PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
tim20vt

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by tim20vt »

offbeatdaveyou are a star! Joggler updated yesterday and what a dissapointment. The only thing I use it for is to stream music and as a clock! Connect and play was gone and the new clock was awful.... Then I found your 'proper' upgrade. Install went smoothly first try, no network issues (but then my joggler has always had a static IP configured) and to my joy - connect&play reappeared. My euphoria was shortlived though as for some reason C&P couldn't see my NAS. So, eventually I gave up and started looking into the squeezebox option instead. Installed the server onto my nas, set SB on the joggler to look at my music folder and all is working great. Even put the app on my ipad so I can remotely change the music on the joggler remotely - how much trouble can i get into with the wife! :)
One thing I've found that doesn't work is deleting apps. Press and hold and the option pops up but selecting delete does nothing.
pukington

Post by pukington »

critch36 wrote:got there in the end with your guide, I had wrong info from router rather than pc, Thank you for your help.
No problem at all.
offbeatdave wrote:Yipee. Someone else who can actually get it to work. I'll copy your post to the thread I've tried to start to combine these issues!
The joy of learning in a development thread eh!

I'm being a plum, i can't get sound out of the joggler, I've done what you suggest above, and please bare with me, its been best part of ten years since i dabbled with anything other than winblows. I've copied the tar into the etc folder, un-tar'd, list the folder and its there. If i then try and click on the SWF Launchers' "/media/appshop/script/Internal_Sound.sh" script the file "asound.conf_internal" then dissapears from the /etc folder.

Its starting to drive me bonkers. I wont use the internal speakers when i finally get my grubdac through the post from the USA but its nice to know i can make it work!

Any ideas?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

tim20vt wrote:offbeatdaveyou are a star! Joggler updated yesterday and what a dissapointment. The only thing I use it for is to stream music and as a clock! Connect and play was gone and the new clock was awful.... Then I found your 'proper' upgrade. Install went smoothly first try, no network issues (but then my joggler has always had a static IP configured) and to my joy - connect&play reappeared. My euphoria was shortlived though as for some reason C&P couldn't see my NAS. So, eventually I gave up and started looking into the squeezebox option instead. Installed the server onto my nas, set SB on the joggler to look at my music folder and all is working great. Even put the app on my ipad so I can remotely change the music on the joggler remotely - how much trouble can i get into with the wife! :)
One thing I've found that doesn't work is deleting apps. Press and hold and the option pops up but selecting delete does nothing.
Haven't tested Connect and Play as I don't use it so any reports are welcome!

The default apps aren't hideable at the moment (although I may work on this at some stage!).
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

I'm being a plum, i can't get sound out of the joggler, I've done what you suggest above, and please bare with me, its been best part of ten years since i dabbled with anything other than winblows. I've copied the tar into the etc folder, un-tar'd, list the folder and its there. If i then try and click on the SWF Launchers' "/media/appshop/script/Internal_Sound.sh" script the file "asound.conf_internal" then dissapears from the /etc folder.

Its starting to drive me bonkers. I wont use the internal speakers when i finally get my grubdac through the post from the USA but its nice to know i can make it work!

Any ideas?
It should default to internal without doing anything. I need to change the script so that the files remain, but the one used is asound.conf (the internal/usb files are copied over this one). Try grabbing the tar, un taring it and not doing anything else. Oh, you may need to reboot too.
pete

Post by pete »

offbeatdave...

just a quick note about a typo above in the line:

"rminstallupnp.sh"

should be

"rm installupnp.sh"

Testing out UPNP and Squeezplay on the old firmware with TVersity / PlayOn TV....
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

pete_c wrote:offbeatdave...

just a quick note about a typo above in the line:

"rminstallupnp.sh"

should be

"rm installupnp.sh"

Testing out UPNP and Squeezplay on the old firmware with TVersity / PlayOn TV....
Fixed! Cheers for spotting that novice error!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

v3.029 now available.
pete

Post by pete »

Thanks offbeatdave!

Did something to it when I tried the UPNP install script and or configuring the Logitech server.

The Joggler decided not to boot on me.

Redid the original FW update and I am good to go with PnPIII.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Mantaray

Post by Mantaray »

Darn, looks like my joggler is bricked now. Relashing is not bringing it back to life anymore. My other joggler was updated to the new firmware at the same time as this one became bricked, coincidence? I really like the original OS, especially with PNPIII on it. DOes anyone know if it's possible to run the original OS (and even better with PNPIII modded) from an USB stick? As I'd much prefer this than running an alternative OS via the USB stick.
Slingshot72

Post by Slingshot72 »

Ive been using my Joggler as a squeezebox server but the official update really messed this up. Thanks to offbeatdave's hard work on the PnP III Ive almost got things back to normal again. The Logitech Media Server is up and running again but Im having trouble connecting to my windows home server which stores my music files.

I know Ive had this working before (under the original PnP). I can ping the servers IP address from the Joggler, no problem. After creating /media/music, I tried mounting the share with the following command:

Code: Select all

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.8/Music /media/music -o user=music,password=secret
But this wasnt working (IIRC it was reporting "no such device") and I soon realised that I hadnt installed SAMBA. Grabbing the cifs.ko kernel from this page (http://webdiary.com/2010/11/05/squeezeb ... -a-budget/) and using the details in this post (http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =538#p9282) I think Ive got the cifs.ko installed properly but Im now getting the error message "Invalid Parameter".

