new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ando
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by ando » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 am

just got the new chinese build running on my joggler

all i done was download the empty img file provided above flashed it to my stick using disk imager then copied the files to the fat partition (file above kindly mirrored :) )


gotta say it's so much better than the 2.2.1 wifi seems better the whole thing seems snappier

english is already built in to just need to change the settings after startup, then a reboot and everything is english

market still doesnt show all apps but thats why we have file managers

done a video using my phone for anyone interested, also just making a image of my usb stick if people want it i'll host it somewhere

ando
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by ando » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:53 am


stephen m
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by stephen m » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:08 pm

asantaga, I noted previous that the image may be able to be compressed to fit into a 4gb card. Any update

User avatar
asantaga
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 am

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by asantaga » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:08 pm

I toasted my 2.2.1 build so I thought Id try this build out.. and yes its nice , but found the following snaggets.
1. Can't get android market to show all apps..
2. The image isnt rooted, so I cant try the titatium pro technique...

i think for me the worst bit is the android market.. i miss the apps already...
Angelo

ando
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by ando » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:30 pm

asantaga wrote:I toasted my 2.2.1 build so I thought Id try this build out.. and yes its nice , but found the following snaggets.
1. Can't get android market to show all apps..
2. The image isnt rooted, so I cant try the titatium pro technique...

i think for me the worst bit is the android market.. i miss the apps already...
ye the likes of bbc news facebook (only apps i searched for) no longer show up

universal androot wouldn't work would it? or z4root?

User avatar
jp_hero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by jp_hero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:54 pm

Yeak the lack of Root got very annoying. Couldn't do any of the major pimping I had planned.Universal Androot would not work nor would Visionary. Going back to 2.2.1

The market problem is very annoying as well.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero

User avatar
asantaga
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 am

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by asantaga » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:00 pm

No fear, ive emailed mijuu lets see if he can help
Angelo

User avatar
jp_hero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by jp_hero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:02 pm

asantaga wrote:No fear, ive emailed mijuu lets see if he can help
Nice email address to have
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero

User avatar
hawsey
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:23 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by hawsey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi folks
I wonder if anyone can help ;
My Android 2.1 stick has broke again!!
The default browser stopped working and i couldnt work out how to restore it so i downloaded Skyfire ,which worked for a while now its kaput too !
Is there any way i can restore my stick without starting from scratch ?
Thanks in advance
Gary
Happy Joggling

User avatar
jp_hero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by jp_hero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:33 pm

hawsey wrote:Hi folks
I wonder if anyone can help ;
My Android 2.1 stick has broke again!!
The default browser stopped working and i couldnt work out how to restore it so i downloaded Skyfire ,which worked for a while now its kaput too !
Is there any way i can restore my stick without starting from scratch ?
Thanks in advance
Gary
Is this whilst connected to wifi or ethernet?
Do you get force close messages or does the browser in question just freeze?
Do any other web connected programs work after the browser dies? Ie a twitter client or google maps?
After the browser dies how long would you say the joggler has been turned on for?

If you can answer these questions it should give a clearer picture of what is going on.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero

User avatar
hawsey
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:23 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by hawsey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks for your help,
I allways connect via wi fi (it allways stays connected after i close wifi then re open it)
Its a force close message (the application browser has stopped working)
It stopped working totally so not after so many minutes
I can still access the market as i then downloaded the skyfire app
Other apps also work
After another re boot my android joggler is now saying at the top left the sd card is damaged and might need a re format (not good i think )
Gary
Happy Joggling

User avatar
jp_hero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by jp_hero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:45 pm

hawsey wrote:Thanks for your help,
I allways connect via wi fi (it allways stays connected after i close wifi then re open it)
Its a force close message (the application browser has stopped working)
It stopped working totally so not after so many minutes
I can still access the market as i then downloaded the skyfire app
Other apps also work
After another re boot my android joggler is now saying at the top left the sd card is damaged and might need a re format (not good i think )
Gary
The usb drive sounds like its on its way out. For core apps like the browser to be force closing it's strange. Have you got another usb drive to try out. See if thats more stable.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero

User avatar
asantaga
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 am

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by asantaga » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:32 pm

jp_hero wrote:
asantaga wrote:No fear, ive emailed mijuu lets see if he can help
Nice email address to have
Ok I dont actually have Mijuus email address , I just posted to his wordpress blog and asked him questions!

Anyway, hesresponded, ,he's gonna root the image, take market out and let us add market the old fashioned way :-) :-)
New build due in a couple of days :)
Angelo

User avatar
jp_hero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by jp_hero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:35 pm

Nice work Angelo. I'm back on your previous image. Got it pretty stable at the moment. I'm finding VTL launcher is a lot smoother as well.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero

User avatar
hawsey
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 11:23 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by hawsey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Thanks for your help , i am re making my usb image now , seemed too far gone to save ,
i doubt its the flash stick as its just new , hp v165w 8gb mini (hope not anyway);-)
Once i have my bootable image again would i be able to make all the space on my 8gb drive usable for say pictures / music etc and if so how ?or will that just happen when it get built automatically.
Thanks
Toodle pip
Gary
Happy Joggling

User avatar
jp_hero
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by jp_hero » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:42 pm

hawsey wrote:Thanks for your help , i am re making my usb image now , seemed too far gone to save ,
i doubt its the flash stick as its just new , hp v165w 8gb mini (hope not anyway);-)
Once i have my bootable image again would i be able to make all the space on my 8gb drive usable for say pictures / music etc and if so how ?or will that just happen when it get built automatically.
Thanks
Toodle pip
Gary
You have to remember that flash memory is not meant to have several partitions and programs running constantly on it. I had a brand new memory card die within days of running apps2sd on it with my htc desire.
The other thing I was thinking of was maybe just a few files have become corrupted. Hopefully the new image will be ok.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero

User avatar
asantaga
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 am

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by asantaga » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 pm

@hawsey, to make the rest of your stick usable you need run some partition expansion program, my suggestion run a gparted livecd and us it.. very easy..
Angelo

User avatar
asantaga
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 am

Re: new custom Android 2.2.1 Build

Post by asantaga » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 am

Guys,

See new thread on Android 2.2.2/Mijuu 1.2.3 release , http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=176
Angelo

Post Reply