6 x Joggler, 2 x Telstra w/ DECT phone and 1 x OpenPeak 2 free to collector

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
jim_lewis1

6 x Joggler, 2 x Telstra w/ DECT phone and 1 x OpenPeak 2 free to collector

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Well, it is time for me to finally clear out the Jogglers I have.

As per the title, I have 6 x Normal Jogglers (2 x power supplies) plus 2 x the Joggler that comes with a DECT phone and 1 x the larger format Joggler (OpenPeak 2.0 I think).

As far as I am aware they are all functional, but I never did find a way to use the phones.

As I now have Alexa and Google devices in use I just don't see myself making any fiurther use of these.

I'm happy they go to a good home for free, but I don't want to be paying any postage on this lot.

I also want them to go as a oner. Please don't ask for them individually.

We're leaving the country, so it's either one of you lot to collect, or into the Electrical Waste mountain they go!

I live near Pontrypridd in Wales. Hopefully someone nearby is interested.

Thanks, Jim
Paul Webster

Re: 6 x Joggler, 2 x Telstra w/ DECT phone and 1 x OpenPeak 2 free to collector

Post by Paul Webster »

What a great offer.
Hopefully someone in South Wales or Bristol area can rescue them to save a big wrapping and posting exercise.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

That's a great offer Jim , I'm too far unfortunately and this group is pretty small , I'm trying to get some interest using them for Ham radio so I could ask if there is anyone local to you on one of my radio groups if that is ok .
Please don't throw them on the pile at the dump , if no one can collect , I would pay postage if you can find a box big enough .
Thanks again
Gary
Happy Joggling
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

Time is running out on these as we are trying to get everything packed for our house move (to France)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

@jim-lewis would you post please , I would hate for them to go to e waste after your kind offer to save them . I would PayPal you you could use MyHermes to keep costs down and I could PayPal you the amount. I messaged you as well 😊
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Where are you going to in France?
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

jim_lewis1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:42 pmAs per the title, I have 6 x Normal Jogglers (2 x power supplies) plus 2 x the Joggler that comes with a DECT phone and 1 x the larger format Joggler (OpenPeak 2.0 I think).
I've been looking for the Jogglers that came with DECT phones for the entire time I've been doing Joggler stuff. Never had one for testing.

Would you be able to box them if I arrange a courier to collect?

Seven hour round trip to collect in person, so that's off the cards, but it's easy to have DHL or whoever pick it up. Please, never bin a Joggler!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

These have now been picked up. Glad they will find appreciative homes. I hope one of the DECT ones reaches you Roobarb, I always appreciated the time and effort you put into this project. If you ever get any joy out of the phone I'd be interested to read about it.

All the best,

Jim
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks Jim , good luck with your move .
@roobarb! I'll send you one of the ones with the Dect phones as soon as Brian, the fellow radio amateur who picked them up sends some on to me , he is keeping a couple to tinker with and is posting the rest of them to me at the the end of next week .
I'm hoping to get some interest in the ham radio community to make some use of Jogglers and will put a post on one of the Facebook groups and offer them for postage cost .
Cheers for saving them .
Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Ah, great stuff! Thanks, @hawsey, that's very kind. I think you might have my details already... maybe? If not just give me a shout.

And thanks, Jim - best of luck in your new home! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

roobarb! wrote:Ah, great stuff! Thanks, @hawsey, that's very kind. I think you might have my details already... maybe? If not just give me a shout.

And thanks, Jim - best of luck in your new home! :)
Big thanks to @jim_lewis1 Jim , the first batch of Jogglers finally arrived ; for some reason , the two boxes that were sent from Wales to Northumberland, both picked up together , one came today , the other is scheduled for Monday ....
@roobarb! I've never seen the Telstra ones before with phone , not sure if they boot up just like Jogglers , they certainly look the same .
If you message me your address I'll send one forward to you Image
ImageImage

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
Paul Webster

Post by Paul Webster »

I will be very interested if you could get the DECT phone to work … especially with a non-Openpeak base.
I managed to get mine to see it but was not able to make it complete the process.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Paul Webster wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:30 am I will be very interested if you could get the DECT phone to work … especially with a non-Openpeak base.
I managed to get mine to see it but was not able to make it complete the process.
I'll let you know if I find anything out Paul , I think Roobarb will be our best hope for that sort of thing , I take it the Openpeak units are populated with a Dect receiver inside them .
Happy Joggling
Paul Webster

Post by Paul Webster »

I think it is an optional part and only shipped with those that came with handsets.

I managed to connect it to matching base (although I don’t remember which one it is now) but I did not spend enough time trying to get the SIP function working on the base before I replaced the firmware (although that is a hazy recollection).
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

hawsey wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:51 pm @roobarb! I've never seen the Telstra ones before with phone , not sure if they boot up just like Jogglers , they certainly look the same .
If you message me your address I'll send one forward to you Image
Oh my word, I can't tell you how long I've been looking for one of those! :shock:

Thank you, I shall zap you my address now!

I'm not experienced with SIP and DECT on Linux, but I shall certainly have a tinker. I've mostly been curious as to how the audio is handled on these, because I think the option of the DECT element is what gives our Jogglers the strangely non-standard STAC9202 pinout.