PnP Mk II - Superceeded by PnP III (May 2012)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP Mk II - Here it is!

Post by offbeatdave »

Not sure. Could be that adding the extra icon messed up the functionality (like the soon to be removed messaging app). I'm holding back now from playing with anything until after the o2 update in a week or so though so will have a look then.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
mikmakmok

Post by mikmakmok »

Thanks for the response offbeatdave - I thought it worth mentioning before you start tinkering after the update.
Did you manage to check whether you got the same behaviour?
I'll have a look at the script and try and remove the icon, see if that achieves anything.

And huge thanks for all your efforts in the first place!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

mikmakmok wrote:Thanks for the response offbeatdave - I thought it worth mentioning before you start tinkering after the update.
Did you manage to check whether you got the same behaviour?
I'll have a look at the script and try and remove the icon, see if that achieves anything.

And huge thanks for all your efforts in the first place!
Right, it seems to be the icon messing up the behaviour. I have just run a fresh PnP install without Alarm mods and it seems to work. Remove the lines in the PnPMkII.shx file. You'll also need to open up the o2apps.tar and remove the o2_alarm directory from it and tar it back up again. Probably not worth doing anything until the o2 updates are completed though.
mikmakmok

Post by mikmakmok »

Blimey - understood and found the problem quicker than any tech support I've ever contacted! You're a star.

As you say, I'll wait and see what happens on Monday.

Thanks again,
Mark
stepoon

Post by stepoon »

Hi,

Just entered the world of owning a joggler and must say i'm impressed so far...

I have a Linkstation NAS with all my music on but cant seem to work out how to get Squeezebox server to see the NAS - is it straightforward? When i click on music folders all
I see is the folders on the NASm it;s driving me crazy!

Hope someone can help

S
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

mb1 wrote:Hello 'offbeatdave'
  • Is there a way I can get the BBC2 1980s Clock screensaver into the unit? I used to have it on 'Pimp My Joggler' if that helps. Not sure if it was originally nicked from a Chumby device. Either way, it was great and I miss that.
Have managed to modify the two (blue bg/gold text, black bg/orange text) BBC 2 clocks to take up the full screen so as long as can still modify stuff after updates, these are good to go as full screen screensavers.
Max

Post by Max »

There's loads of them here:

http://625.uk.com/tv_logos/flash2.htm

None of the ones I tried fill the whole screen though.
Colincliff

Post by Colincliff »

Hi,

I'm loving using PnP. after going through a number of different joggler OS's i find it is the one which means I use use the joggler the most.

I have a selection of squeezeboxes around the house, and mainly use my joggler for music. After finally going for a spotify subscription i'm really enjoying the set up.

I'd love to be able to use a ir remote control with the joggler. Something that can sit in the kitchen and I don't worry about getting banged etc. This would preferably be one of the squeezebox it remotes to keep consistency, but any remote with letters/numbers would work.

anyone tried installing LIRC on PNP mk2? It seems the best way to get IR functionality with Linux based systems. I had it working when I was running Ubuntu in the joggler, but wouldn't know where to start with PnP.

Any experiences/ideas on how to progress? Would love to see LIRC in PnP Mk3 :-)
Jarv_77

Post by Jarv_77 »

borgs wrote:When I booted up the Joggler without network access I found that I could not use Squeezeplay even though the server was on the same device.

If anyone is interested in turning their Joggler into a "portable" dukebox (sans network access) you just need to allocate a specific ip address to localhost in the hosts file in the etc directory. Maybe there are alternative techniques - I wasn't sure if you could just set the ip address to 127.0.0.1?

When you want it to run as a standalone box oustide of any network just set its static ip to the one listed in the hosts file.
If you want it to be on a network just set it to some other ip address.
Now that is interesting! It only occured to me the other day that even with a HardDrive attached to the Joggler and Squeezeplayer and LMS running then it would still need wifi access to actually work. I like the idea of being able to run it independently.

