Ubuntu Bionic for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: Ubuntu Bionic for OpenFrame

Post by hawsey » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:38 am

Nice touch , I like that option .

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:54 pm

-=xXx=- wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:56 pm
Maybe someone will be interested Joggler can be used as 3rd screen for your PC in windows I added manually 3rd screen as mobile with resolution 848x480 and VNC from Joggler to it I use it to output some stats really comfortable and when I lock the pc vnc session is droped and joggler goes back to kodi screensaver.
That's really cool, I like that. :)

The build system is currently chewing on kernel 5.3 now that 5.2 has been binned. Hopefully it'll complete with minimal effort!
birdslikewires.net - home of the Reflash System, SqueezePlay (OS) and various tools for the Joggler!

roobarb!

Post by roobarb! » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:37 pm

roobarb! wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:54 pm
Hopefully it'll complete with minimal effort!
Jinxed it. It's doing the 'wrong architecture' problem like the last kernel did because I'm building 32-bit in a chroot on a 64-bit system and it's misidentifying it. Nearly lunchtime, I'll see if I can fix it.
birdslikewires.net - home of the Reflash System, SqueezePlay (OS) and various tools for the Joggler!

pete

Post by pete » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:43 pm

Dunno why but the build wouldn't stand up to reboots for me scrambling the internal 1Gb or 2Gb eMMC. Thought it was a bad eMMC then updated it with old build and its been fine with constant testing reboots 1-14 days after installation.

Am going to try a build and not touch it keeping it at a command line prompt to see what happens on two more O2 Jogglers that I have around here.

Just checked on 2 Openpeak1 and 1 Openpeak 2 which I installed old Squeezeplayer OS on way over a month ago and these are up and running fine and connected here to my Home Assistant box and LMS running on Ubuntu server. I have rebooted these a few times and they always boot and the eMMC never gets scrambled.

Note that I also have 2 more Squeezeplayers on line; both wirelessly connected with no issues. IE: that is 5 of these plus 15 running seabios and embedded XP though this is running on a 16Gb SSD.

Just purchased a Cisco Cius which is an Openpeak tablet with similar specifications to the Joggler except that it has 1Gb of RAM and has a 32Gb OS.

I want to run Ubuntu touch on it and it hopefully will do the basics.
- Pete

Auto mater