Writing a MAC address to Joggler NIC

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
pete

Re: Writing a MAC address to Joggler NIC

Post by pete » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:31 pm

For this to make any difference to an Efi build be it Xp , SqueezePlayOs or Xubuntu etc , does the build itself have to be tweaked in some way I.e does any fake or made up Mac address stuff have to be removed or altered in any way for it to work ?

Yes for XP (or W7, W8 or W10) and no for Linux based OS's (sort of).

With a complete NIC ROM you can now suspend and use WOL to wake up the joggler.

I do this with the wintel touchscreens. Before that typically remoted the LCD screens off at night.

Today I spoof mac addresses on my pfsense firewall (BSD) and other linux devices.

It is just that the NIC rom was left empty and filling it with the proper hardware stuff makes the Joggler complete.

This was more of an issue with Wintel based OS's as the NIC would always come up as a hardware error.

I am having an issue with wintel seeing the RTC add. Might move the RTC to a USB port. I think it will work then with Wintel.

would have cost nothing for him to come on here and share ....

Yes relating to my personal issue with concern mentioned; don't really care these days as I wrote him off literally.
- Pete

Auto mater

hawsey

Post by hawsey » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Thanks for the explanation Pete :-) helpful as always .
I need a few more Jogglers to play with now ha ha , the four I gave are now all spoken for as part of my Sqplay plex server thingy set up ...

Sent by SlimKat FirePhone
Happy Joggling

pete

Post by pete » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:41 pm

Goofing around went to another Joggler to install Windows 10 on the new 64Gb SSD drive. Goofing a bit with the configuration of the set up looks like I am installing Windows 10 iOT now.
- Pete

Auto mater