Openpeak Kernel Source

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Openpeak Kernel Source

Post by roobarb! »

Hey folks, I don't suppose anybody still has a copy of the original kernel source code from Openpeak for the OpenFrame 1 / Joggler? It was released as part of the GPL compliance and will have in it some configuration details and tweaks they used, but I don't seem to have it in my collection!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Re: Openpeak Kernel Source

Post by pete »

I have saved much of the older stuff to the NAS drive but cannot find the original kernel source code. I just have the programming document that was used and I posted it here a while ago.

Looking now at some back ups of my desktop which I might have kept this stuff on...what date are we looking at ??

Googling see a reference to Moblin Linux around 2009 and Openpeak devices.

I do not think that Moblin now exist. BUT see this:

Moblin is an open source project focused on building a Linux-based platform optimized for the next generation of mobile devices including Netbooks, Mobile Internet Devices, and In-vehicle infotainment systems.

Seeing archives of Moblin Linux V2.1 around. It was made for the Atom CPU stuff.

Also see a reference to Meego and Openpeak on display...around 2009..with the larger Openpeak 2 device.

MeeGo is an open-source Linux project which brings together the Moblin project, headed up by Intel, and Maemo, by Nokia, into a single open-source activity. It includes performance optimisations and features which enable the development of computational and graphically oriented applications and connected services, support for Internet standards, easy-to-use development environment based on Qt, and state-of-the-art Linux stack optimised for the size and capabilities of small footprint platforms and mobile devices. MeeGo currently targets platforms such as netbooks and entry-level desktops, handheld computing and communications devices, in-vehicle infotainment devices, connected TVs, and media phones.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Yeah, it's going to be from around that time...
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

BTW and unrelated to OP...

The Octocore TV Boxes all have Mali M820 GPUs. The current CoreElec is using 3.X kernels.

ICS-X9T:~ # uname -a
Linux ICS-X9T 3.14.29 #1 SMP Sun May 12 15:03:58 BST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Which work fine with the Mali 820 GPU / KODI 18.X.

They are working on the GPU stuff for current 5.X kernels at this time but it's not soup yet.

~# uname -a
Linux HS3-ATL 5.1.0-aml-s905 #5.89 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 17 13:01:39 MSK 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

It works great right now as a server but HD playback is using that virtual emulated video driver.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater