SqueezePlay for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: SqueezePlay for OpenFrame

Post by roobarb! »

Jetpac wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:21 amIs there any way to use the joggler with the spotty plugging literally just to control playback on a pc? (instead of playing on the joggler itself?)
Yes, I think I've done this in the past... IIRC it works in the same way as remote controlling any Spotify client from another... I remember clicking down near the volumn control in the app, but precisely what I was doing escapes me now. :)
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

Probably want super clear there!
I meant use the joggler as a remote to control the pc (so i dont need the interface on the PC on screen, but still playing through the speakers)

I chave found a 'transfer playback feature, but that just transfers what is playing on the pc to the joggler.
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

@Jetpac

Could you please explain a little more how your set uo works and what you want to do ?

Is Spotify installed on the PC (which OS) ?

Is LMS installed on the PC and are you using Spotty ?

Are you using LMS on the Joggler or just Squeezeplay ?

Do you have a Spotify Premium Account ?

Do you have a smartphone, Android or iOS ?

ronnie
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

Man in a van wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:21 pm @Jetpac

Could you please explain a little more how your set uo works and what you want to do ?

Is Spotify installed on the PC (which OS) ?

Is LMS installed on the PC and are you using Spotty ?

Are you using LMS on the Joggler or just Squeezeplay ?

Do you have a Spotify Premium Account ?

Do you have a smartphone, Android or iOS ?

ronnie

Absolutely!

I have spotify on the pc (win10) and want to have the joggler set up on my desk with the pc as a 'music now playing screen' (and photo frame) but acting as a remote control for the pc (as it has the sound setup)

Ubuntu is installed (usb boot) on the joggler. Squeezeplay + LMS are also installed and run from this ubuntu install.

I do have premium and an android phone.

Joggler plays Spotify absolutely fine... I just dont want to use it as the source of the sound.
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

It's not my day, just lost my last posting :x

Here we go again

Install Squeezeplay on the windows desktop and connect it to the LMS on the Joggler.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmscli ... y/windows/

Check that it works with your audio output.

Add it to your Spotty config

Start Squeezeplay on the Windows Desktop and minimise it.

Select Squeezeplay on the Joggler as player.

Go to My Apps > Spotty > choose music file and start to play. Control the volume on the joggler.

ronnie
Jetpac

Post by Jetpac »

Man in a van wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:38 pm It's not my day, just lost my last posting :x

Here we go again

Install Squeezeplay on the windows desktop and connect it to the LMS on the Joggler.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/lmscli ... y/windows/

Check that it works with your audio output.

Add it to your Spotty config

Start Squeezeplay on the Windows Desktop and minimise it.

Select Squeezeplay on the Joggler as player.

Go to My Apps > Spotty > choose music file and start to play. Control the volume on the joggler.

ronnie
You are a gentleman and a scholar! That works great!

Now i just need to work on some screensavers! either photoframe or some kind of weather.. that will be the next play!

Dont suppose you have any tips on how to auto start the squeezeplayer on the PC minimised to tray do you?
or get my spotify 'liked songs' in the spotty app on the joggler (i cant for the life of me find them!)
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Dont suppose you have any tips on how t ... y do you?

google gave me this

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-auto ... n-windows/

I right clicke the shortcut and added it to Start, Taskbar and Run as Admin. Then followed the above and restarted.

There was no indication on the Windows Desktop but Squeezeplay showed as a player on the Joggler.

or get my spotify 'liked songs' in the ... ind them!)

This might be available in LMS v 8.0.0 you will have to ask on the slimdevices forum.

I'm running LMS V 7.9.4 on my Joggler. The is a post from Paul webster on one the threads here regarding LMS v 8.0.0 and a bug, he has posted a workaround.

My Joggler is now not connecting to the onboard LMS (although it is up and running and available from the web gui on my Windows Desktop. It won't connect either to another LMS running on a raspberry pi. :roll: ). If it's not one thing it's another :(

ronnie