PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Post Reply
gegs
Posts: 1143
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 pm
Location: Edinburgh

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by gegs » Wed May 16, 2012 2:16 pm

Telnet has gone after the update so I can't install P'n'P mkIII using the instructions provided in this thread.

Would it be possible to install P'n'P mkIII to the Joggler's flash from a linux distro, assuming I can still get one to boot (I haven't tried yet).

AndrewJames
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by AndrewJames » Wed May 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Thought this may as well go in the PnP III thread as its related

i have 2 jogglers both with pre update software
i have run the Reflash tool on both which seems to do the job but for the life of me cant get PnP installed
tried various USB sticks etc, also no Telnet / SSH patch seems to work either

i did have Gforums PnP installed on these prior to performing the Reflash

any suggestions?

thanks all

ottaky
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by ottaky » Wed May 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi all.

Seems my Joggler was updated on the 13th (only noticed last night when I saw my daughter watching YouTube videos with a new player interface).

I'd previously installed Opera, YouTube etc. - Opera's icon has disappeared, I now have two YouTube icons, two Google Maps etc. .. looks like my Joggler's been left in a bit of a hybrid state. I confirmed that I was still able to telnet in, but I didn't have time to poke around to see what kind of a state the file system was in.

Looks like PnP III is the way to go, so I suppose my question is: is it "safe" to run the "post upgrade" shell script on my updated-but-not-cleanly Joggler, or do I need to clean it up first?

Cheers!

critch36
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by critch36 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:48 pm

ottaky wrote:Hi all.

Seems my Joggler was updated on the 13th (only noticed last night when I saw my daughter watching YouTube videos with a new player interface).

I'd previously installed Opera, YouTube etc. - Opera's icon has disappeared, I now have two YouTube icons, two Google Maps etc. .. looks like my Joggler's been left in a bit of a hybrid state. I confirmed that I was still able to telnet in, but I didn't have time to poke around to see what kind of a state the file system was in.

Looks like PnP III is the way to go, so I suppose my question is: is it "safe" to run the "post upgrade" shell script on my updated-but-not-cleanly Joggler, or do I need to clean it up first?

Cheers!
I updated t PnP III post o2/openpeak update, no problems other than wifi settings which were sorted out thanks to this forum.

User avatar
offbeatdave
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave » Wed May 16, 2012 6:13 pm

gegs wrote:Telnet has gone after the update so I can't install P'n'P mkIII using the instructions provided in this thread.

Would it be possible to install P'n'P mkIII to the Joggler's flash from a linux distro, assuming I can still get one to boot (I haven't tried yet).
I believe so, but some paths would need altering. It would be possible though, but I haven't taken the time to suss it out.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!

monkums
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 11:10 am

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by monkums » Wed May 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Just installed P'n'P mkIII on my recently 'updated' Joggler. I previously had some apps installed and I have some duplicates.

There were some unable to make dirs during the install but all seems to be working fine.

Now if I could only Telnet into my other one everything would be dandy.

amilboa
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by amilboa » Wed May 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Tried following these instructions, and succesfully used PnP 1 previously. However nowthing seems to happen this time when the USB stick is attached to Joggler and booted this time. I am trying to use PuTTY to Telnet into to it, but always refused. Any ideas what i am doing wrong please?

User avatar
offbeatdave
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave » Wed May 16, 2012 7:59 pm

amilboa wrote:Tried following these instructions, and succesfully used PnP 1 previously. However nowthing seems to happen this time when the USB stick is attached to Joggler and booted this time. I am trying to use PuTTY to Telnet into to it, but always refused. Any ideas what i am doing wrong please?
Are you trying this on an updated Joggler? If so it won't boot as they've fiddled with the way it behaves. None of the PnP's would boot on an updated Joggler. Regarding Telnetting in, if you are on one of the versions which is apparently blocked (haven't experienced this yet fortunately), then you won't be able to at the moment.

You could use Windows and do Start->Run->Telnet
and try: Open <Your Joggler's IP address> and see if you get the atom login prompt.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!

User avatar
offbeatdave
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave » Wed May 16, 2012 8:21 pm

169 downloads via this forum of the current version. Please report back successes (or failures).
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!

amilboa
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by amilboa » Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Are you trying this on an updated Joggler? If so it won't boot as they've fiddled with the way it behaves. None of the PnP's would boot on an updated Joggler. Regarding Telnetting in, if you are on one of the versions which is apparently blocked (haven't experienced this yet fortunately), then you won't be able to at the moment.
I had used gforums Pnp previously, now Joggler has updarted to the openpeak OS. What do i need to do to install Pnp III?


You could use Windows and do Start->Run->Telnet
and try: Open <Your Joggler's IP address> and see if you get the atom login prompt.[/quote]

Windows 7 - Telnet not found??

