SqueezeOS launch chrome for HA panels - auth issue... ?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
grb

SqueezeOS launch chrome for HA panels - auth issue... ?

Post by grb »

Hi,

Long time joggler user with SqueezeOS, trying to run chrome to show some HA panels. Updates to the HA login js don't work on chromium-browser on the older SqueezeOS

So I installed Debian Bullseye (Kernel 5.10) for OpenFrame version, running from USB, installed chrome, but can't launch:

"Authorization required, but no authorization protocol specified"

If I kill X and run it as the 'of' login, then I can run chrome, but not on the X launched at boot with Squeezeplay.

Any ideas how to 'be allowed' to run an X application on the existing X instance ?

Thanks,

grb.
grb

Re: SqueezeOS launch chrome for HA panels - auth issue... ?

Post by grb »

Some progress... X runs as the squeezeplay user, so running chromium as that user works, or running 'xhost local:' allows all local users access to the X display.

Next issue is trying to run chromium from a menu entry in Squeezeplay eg:

Code: Select all

text = self:string("CHROME"),
				style = 'item_choice',
				sound = "WINDOWSHOW",
				callback = function(event, menuItem)
				log:info(self:string("Opening Chrome Browser"))
				os.execute('chromium')
				end
Nothing seems to happen, presumably something about the env available when run from Squeezeplay ?

Executing a script which outputs to a file:

/usr/bin/chromium --verbose --window-position=0,0 --window-size=800,600 'http://10.10.10.8:8123' >> /tmp/test.log 2>&1
gives the error:

/usr/lib/chromium/chromium: symbol lookup error: /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcairo.so.2: undefined symbol: FT_Get_Var_Design_Coordinates
output of the env in the same script gives:

SHELL=/bin/sh
LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
SDL_VIDEO_WINDOW_POS=0,0
PWD=/opt/squeezeplay/bin
LOGNAME=squeezeplay
SYSTEMD_EXEC_PID=329
XAUTHORITY=/home/squeezeplay/.Xauthority
WINDOWPATH=2
HOME=/home/squeezeplay
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
SDL_VIDEO_ALLOW_SCREENSAVER=1
INVOCATION_ID=2f351af20a4147fc8a24a65d08625d44
SDL_NOMOUSE=1
LD_INCLUDE_PATH=/opt/squeezeplay/include:
KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE
USER=squeezeplay
SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa
DISPLAY=:0.0
SHLVL=2
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/squeezeplay/lib:
JOURNAL_STREAM=7:3078
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/opt/squeezeplay/bin:/usr/sbin:/opt/squeezeplay/bin
OLDPWD=/
_=/usr/bin/env
Running xmessage in the script works, and shows a message over the top of the squeezeplay gui, and running chromium on the command line also works... but not via the Squeezeplay menu entry.

Any ideas ?

grb
Edi

Re: SqueezeOS launch chrome for HA panels - auth issue... ?

Post by Edi »

Hello,

It seems that the problem is related to the environment when you try to run Chrome from Squeezeplay. One avenue to explore would be to check the access permissions and the necessary environment variables. On this subject, it is essential to ensure the cybersecurity of your system, especially when you are managing scripts and user access. Make sure that all dependencies are properly configured and that security permissions are not an issue. I suggest you go to hacker dna's page.