Anyone got any ideas on what Im doing wrong?
pete

Post by pete »

Initially reflashed to original OS. I then did roobarbs no update script. After that installed PnP III.

So far looks good!

I couldn't get DHCP to work wired or wirelessly and just put an IP address statically.

Looking next to connect to my two UPNP servers - Tversity / PlayOn TV. I can connect to them so far but not play any media.

Disabled squeezebox server for the time being.

Enabled syslogd and doing a "tail -f /var/log/messages" to find out what is happening.
Last edited by pete on Tue May 15, 2012 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Pete

Auto mater
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

Concur now...the DHCP isnt working...but a static IP works fine... from Wired OR wireless...
looks like something in the new OS code has broken

But as ever PnPIII rocks! Well done sir!

To anyone with a "bricked" Joggler... turn if off for 1/2 hour..then try a BirdslikeWires...
first time after a failed O2 update I had the system telling me it was not able to write to the memory store..
took 2 goes...

Dont give up!
Mr_Dave

Post by Mr_Dave »

Afternoon chaps, yep DHCP issues for me on the first go of the latest PnP III v3.029. This was an upgrade from PnP II to III. Just tried it on a clean install and the same issue cropped up. Works fine when I bang in a static IP addy. Strange one!

Good work Offbeatdave :)

Dave
pete

Post by pete »

Some weird socket binding error to 0.0.0.0 is happening. Thought it was related to NTP so put in an NTP.CONF file but it didn't fix it yet.
May 15 09:16:18 ICS-Joggler-01 daemon.err ntpd[2235]: unable to bind to wildcard socket address 0.0.0.0 - another process may be running - EXITING
I am getting my time sync.
May 15 09:21:44 ICS-Joggler-01 daemon.info ntpd[1166]: synchronized to 192.168.244.159, stratum 1
May 15 09:21:44 ICS-Joggler-01 daemon.notice ntpd[1166]: time reset -0.153703 s
Also see:
May 15 09:19:49 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: Socket error, ACS not reachable for Inform. Unsuccessful session
May 15 09:19:49 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: getSessionRetryWaitInterval count:5
Still looking to talk to O2.
May 15 09:22:42 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: ****************************************************
May 15 09:22:42 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: STREAM..........: B459F080
May 15 09:22:42 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: URL.............: "https://o200.openpeak.co.uk/appstore/o2/index.php"
May 15 09:22:42 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: Response Code...: 0
May 15 09:22:42 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: Error...........: "Timeout was reached"
May 15 09:22:42 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: ****************************************************
May 15 09:32:40 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: ****************************************************
May 15 09:32:40 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: STREAM..........: B45878E8
May 15 09:32:40 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: URL.............: "file:///openpeak/gui/./apps/maintenance/auto-reboot-control.xml"
May 15 09:32:40 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: Response Code...: 0
May 15 09:32:40 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: Error...........: "Couldn't read a file:// file"
May 15 09:32:40 ICS-Joggler-01 user.warn OpenPeak[1435]: ****************************************************
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Giving up on the time thing for now...

# tail -f /var/log/messages |grep ntp M ... hange 0001
- Pete

Auto mater
Max

Post by Max »

Slingshot72 wrote:Ive been using my Joggler as a squeezebox server but the official update really messed this up. Thanks to offbeatdave's hard work on the PnP III Ive almost got things back to normal again. The Logitech Media Server is up and running again but Im having trouble connecting to my windows home server which stores my music files.

I know Ive had this working before (under the original PnP). I can ping the servers IP address from the Joggler, no problem. After creating /media/music, I tried mounting the share with the following command:

Code: Select all

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.8/Music /media/music -o user=music,password=secret
But this wasnt working (IIRC it was reporting "no such device") and I soon realised that I hadnt installed SAMBA. Grabbing the cifs.ko kernel from this page (http://webdiary.com/2010/11/05/squeezeb ... -a-budget/) and using the details in this post (http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... =538#p9282) I think Ive got the cifs.ko installed properly but Im now getting the error message "Invalid Parameter".

Anyone got any ideas on what Im doing wrong?
I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I get the same. Annoyingly I had this working on my original joggler about a year ago, but no longer works. (My original one is currently having a bit of a holiday i.e. it's been switched off so that it doesn't update itself).

I have a sneaking suspicion that this might be related to the busybox version of /bin/mount. But I haven't found anything conclusive.
psul

Post by psul »

Brilliant work with PnP III, brought new life to my recently updated Joggler.
Connect and play definitely not working which is a shame as would like to play videos but, apart from that, Joggler is now better than ever.
monkums

Post by monkums »

offbeatdave wrote: *Install of Logitech Media Server can be prevented by #'ing out the relevant part of the pnp3op.sh or pnp3o2.shx files on the USB stick (in the files directory) before installing.
Can someone let me know if I #out all section relating to Logitech Media Server or just certain line and do I do it in both files?
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

[quote="pete_c"]Giving up on the time thing for now...

Try a complete reflash.... and start again...
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

Dave

cant we contribute to your beer fund ???? you, and Roobarb and BirdslLikeWires have collectively saved us Jogger users.!