Kodi (Formerly XBMC) Dev/Beta Builds

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
pete

Re: Kodi (Formerly XBMC) Dev/Beta Builds

Post by pete »

Here installed a sort of on demand use of the built in Roku on last LCD TV I purchased in December, 2017 because I noticed it is sniffing the HDMI ports on the television when watching KODI. Been noticing pop ups from Roku when watching Kodi movies.

Over Christmas time here many most LCD retailers had 65" or above Smart TV's on sale and today most of them include Roku or other propietary multistreaming services applications. Actually the television now monitors all of the HDMI devices plugged in to it.

IE: installed neighbors new Samsung 65" LCD TV with Tizen OS which does resemble the Roku OS with similiar features. Tested it with aux HDMI connections and it doesn't appear to be sniffing the HDMI ports (because I did not see any pop ups).

Here in the US Roku / Tizen OS's show all or most popular streaming services. IE: utilize AOD and Netflix here.

KODI ==> HDMI ==> AVR ==> LCD TV with Roku

Here prefer to run Kodi on Ubuntu / Intel mini BOX rather than Windows 10 or current release of Android.

Both WIndows 10 and Android are very chatty kathy on the internet mostly taking care primarily of the OS and anything else secondary.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater