OF2 / Telio Touch in 2023

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
brazi

OF2 / Telio Touch in 2023

Post by brazi »

Hi, glad to see there are some activity here in 2023. I was so "lucky" as to pick up an open frame 2 on a flea market today, but i soon discovered it was a telio branded one.

fyi i have tried booting with different usb sticks and interrupting the boot process to no avail, as i suspected.
Other than the activating telnet post i haven't found any information about the steps to take.

Are there any hope or should i just BIN it, even if the standard clock dont look to bad though.

I understand someone own(-ed) openpeak.net, did anymore happen with that heartbeat/update flash process?

fw:8964, sw: 38510(Nov 19 2014:14:22:29)
roobarb!

Re: OF2 / Telio Touch in 2023

Post by roobarb! »

Hey there,

If I may, first of all let me point you to my "never bin a joggler" post. I will be more than happy to pay your (reasonable!) postage costs to get it to me rather than it end up binned. :)
I understand someone own(-ed) openpeak.net, did anymore happen with that heartbeat/update flash process?
They do indeed and they were active on here, but I got no response last time I tried to get in touch. Though, I'll be honest, I've been a touch busy and didn't try very hard. They renewed the domain in September, otherwise I was going to pick it up and point it to my build / heartbeat server which the v30300 firmware points to.

Try the telnet stuff and let us know how it goes. Those OF2 units aren't terribly common, so it may even be worth someone desoldering the EFI chip and replacing it with the unlocked version.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)