OpenFrame 2: Recover from 'Upgrade'

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jazzmista

Re: OpenFrame 2: Recover from 'Upgrade'

Post by jazzmista »

roobarb! wrote:
jazzmista wrote:
roobarb! wrote: The icons are downloaded as .swf files... maybe you're right, it might work after all. I just need to make myself a .swf that runs the telnet binary. This may be a problem for me - I've always stayed well away from Flash!
I've looked at it once or twice for game development - and then I decided to use HTML5 instead! I presume all it needs to do is download the telnet library and run it? If so, it should be fairly easy to create. You can get a non-commercial copy of Flash Builder 4.6 (https://freeriatools.adobe.com/) if you are a student like me (have to upload verification I think - can't remember) or if you are unemployed (but it doesn't actually check). Alternatively, I've used FlashDevelop (http://www.flashdevelop.org/) in the past and it's pretty good. I'd quite like to work on this as well (with my extremely limited AS3 knowledge) so should I set up a GitHub repo?
I've submitted an application for the free Adobe tools (up to 2 weeks to wait, so it says) and I'll take a peek at FlashDevelop. I've got Adobe Flash CS3 at home, but can't grab it from here.

It may not even need to fetch the telnet binary - it's part of busybox, so literally all the app needs to do is shout 'telnetd' in an executable way.
I got my activation key in 7 days and you can get a 30 day trial (no limitations). That shouldn't be so hard... should it?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:there is also the http://op01.openpeak.net/openpeak/ app shop.
If you have a look at /openpeak/gui/appshop.xml there is a username and password for that address. It doesn't appear to work when you enter it on the site, though.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

jazzmista wrote:I got my activation key in 7 days and you can get a 30 day trial (no limitations). That shouldn't be so hard... should it?
Hehe - never even considered the trial! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

jazzmista wrote:I'd quite like to work on this as well (with my extremely limited AS3 knowledge) so should I set up a GitHub repo?
Sure, go for it! A community-controlled app shop would be a pretty cool thing. ;)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

just wanted to check - you have a copy/backup of the os before you couldn't get access to it right ? just wanted to check in case you needed a copy.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:just wanted to check - you have a copy/backup of the os before you couldn't get access to it right ? just wanted to check in case you needed a copy.
Yes, I've got .tgz of p1, p2 and p4 (p3 was empty) and an .img file of the whole internal memory from before the update. The only thing I'm (potentially) missing is the EFI image, as the update started while I was reading /dev/fh. If I eventually get in to this thing, that file should still be there. Not sure if I trust it, though - it could have been taken mid-EFI-rewrite!

That app-telio-30005.8931-S4-f2-reimage.tgz file is on there too. If I could get a copy of that from the openpeak server then I could examine if the update mechanism is working, which might negate the need for spoofing the app shop.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

roobarb! wrote:
BuZz wrote:there is also the http://op01.openpeak.net/openpeak/ app shop.
If you have a look at /openpeak/gui/appshop.xml there is a username and password for that address. It doesn't appear to work when you enter it on the site, though.
I took a look. the username/password looks to be for

http://op01.openpeak.net/openpeak/index.php (siteroot is index.php). which gives a server side 500 error - looks like it should be some xml list of apps or so but maybe switched off now or not working ?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

roobarb! wrote:
BuZz wrote:just wanted to check - you have a copy/backup of the os before you couldn't get access to it right ? just wanted to check in case you needed a copy.
Yes, I've got .tgz of p1, p2 and p4 (p3 was empty) and an .img file of the whole internal memory from before the update. The only thing I'm (potentially) missing is the EFI image, as the update started while I was reading /dev/fh. If I eventually get in to this thing, that file should still be there. Not sure if I trust it, though - it could have been taken mid-EFI-rewrite!

That app-telio-30005.8931-S4-f2-reimage.tgz file is on there too. If I could get a copy of that from the openpeak server then I could examine if the update mechanism is working, which might negate the need for spoofing the app shop.
I can sort a dump of the telio efi at least as I have one here. Are you sure the update messed with the efi though, and wasn't just a rootfs update.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:
roobarb! wrote:

I can sort a dump of the telio efi at least as I have one here. Are you sure the update messed with the efi though, and wasn't just a rootfs update.
It definitely zapped the EFI. The boot logo changed from the OpenPeak logo to the stripy Telio logo and it's refused to boot from USB ever since. :(

Does your Telio EFI boot from USB?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

yeh it boots from usb.

btw the tango/run looks for a opupdt.tgz on usb stick and can run an update from there it seems. you might be able to do something with that. this is old info right, but is it not possible to enable telnet from that or so ?

sorry if this has already been covered I might have missed something - anyway http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/Installing_Telnet
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:yeh it boots from usb.

btw the tango/run looks for a opupdt.tgz on usb stick and can run an update from there it seems. you might be able to do something with that. this is old info right, but is it not possible to enable telnet from that or so ?
It should be able to, but the way they did the updates in tango/run varied. Some would run opupdt.run regardless, some would only run the script if the combined checksum of opupdt.tgz and /etc/.usb-key matched. Some versions didn't even contain the update code, and the OpenPeak version from the OpenFrame 2 looked in a different location for the .usb-key file.

I have tried a few combinations trying this method, but I'm guessing that they might have killed this code by removing it or the .usb-key file. If I could grab that app-telio-30005.8931-S4-f2-reimage.tgz file, it would tell me everything. :?
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Looked at libopdms.so ? might have the info needed for working out the update mechanism. eg I already found this

https://services.openpeak.net/dms/devic ... MACADDRESS

which seems to return some data for posting to another url.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

looks like some api used by the joggler for checking for updates and so on.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:looks like some api used by the joggler for checking for updates and so on.
Yes, just tried feeding it the MAC address of this OpenFrame and it returned with this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<command><postDeviceDetails url="https://services.openpeak.net/dms/postDeviceDetails/12344844" method="post" /></command>
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

yep. more info can be found in the file and you can see the xml template etc.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:yep. more info can be found in the file and you can see the xml template etc.
Where's the XML template bit? I'm not seeing that...
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

"strings" the file. you can see it gets that url, then posts back the device info. it also has some xml for sending commands to the dms. look for remoteExec.

resourcing the file will probably help.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

BuZz wrote:"strings" the file. you can see it gets that url, then posts back the device info. it also has some xml for sending commands to the dms. look for remoteExec.

resourcing the file will probably help.
There's interesting stuff in tango/fp_class_modules/libOPUtil.so, too. Found https://applog.openpeak.net/opapplog/updateReq?mac= (had to guess a bit at the URL components, but it seems to work). Using my MAC it returns a device ID in XML, but '<log action="false"/>' in there would seem to suggest that there's nothing to do.

I'd love to know what 'resourcing the file' means. ;) (Actually, I can guess what it means, but how to do it is another matter!)
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

Nice find Buzz! I've created a GitHub repo for our custom App Shop (possibly including our telnet-activating icon). https://github.com/jamiehoyle/openframe-app-shop

If anyone wants to help with this then I will need your Github username (to give you pull/push access). You can do this by leaving a reply in this thread or by sending me a PM.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

decompiling etc. might make it more readable, and it looks as though it was compiled with some debug info.