RIP my Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
lovingboth

RIP my Joggler

Post by lovingboth »

First the wifi stopped working (and trying revealed that using a network cable didn't work either).

Then it started making squelched ticking noises.

Now, on return from a week away, it will not boot. The backlight comes on, but no matter how many times I try or how long I leave it on, nothing else appears and the Android USB stick that it's been running with for much of the past decade is not accessed either (an LED would be flashing if it were..)

Many unthanks to O2 for removing so much of the original firmware's functionality so soon after they sold it to everyone. We'd be time-barred from suing - it's now eleven years since they did it - but I would still have loved it if they had been forced to give us refunds for deliberately removing so many of the things they'd given as reasons for buying one, like the shared calendar.

Enormous thanks to those who did the work to produce the Android image that made it really, really useful again. (I also tried the Ubuntu one, but it never really provided a good experience thanks to the quality and size of the touchscreen.)
roobarb!

Re: RIP my Joggler

Post by roobarb! »

Oh, no! Are you intending to repair it?

If you are, great, you may just need a new EFI chip. If you're not I'd be happy to cover your postage costs to send it to me under my "never bin a Joggler" policy. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
lovingboth

Post by lovingboth »

I love the policy - tempting that it is to open it up myself.

Do you want to message me your address?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Done, sir - email sent! 😁
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)