Anyone using this robot vaccum thingamajig?

Non Joggler related discussion.
alexis92

Anyone using this robot vaccum thingamajig?

Post by alexis92 »

Hey Joggler-ers!

Just wanted to go off-topic for a sec and do a quick check to see if anyone here has any experience with the iRobot Roomba 960. I went on a bit of a rabbit hole lately in search of a good one, and this one caught my eye from a buyer's guide that I looked at (https://www.allhomerobotics.com/best-ro ... ices-year/). The price seemed just right and it had the sort of WiFi connectivity I've been looking for.

If anyone here has any experience with using it, I'd love to hear your thoughts! Or perhaps any other robovac you could recommend?

TIA!
alexis92

Re: Anyone using this robot vaccum thingamajig?

Post by alexis92 »

Haven't been any answers yet so I'll narrow it down, has anyone used this specific one? https://www.amazon.com/s?k=roomba+960&i ... s_li_ss_tl
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

I would take this as a "no", and I regard robot vacs with suspicion. Besides, the number of stairs in this place, plus the cables, stairs, kids toys, stairs and stairs... nope. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

Thinking I used and tinkered with the first generation Roomba many many years ago. It worked until it didn't and I never automated it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

roobarb! wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:42 am I would take this as a "no", and I regard robot vacs with suspicion. Besides, the number of stairs in this place, plus the cables, stairs, kids toys, stairs and stairs... nope. :)
Stairs are a pain indeed...
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

pete wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:40 pm Thinking I used and tinkered with the first generation Roomba many many years ago. It worked until it didn't and I never automated it.
So... how long did it work until it didn't? 😂
alexis92

Post by alexis92 »

Funny how things work, in recent days I actually got married, and it turns out a robovac was included in one of our wedding gifts from a friend! Apparently, they got the idea from this wedding planner called L&L.
pete

Post by pete »

It worked a couple of years on my wood floors where I had my old parrot living.

Kika (parrot) is now 45 years old and still lives in a nook next to the kitchen dining area.
kika1.jpg
Congratulations @alexis92 on your marriage!!

Yes here too got a vacumn cleaner for a wedding present many many years ago.

Interesting cuz Amazon now owns Roomba.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater