Hacking for the first time !!

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
Bassedge

Hacking for the first time !!

Post by Bassedge »

Hi Guys , I've got 2 Joggler's that i picked up cheap a couple of years back & i haven't really used because of the limiting nature of the 02 OS, so either i try & put a new OS on them or sell them !! I have tried to put pnp3 on it with a memory stick but it doesnt boot into it ? Heeeelp : )
hawsey

Re: Hacking for the first time !!

Post by hawsey »

Hello and welcome :-)
It really depends what you would like to do with your Jogglers .
Many people are running squeeze play os and using their jugglers to stream music .
You can run Linux if you want a desktop ( xp as well but more fiddly to get going )
You could load up linux and boot in to XBMC (kodi) also android will work but not for video .
The above you would put on a little usb stick and boot straight off that .
If you want PNP III on the internal document what you have done on the pnp thread and the good people will guide you through .
Happy Joggling
Bassedge

Post by Bassedge »

Thanks Hawksey but i'm just no good with computers & hacking & I really don't know what I'm doing
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Sorry the above should say PNP off internal memory not document ha .
It's really not difficult , you just download a file to your laptop , put it on a memory stick , plug it in to the, Joggler and switch on and your good to go .
People on here will help you through .

If you can't be bothered , put them on eBay :-)
Good luck ......
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

One of the uses here of my Jogglers relate to home automation. The device was made well ahead of its time.

That said the attached is a picture of one Joggler which has hardware and software modifications.

Here there are three video overlays of automation widgets presented in the screen and the device has MS SAPI TTS / VR running. The Joggler is remotely managed by the automation mothership. The image you see is streaming 30FPS HD IP video. (can do TV too) (literally everything on it that you want and can do with touch). I learned how to do everything right here on the Joggler Forum. IE: you can control the Joggler (or its family of devices) today via touch, VR IR or remote console via the mothership.
joggler-picture.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater