New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Tweaks

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: New Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.4 + Google Apps + Twea

Post by hawsey »

I cant realy remember what was on the original build but i think clocksync was one. I have searched for that but with no luck. There seems to be quite a few still on there though .
Also one of my apps has just auto updated if that helps.
Is there any news from elsewhere x86 android page etc
Might just go and have a look. :idea:
Happy Joggling
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

Apps that can still be found on the Market will probably auto-update, as I can delete them and re-install them. If the app cannot be found on the Market, then it won't auto-update even if I've already installed it. ClockSync is one such app, as is Beautiful Widgets.
Lots of the apps I found and installed prior to Google making this change also will no longer update, and I can't install them from the Market to my other Joggler.

There *are* a quite a few apps that are still on there, but the Market is sufficiently slugged now as to be useless to me.
iKarampa

Post by iKarampa »

iKarampa wrote:Hi,

I just tried this image. It seems to work but there is no sound coming out of my Joggler. Is there support for sound?
My Audiomanager Console was disabled (license expired). Reinstalling the image and setting the loud scheme on Audiomanager fixed this.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

1.2.4 was uploaded to my ftp by "Foxx". I repacked it after wiping free space, so it's much smaller now

http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/andro ... ked.img.gz

I put the uploaded text with it here

http://joggler.exotica.org.uk/img/andro ... weaked.txt

im not sure it needed to slag off my Ubuntu work as much though! :) (ok it was more specifically referring to ubuntu in general I guess).
Mx560

Post by Mx560 »

I just tried the above , and none of the apps will link to the market
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

just to be sure, are you reporting an issue in my images over the others or a general issue ? i only "should" have cleaned the free space.
Mx560

Post by Mx560 »

My bad, your image is fine m8, dont know why I thought market links had been fixed, need to read more
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Are there any apps that will allow me to control the media player on my android joggler from my android mobile phone?
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

Still a great build thank you for this! Just to point out my fav apps:-
News= Appy Geek/ Engadget/ Pulse for tech news and Wiki
Mailonmobile/Guardian Anywhere/ New Scientist/ Sky News (video works) & UK Newspapers
Comics= MangaWhat & Rage Reader
Music= AudioAnywhere (podcasts) VEOH (video works) Jango and recently tried BluePlaylist (excellent like Spotify where you can use Joggler as remote control to play music from their site to another PC. It is on Market so download)
Games= X-Construct great bridgebuilder game
Google Talk & maps also work well
Banzai

Post by Banzai »

can somebody upload here mplayer from 124 build? or any videoplayer,which can work on our androidx86... I test a lot of players,but no one not work(all compile for arm)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Many thanks JP for aa great build, very smooth and responsive, nice one.
So i plugged a bluetooth dongle in to my joggler and it shows up in the top bar and you can scan for devices but nothing is found and also other devices cant see the joggler! ! Could this be the old dongle i am using?
Does anyone use bluetooth sucessfully.
Also i have managed to sideload dropbox and a couple of apps but its a pain since the market got borked for us, does anyone know of a site where you can browse/read a quick review then download apps i'm thinking maybee straight into a dropbox folder ...
Any ideas
Cheers
Happy Joggling
QuackingPlums

Post by QuackingPlums »

I'd be interested in that too if you find one! It doesn't look like this is going to get looked at any time soon. Bah.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

mobilism is quite good although of dubious legality
richonhelp

Post by richonhelp »

I have tried the BlueStacks App player and it syncs with joggler. All this software does is allow an emulated Android session on your PC and you can transfer apps from joggler using cloud software. As for finding apps for android development, I hope I do not go to hell for this, by searching for appy geek apk its the top search could be dubious- the website will allow you download apps and install them on joggler
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Re ;my quest to find a better method to sideloading with dropbox in place of Android Market.
I found a great little apk called aptoide you need to sideload this from dropbox to start with it searches its own repository for apps then gives you the choice to search others then you have the option to add new ones to the list,
i now have over 7000 apps to chose from after about 30 mins playing with this thing : just installed blueplaylist (excellent on first impression)using this method plus a few others and all seems pretty good so far.
I instaled AVG Antivirus as one of my first just in case .
Obviously use at your own risk ;-)
Enjoy ...
Happy Joggling
danfoshizzle

Post by danfoshizzle »

Most of the stuff on aptoide is safe. I use it on my phone daily, some dodgy stuff you can spot a mile off but also some gems not available on the market
Fullscreen squeezeplay windows, server 2003, foshiz mini v1 and v2, (and a few broken builds) :P so far.....
more to come!!

Jogglers " Obi Wan" according to Pete_c :D
saigonij

Post by saigonij »

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for this awesome forum, its been really helpful.

I brought a joggler last year, just on a whim and never did anything with it. the other night i decided i wanted to use it as a media player, to stream music on my network around my house via speakers in the ceiling...

I tried ubuntu - but that didnt work too well as it felt clunky and the screen was too big for the joggler...

anyway, i found this forum and tried it out last night.

i must say im impressed so far but was hoping for some help from someone...

I installed Skifta as the dnla client - which all worked well. however im trying to get vplayer installed with little success. It simply says "Application did not install"

Are there any logs i can look at, or does vplayer simply not work with an atom processor???

anyhelp would be really appreciated, as im 95% close to getting this working.

Thanks.

Ian.
danb79

Post by danb79 »

Id say its because android devices use "arm" based cpu's and our joggler has an "x86" cpu so unfortunatly not many android apps work
nitrowing

Post by nitrowing »

I've installed 1.2.4 and am initially impressed! It is much more responsive than my old android version (2.1 I think).

Problems?

It wont connect to the internet. It is connected to the network, I can ping it from my laptop, I can connect with adb.
Working - I had to manually set the IP and stuff due to my network.
No sound. Sound isn't a big issue but using the alarm clock is now useless! lol!
Last edited by nitrowing on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mildenhall

Post by mildenhall »

Adobe abandons work on Flash plug-in for mobile devices
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15648899

I wondering if this will be good news for us. The one niggle for me about Andriod on Joggler is the lack of flash support. If BBC iPlayer starts using HTML5 instead, we could see the iPlayer working on Joggler Andriod!!

Am I being too hopefull?