User avatar
offbeatdave
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave » Wed May 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Oh, is Telnet an optional Windows component on Windows 7 installations? Sorry, didn't realise this.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!

ottaky
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by ottaky » Wed May 16, 2012 8:48 pm

critch36 wrote: I updated t PnP III post o2/openpeak update, no problems other than wifi settings which were sorted out thanks to this forum.
Cool - I'll give it a go at the weekend.

Thanks!

AndrewJames
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by AndrewJames » Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 pm

AndrewJames wrote:Thought this may as well go in the PnP III thread as its related

i have 2 jogglers both with pre update software
i have run the Reflash tool on both which seems to do the job but for the life of me cant get PnP installed
tried various USB sticks etc, also no Telnet / SSH patch seems to work either

i did have Gforums PnP installed on these prior to performing the Reflash

any suggestions?

thanks all
Not to worry after racking my brains for the past week trying nurmerous USB sticks, Scripts, methods etc it turned out to be a boot device error
simply adding a startup.nsh file to the root of the USB stick i was able to boot the PnP installer and completed the installation, this also worked for Telnet / SSH / Original Gforums PnP etc
if anyone else is having problems booting try adding a startup.nsh file to the root of the USB drive containing the line fs0:boot you can also try fs1:boot or fs2:boot
this should be same as pressing ESC as the joggler starts up followed by typing fs0:boot etc but is a lot more automated and worked for me

thanks

mercedes
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 16, 2012 1:03 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by mercedes » Thu May 17, 2012 8:00 am

Love PnP III but I'm getting a bit of crackle on external speakers using the lounge radio. Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

HopmanUK
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by HopmanUK » Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 am

Well it looks like my joggler got updated last night from what my wife has told me - stuff has gone missing. So it looks like its time to do PnP III.

A quick question.. would it be better to reflash via the birdslikewires tool first and then install PnP III as I had various things on there already (Squeezeplay, bbc live etc..).

Thanks

Rich

Mr_Dave
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:28 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by Mr_Dave » Thu May 17, 2012 12:23 pm

offbeatdave wrote:169 downloads via this forum of the current version. Please report back successes (or failures).
All good here Dave, just the DHCP issues really, thats the main one for me ;)

Dave

monkums
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 11:10 am

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by monkums » Thu May 17, 2012 12:31 pm

Woking fine here. :) The DHCP issue is odd as I had to switch to manual config to add IP address, etc but the DNS fields were already populated with the correct info.

pukington
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:53 pm
Contact:

PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it here!

Post by pukington » Thu May 17, 2012 12:57 pm

I'm now a little lost with all this, I seem to have become quite confused.

I was originally on PnP2 pre-May. The other day I did a clean install of PnP3 by using the birds like wires reflash tool and the original fw on the same site. I then proceeded to install PnP3 which after solving the DHCP and time issues was really happy with.

I then turned my back and saw it had updated to the latest openpeak software, which I fiddled with, telneted into quite happily. Turned my back again and it was updating again. I couldn't then telnet into it. (Oh btw for telnet on windows 7, go into Control Panel, program's, add/remove Windows components and enable telnet, it'll install it).

So all I did was reflash back to original openpeak fw again and reinstall PnP3. It's been fine for two days, not re-updated itself yet.

Will it?

paulsbiz
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:27 am

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by paulsbiz » Thu May 17, 2012 12:58 pm

Working for me Dave. Just the same issue as some others with having to manualy enter network setings.
Thanks for the work you've put in to this.
Paul

User avatar
offbeatdave
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave » Thu May 17, 2012 1:52 pm

pukington wrote:I'm now a little lost with all this, I seem to have become quite confused.

I was originally on PnP2 pre-May. The other day I did a clean install of PnP3 by using the birds like wires reflash tool and the original fw on the same site. I then proceeded to install PnP3 which after solving the DHCP and time issues was really happy with.

I then turned my back and saw it had updated to the latest openpeak software, which I fiddled with, telneted into quite happily. Turned my back again and it was updating again. I couldn't then telnet into it. (Oh btw for telnet on windows 7, go into Control Panel, program's, add/remove Windows components and enable telnet, it'll install it).

So all I did was reflash back to original openpeak fw again and reinstall PnP3. It's been fine for two days, not re-updated itself yet.

Will it?
Are you now on the OpenPeak OS or the o2 one? (If you have USA today after the reflash you have the OpenPeak one, if you are on the blue icons you have the o2 one).

If you are on the o2 one, it may update (although I've still got an o2/PnP III running), if it's OpenPeak it may not update (I've currently 3 running OpenPeak/PnP III from the first version of the OpenPeak update).
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!

Post Reply