Install Plex in Joggler main Memory

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
ttherapo

Install Plex in Joggler main Memory

Post by ttherapo »

Hi everyone. I have three jogglers at home with LMS isntalled in main merory. I would love to install in one of them Plex media server so that the device will launch directly into Plex interface, insted of LMS. Is this possible?

Thanks
roobarb!

Re: Install Plex in Joggler main Memory

Post by roobarb! »

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that you'll run out of space. Plus, though the Joggler may be able to file-serve the content just fine, it'll have no hope of transcoding anything.

Hang on, you say "launch directly into Plex interface". Are you talking about installing a client or a server here?
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Tried this out just for the sake of it.

IMG_4822 (1).jpeg

It neither works terribly well (it's the web UI) nor does it fit on the internal memory, but it's kinda fun. If there were a 32-bit build of Plex Media Player that might be a different matter, but nobody has made one yet. I do use Plex and with the server handling transcoding it might decent. The Joggler can definitely downscale 720p to 480p and play it smoothly with CPU power alone, just so long as it's not supporting a whole bunch o' web browser at the same time.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Micki-CH

Post by Micki-CH »

How did you manage to get the streaming / chromecast icon to be visible? I can't see it in my setup just a TV icon or exit full-screen.

I would mainly use the plex to stream to the chromecast on the TV, else I have not yet found a good use-case.

Thank you
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea - I can't remember! I was surprised that it worked at all. :lol: