not have any issues sniffing the data provided you test with a verizon labeled openpeak or openpeak DECT phone.

Playing with Grandstream IP HD camera SIP integration to see how it works. This might be something you would be interested in.
size comparison.jpg
The Openpeak DECT test utilitilities are there and do work. I was also trying to install a DECT sniffer and it appears that the files have disappeared from the internet.

Tell me if you find them and please share?
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Back to the original post. I can "sweeten" the pot for those DIYers willing to open up their Joggler II's and install a ZIF / SSD drive.

The above noted I can include a ZIF cable and 16Gb SSD drive in the package deal; it will be a bit more and currently looking at what a bulk 16Gb SSD drive purchase would be.

The zif cables in bulk are literally pennies.
- Pete

Auto mater
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

pete wrote:The power supply is the standard 90-132 VAC US plug Openpeak power supply to 5VDC out.
Probably no point posting the power supplies to uk then, and better for people to just buy replacements. I have some openpeak PSU's that handle 100-240vac input, but if they only take 90-132, then
the cost of a stepdown transformer may not be worth it over just buying a replacement psu.

What do other people think ?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:What do other people think ?
I'd agree with that...
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

Looking some did find a "source" of Openpeak 4 AMP laptop style 120-230 VAC power supplies but they come with 1.3mm coaxial power plug which is the wrong size for the Joggler 2. The 1.3mm barrel size power supply though is used for the Openpeak DECT phone charging cradle. Still in search of said UK workable PS.

Meanwhile here flipping around with different OS's on the 16Gb SSD card:

1 - Wintel XP and W8 both work now (except for the built in Realtek network card) and using Seabios; which is just a flash boot chip swap or write. I have extras flash chips. Thing is its easiest to change the flash "bios" using seabios but you cannot do that with the Openpeak flash bios and have to do it manually. Another thing with seabios is that you can utilize a boot ISO disk or USB stick to write a new OS on the SSD card which is nice for wintel; but doesn't work for Linux.

2 - Linux - everything posted on this board but installed on the 16Gb SSD instead of the internal MMC flash.

Original OS (and flavors) IE: using PnPIII for example on a 16Gb internal SSD, XBMC, Squeezebox, Ubuntu (pushing the build some) and still need to try Android. Having the option of building the OS in vivo or just writing it to the SSD card makes changing the OS a quick thing lately.
- Pete

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Hi Pete
Not been on for a while, what became of this offer of Openframe 1.0's, did you upload the EFI partition.
Does the EFI enable the pata port on these.
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

Does the EFI enable the pata port on these.
Yes. Needs work.

Haven't had much free time lately.

I have edited the the EFI rfit boot and its working but I can't change the order for whatever reason.

The above noted been playing more with Buzz's Ubuntu build doing other stuff with it running on the 16Gb SSD PATA port. (IE: running automation software and talking to a Z-Wave stick).

Waiting now though on getting the Zigbee chip drivers running and the DECT chip stuff going. I did though install Asterisk on the Openframe 1 and it does work just fine (only not with the DECT chip).

I attached the EFI boot partition that I am (was) playing with. (currently using for pata boot).

I did notice that the little tags on the Joggler II's (Openframe 1.0) are marked prototype.

This link is the MMC EFI boot partition. It was originally just booting the Ubuntu build on the SSD. Then I played with it such that I was trying to get it to boot the original MMC partition (with PnPIII). It provides the choices but doesn't boot the original MMC O2 stuff. Messed it up when I tried to change the boot order such that only the Ubuntu build boots and not the original MMC O2 OS (or verizon OS with the DECT chip working).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs1txicv2lzlkm4/5097-D7A9.zip

This one is just the EFI boot partition on the SSD drive. (redoing my original Ubuntu build from scratch)

<Will add it here shortly>

I would like to try a multiboot thing (all fitting on the SSD)- maybe moving OS to a 32-64Gb small one if I can find it.

1 - Original O2 OS (on MMC) - with PnP3
2 - Ubuntu (Buzz's build) on one partition of the SSD
3 - XBMC OS
4 - Squeezebox Player OS
5 - Android OS
6 - XP

Icons are too big for 6 OS's.
- Pete

Auto mater
mickchip

Post by mickchip »

Thanks for that Pete, will have a play and let yo know how it goes
Jogglermaniac
pete

Post by pete »

Thank you mick.

BTW on the SSD; the EFI boot partition is standard.

Boot.nsh
fs2:boot
fs1:boot
fs0:grub

startup.nsh
fs2:boot
fs1:boot
fs0:grub

grub.config
loadfont /unicode.pf2
terminal_output gfxterm
set timeout=5
menuentry "Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise) - 3.2.32joggler1" {
linux /vmlinuz-3.2.32joggler1 root=/dev/sda3 ro quiet splash
initrd /initrd.img-3.2.32joggler1
}
EFI boot Directory is:
boot.nsh
config-3.2.32joggler1
dir.txt
elilo.efi
grubby.cfg
grub.cfg
grub.efi
initrd
initrd.img-3.2.32joggler1
startup.nsh
sum0
sum1
System.map-3.2.32joggler1
unicode.pf2
vmlinux0
vmlinux1
vmlinuz
vmlinuz-3.2.32joggler1
- Pete

Auto mater