I've been away from this thread for a bit but reading through would I be right in saying that LMS is now available in PNP MkII but some people are having problems with long scan durations and allowing it to access their files? I used to run LMS on old PnP and had numerous issues (with scan times, forgetting files etc etc as documented in the forum). As soon as I tried Joli running LMS I noticed that the scan time was much much quicker than old PnP and the squeezeplay performance was much smoother.
I haven't tried the current install of PnP MkII with LMS yet but if it is having similar issues I wonder what is causing it? Is it purely that on Joli it runs from the USB rather than internal memory?

With a set up that works (Joli+LMS+Squeezeplay working off an external hard drive) I am loathe to change it again but the current PnP Mk II/(or post update Mk III !!) is very very tempting if it has a working LMS on board......
jollyjoggler

Post by jollyjoggler »

how can i install the SWF Launcher including full reboot script and the Scripts to switch between Internal and USB sound cards (simple and advanced) (in SWF->Shell) without installing Pnp mk II?
Blotch

Post by Blotch »

So will a joggler with PNP MkII installed, update automatically to the new openpeak rollout this week? I have 3 jogglers, fortunately none have updated so far :-)
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

None of my PnP II Jogglers have gone yet. There are five to choose from too!
Blotch

Post by Blotch »

My 3 jogglers have survived thus far with no update :D
ordessa

Post by ordessa »

Blotch wrote:So will a joggler with PNP MkII installed, update automatically to the new openpeak rollout this week? I have 3 jogglers, fortunately none have updated so far :-)

Yup!... I've had one PnP MkII upgrade and one still sitting there in old format.
Both have working squeeze and BBCiplayer
Blotch

Post by Blotch »

Looks like the rollout will take longer than O2 planned! I'm still receiving txs from friends via O2 messaging app...and PNP is untouched so far.
russ333

Post by russ333 »

One of my jogglers has upgraded. It was running the original PNP, can i run the PNP mk11 on the upgraded one or do i need to wait until a work around is done. :D
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

russ333 wrote:One of my jogglers has upgraded. It was running the original PNP, can i run the PNP mk11 on the upgraded one or do i need to wait until a work around is done. :D
The USB installer won't work yet as the Openpeak'ed OS doesn't let them run in the same way the o2 one did.
Also, I'm messing around with it at the moment as it doesn't actually fit on the Joggler with all the Openpeak stuff on it.
Most things are up and running on my test version now which launches through the Telnet prompt with a USB stick in the Joggler.

Still to do:
I'd really like a way to get the volume control back in the o2 Lounge radio app (which works apart from this). I've messed around popping the o2 volume swf file on instead but still no joy.
I haven't been able to make the Sports News or the Sky News apps work (or the Sudoku one) but have added Sky Sports News and Sky News feeds to the News app. They are a little messy due to ads etc but not too bad.
I'd also like to alter the title bar to get rid of the unused icons but when I remove them through flash editing software, the bar doesn't work properly (network icon continually flashing).
roobarb!

PnP Mk II - Here it is!

Post by roobarb! »

There's a little voice in my head whenever I'm in this new OpenPeak OS that whispers "Is what you're doing worth it? Could you not just stick to the tried & tested original?".

Increasingly, the answers for me stack up against the updated OS.

BTW - will try to ignore the voice and sort out SSH installer next week.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
russ333

Post by russ333 »

thanks for all your hard work guys.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

roobarb! wrote:There's a little voice in my head whenever I'm in this new OpenPeak OS that whispers "Is what you're doing worth it? Could you not just stick to the tried & tested original?".

Increasingly, the answers for me stack up against the updated OS.

BTW - will try to ignore the voice and sort out SSH installer next week.
You heard that voice too! I thought I'd imagined it! Then sadly my 8 year old found an OpenPeak'ed Joggler and it's games so the decision was made for me I'm afraid!