what's the best Operating system and App to play this radio station?

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
deeinlondon

what's the best Operating system and App to play this radio station?

Post by deeinlondon »

I want to setup an old Joggler to play this radio station for my father who's retired and doesn't know how to use a computer - so the simpler the better.

Ideally will be connected to external speakers for better sound. what's the easiest and most reliable system?

https://radiogoa.info/
hawsey

Re: what's the best Operating system and App to play this radio station?

Post by hawsey »

Possibly PNPIII which goes on top of the stock OS or failing that an Android App.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Get him a Google Home mini 😁
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Will it play on that Dave :-)

Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

hawsey wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 pm Will it play on that Dave :-)

Yep! https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Goa-s263562/
pete

Post by pete »

Been testing out the SqueezePlayer OS on O2, Openpeak (OpenFrame) 1-2's running on internal eMMC over the last few months and it is very stable and rarely abends and if your internal eMMC is getting old and wore down you can utilize one of the newer USB memory sticks or microSD to USB sticks.

You can just leave Squeezebox player on and shut off external audio amplifier or just shut off Squeezeplayer at the console and resume when you power it on.

The above noted here base interaction with house automation is the "Joggler" touchscreen running 24/7 365 days a year with no issues now over the last few years.

I had one in the master bathroom here and wife got spooked about the AI and made me remove it. I am old these days and she is younger than me and interacts today with a computer every day (banking)....;)

Even simpler and as mentioned above but more costly you can purchase a VR (voice recognition) device like the Amazon Alexa or Google device and just tell the device to stream whatever on voice command.

This past Sunday had a little party here near Chicago. I disabled one Amazon Echo next to one tabletop Joggler. 5 year old grandson "playing" with the automation touchscreen changed the air conditioner settings to around 55 °F (13 °C) and we woke up on Monday morning to a very cold house.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
gegs

Post by gegs »

1) If you use Squeezeplay OS, use the search facility on the Home Screen, search for "Radio Goa"
2) A screen will come up asking where you want to search for it; choose "Radio" then all the search results will load
3) When you see the station you want, hold your finger over it (don't just tap it) and choose "Add to Favorites"
4) From the Home Screen you can now access the station from "Favorites" (a small heart icon next to it)
5) Do the same for any other station you listen to regularly
6) If you want to make "Favorites" easier for your father to access, hold your finger on Favorites (don't just tap) and choose "Move to top"; Favorites will now be at the top of the home screen and if you tap it all your saved radio stations will be listed