JazzMod:Source InDev 1 (coming soon)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jazzmista

Re: Mijuu-based JazzMod ICS v1.0 (Working Market! - LINK UP)

Post by jazzmista »

jp_hero wrote:Nice work Jazzmista. I've got a few ideas of some tweaks we can add to this. I'll test them out and get in touch.
Thanks - I'm looking forward to it :-)
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

jp_hero wrote:
jazzmista wrote:Also, for those who want a reboot widget, I've discovered a bug feature that allows you to reboot from the lockscreen. Simply slide left for the camera (instead of right to unlock), and wait for the Joggler to have a tantrum (as it has no camera) and reboot! Instant reboot as well :-D

edit - 100th post! :geek:
have you tried gscript lite?

a custom script of

"reboot -p"

would make a normal device shutdown

and

"reboot"

would make a normal device reboot. Neither work because of the "odd" root method. We need to get the up to date su binaries installed in the right place. Have you tried old versions of superuser?
I did try them, mustn't have mentioned it on the forums though! I have tried old versions - seeing if pre-downloading to SU binaries and pushing them to the correct place via /system/ image mount on my PC works - here's hoping!
acesabe

Post by acesabe »

I'm liking this release so far and apart from the lack of support for Flash on Android x86 and no GPU acceleration (thanks to Intel Poulsbo chipset), everything works nicely!

One thing I found odd was that when connected to my wireless home network, the wlano interface has 3 IP secondary addresses, one of them listening on port 5555:

Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.***
Host is up (0.0038s latency).
Not shown: 999 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE
5555/tcp open freeciv

no games installed so it isn't that, I will investigate this further as it seems a bit odd, I don't get this on my Android phone, but it is a different ROM...

Anyway - nice work jazzmista!
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

guys,

I must be doing something wrong here, but I simply can't get the market to work, every time I register an account I get the error "Unfortunately, google services framework has stopped"

and then if I continue and try and download something from the market I get error -101..

Any ideas?

*** Ignore... now seams to work.. simply rebooting many times did the trick.. weird..
Angelo
zuccster

Post by zuccster »

acesabe wrote: One thing I found odd was that when connected to my wireless home network, the wlano interface has 3 IP secondary addresses, one of them listening on port 5555:
Almost certainly ADB listening for connections :-)
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

The additional IPs listening on port 5555 is adb, which I have been playing with :)

Fixed the timezone issue:
Needed to change some properties so created a /data/local.prop containing:

persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=GB
persist.sys.timezone=Europe/London
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=GB

This ideally should be part of the image - bit of a faff adding it manually.

Also been playing around trying to get wired ethernet working. Seems the driver and everything works if you start the wired connection manually. Just looks like ICS has no GUI to start/stop/configure ethernet.

ifconfig eth0 hw ether 0e:1c:22:xx:xx:xx
netcfg eth0 dhcp

Been trying to get the above commands to run automatically on boot but not working for some reason. Anyone else had any luck?

Jeff
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

on a slightly different note, I find that although Ive got market to work many, and I mean many, apps simply wont work, especially if they connect to google accounts..

Any ideas? myself and a buddy think its some of the files arent in the right place...
Angelo
johnciaccio

Post by johnciaccio »

Has anyone tried this or any other rom on a openpeak openfram 7 (openframe 7e)? I have an old one and after looking around the internet I think the devices may be close enough to use the same methods and software as the Joggler.
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

would not know as I have never owned, yet alone seen one, but if it uses the same boot methods it may boot,is the hardware any different?
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
johnciaccio

Post by johnciaccio »

It seems very similar I have not checked for exact chips inside and have not seen anywhere someone took it apart to check however the basic setup seems the same. here is a link to a small review of it. http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/categor ... ng/page/4/

I have gotten then telnet script to work. However I have not figured out the password yet I have tried the letmein user with no password but it does not work. the login prompt says adam login:
johnciaccio

Post by johnciaccio »

OK the rom worked...booted up. Live wallpapers don't seem to work and having trouble with wifi. However it runs very fast! It looks like it is using a generic framebuffer :( no hw acceleration). The gigabyte ethernet chip seems to be recognized.
acesabe

Post by acesabe »

For all you budding digital DJ's out there, check out DJ Controller from Market, uses midi over wifi to control your DJ mix app on your computer, works pretty good, although Joggler doesn't seem to support multi-touch, but it's a lot easier than using the touchpad or mouse!! 8-)

http://yfrog.com/h0yxvzgj
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

johnciaccio wrote:Has anyone tried this or any other rom on a openpeak openfram 7 (openframe 7e)? I have an old one and after looking around the internet I think the devices may be close enough to use the same methods and software as the Joggler.
You've got an OpenFrame unit? Where did you find that?! :)

Picture, please! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
bally3

Post by bally3 »

Maybe this might help?

http://groups.google.com/group/android- ... 61fbf4f94f

Nice build btw :)
johnciaccio

Post by johnciaccio »

roobarb! wrote:
johnciaccio wrote:Has anyone tried this or any other rom on a openpeak openfram 7 (openframe 7e)? I have an old one and after looking around the internet I think the devices may be close enough to use the same methods and software as the Joggler.

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News ... enFrame-7/

I picked it up used at a place called Savers (in the U.S.) sort of like a goodwill store but more for profit. Also picked up a 60" tv wall mount for $25 there (name brand LG) they had 3 all in unopened boxes.

Anyways I saw this in a bag several times. Curious as I am I looked it up at home. Very interesting device. Seems Openpeak has been pushing the basic device to several companys including Verizon. This one was used by ComEd (electric company in U.S.) as a experimental energy controller. Has a Zigbee controller in it for talking with Zigbee compliant devices.

Some day I may open it up to see what all is inside of it.

Ubuntu for the Joggler is what I am using now. Everything seems to work even bluetooth! paired it with my phone! It also shows if I activate the proprietary driver for the wifi I can get wireless n working.

If only I could get ICS running properly. Can not turn on bluetooth or wifi with it and HW acceration does not seem to work as no live wallpapers work.
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

acesabe wrote:For all you budding digital DJ's out there, check out DJ Controller from Market, uses midi over wifi to control your DJ mix app on your computer, works pretty good, although Joggler doesn't seem to support multi-touch, but it's a lot easier than using the touchpad or mouse!! 8-)

http://yfrog.com/h0yxvzgj

What a great idea/application of the joggler.

I suppose running XP one could control the joggler directly using a USB mixer, would make for a super portable dj set up....
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

johnciaccio wrote:
roobarb! wrote:

http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News ... enFrame-7/

I picked it up used at a place called Savers (in the U.S.) sort of like a goodwill store but more for profit. Also picked up a 60" tv wall mount for $25 there (name brand LG) they had 3 all in unopened boxes.

Anyways I saw this in a bag several times. Curious as I am I looked it up at home. Very interesting device. Seems Openpeak has been pushing the basic device to several companys including Verizon. This one was used by ComEd (electric company in U.S.) as a experimental energy controller. Has a Zigbee controller in it for talking with Zigbee compliant devices.

Some day I may open it up to see what all is inside of it.

Ubuntu for the Joggler is what I am using now. Everything seems to work even bluetooth! paired it with my phone! It also shows if I activate the proprietary driver for the wifi I can get wireless n working.

If only I could get ICS running properly. Can not turn on bluetooth or wi
fi with it and HW acceratio

Have you tried the last Android build , 1.2.3 which is more stable with lots more working apps ?
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=318
I think we are all waiting with baited breath for the next mijju release :)
Happy Joggling
Happy Joggling
gaffaw

Post by gaffaw »

Hi Guy's,
Some great work going on here. What Ive seen so far looks amazing really impressed.
I've been playing with ICS for a couple of days now and wondered if anyone has managed to get the wired ethernet to work yet. If so is it a fairly easy thing to enble and get working?
I've had a play with the ifconfig command but to no avail. Is there an idiots guide maybe.

If I'm asking ahead of the game - apologies.

Gaffaw
miccheck1516

Post by miccheck1516 »

gaffaw wrote:Hi Guy's,
Some great work going on here. What Ive seen so far looks amazing really impressed.
I've been playing with ICS for a couple of days now and wondered if anyone has managed to get the wired ethernet to work yet. If so is it a fairly easy thing to enble and get working?
I've had a play with the ifconfig command but to no avail. Is there an idiots guide maybe.

Gaffaw

I was told there was no support for ethernet in ICS....
jeffers

Post by jeffers »

miccheck1516 wrote:
gaffaw wrote:Hi Guy's,

Gaffaw

I was told there was no support for ethernet in ICS....

Theres no ethernet support in the ICS *GUI*... android itself has ethernet support and even has the drivers for the jogglers ethernet adaptor. I can get it working from an ssh session but cant get it to configure itself automatically on boot (see my previous post in this thread).

I havent really looked at it much recently but it shouldnt be too hard