Firmware with DECT support.

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
-=xXx=-

Firmware with DECT support.

Post by -=xXx=- »

Hi..
I'm looking for firmware with DECT support preferable Avaya, maybe somone still have it ?

Thanks.
-=xXx=-

Re: Firmware with DECT support.

Post by -=xXx=- »

Pete maybe you still have Avaya backup ? Thanks.
pete

Post by pete »

Have Verizon firmware with DECT support. It's been a few years ago that I looked at it.

Thinking too I have the Avaya firmware somewhere here.

There is a testing DECT subdirectory in both of these builds.

They are posted over here:

http://birdslikewires.co.uk/download/op ... /openpeak/
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

But there is no Avaya image only efi.
pete

Post by pete »

Yeah looked and cannot find an original image from an Avaya Openpeak 2.

All of my Openpeak 1's came with Verizon or Energy company OS's (which were OpenPeak). My Openpeak2's with DECT phones came with OpenPeak OS's. I do not believe I ever had an Avaya based Openpeak device.

The Verizon OS paired fine with my Verizon and Openpeak DECT phones. I also got the same DECT phones pairing with my Ooma VOIP box but not totally functional.
- Pete
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Maybe one of this OS's has configuration for SIP ?
pete

Post by pete »

Yes the Verizon OS / Openpeak were sold and being utilized for Verizon's VOIP services.

All of the telephony stuff is in there.

Write the image to a USB stick and have at it.

The Openpeak telephony kiosk SDK is here some place...

They only sold the Openpeak1 model for a short time. They then cut a deal to build a new one with Openpeak.

It was cheaper and a piece of crap. I purchased a couple of these.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

What means kiosk SDK ? As I know Verison is attached to their service is there any pure openpeak image ?
pete

Post by pete »

A while back somebody from some hotel chain mentioned that Avaya had sunsetted their Openpeak kiosks and asked about documentation for the device.

All of my Verizon Openpeak 1's (or maybe they are Openpeak 7's) came with Verizon DECT phones. The larger Openpeak 2's I got came with Openpeak firmware which is posted in the archives and were sold as video phones except that they didn't come with a camera. That said if you remove the top clip on the Openpeak2's there are micro USB pins for a camera attachment.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

This big Openpeak 2 has a DECT phone ? where can I find firmware for it ... Thanks.
.. for the SDK I never found a mention of it.
pete

Post by pete »

It's just OP2 Openpeak firmware. The boxes it came in were very generic black boxes with just Openpeak labeling and one Openpeak DECT phone.

The SDK and Link (which is gone now) was posted with someone from a pacific rim hotel asked about support for it.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I newer saw openpeak 2 firmware, I used only telio , cisco, swisscom no generic one they where all locked to service provider.
pete

Post by pete »

Personally I would copy verizon firmware to a USB stick.

Edit the the start up files so that it loads to a command line prompt; then write the image to your OP1 or OP2 or write the verizon image to the eMMC and boot with an Ubuntu stick and play away with the eMMC.

The OP1 and OP2 are almost identical as they both have a Zigbee chip and DECT chip. The OP2 has an RTC battery and uses a mini PCiE slot for the WLAN / Bluetooth card. Both have traces for a ZIF SSD , SIM chip (a socket) and the OP2 also has traces for a microSD card.

The Verizon OP1's I purchased mostly came booting up to the Verizon GUI and were not locked and a few of them (10 or so) came up to a command line prompt. There is a subdirectory of DECT tools in the directory to play with.
- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Thank you, will try today.
Both of my of1 are empty no dect and zigbee. That's why I was more looking on OP2 softwares... Strange that nobody is interested in using jogglers as home phones.
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

I couldn't find Verison firmware only first boot partition of1_mmcblk0p1_verizon.img it doesn't contain system. Do you have copy of it ?
pete

Post by pete »

That is odd about your OF1. Mine all have both DECT and Zigbee chips and a large metal heatsink which covers the entire motherboard with pads on it for two chips. The O2 Joggler was labeled as O2 and didn't have DECT and Zigbee chips. The OP2 has the soldered in boot EFI chip and is a bit more difficult to take apart. The sound is much better with the speakers in the front and the rear tablet pivot comes off and you can rig up something to hang it on wall. Well this is interesting.

It is named model # openframe. (hah...here always called them openpeak 1 and 2). FCC ID: Prototype. Intended for non-commercial use only. These came from an Aerospace company in Texas.

It is labeled as an Openpeak device on the rear tag and ingrained in plastic on the back. Here are pictures. It is these that are running embedded XP via ZIF SSD and have updated Realtek NIC ROMs (via software) and latest Buzz's Ubuntu.

Posted here and tested PBX server and clients using Logitech USB camera/microphones. Worked well.
openpeak.jpg
openpeak2.jpg
Here is a copy of OP-Telco-HUB Stuff that I found in my archives..well two of them (Verizon).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akj-Oin7_x0rgwSCXoaRHCsYzur4

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akj-Oin7_x0rliTcXQrWAoFm0K53
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

Thinking maybe these were prototype sent to Verizon to test. Long term it looks like Openpeak redesigned it for Verizon as I purchased the "official" Verizon / Openpeak product. I will not comment on the official Verizon product here.

Also have an Openpeak 2 device here that appears to be an O2 prototype. Outside it looks like a regular OP2. Inside it appears to have been modded / striped of the DECT / Zigbee chips and the board is marked O2. This one does have a socketed EFI chip like the O2's.

It booted fine but I quit playing with it and put it back together leaving it alone. The other OP's that I purchased came in a large Openpeak box with one OpenPeak DECT phone new and appeared never to have been used. These had an Openpeak EFI boot rom and an Openpeak OS similiar to the O2 except that the DECT phone worked but no connection. Think I have a couple of these untouched and will have a look see at them again. Also had a a few energy OP2's which had Electric Utilities logos. Then also have a Cisco OP2 which is also an energy kiosk. The energy ones used a zigbee thermostat connection.

Read here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2315&p=25353&hilit= ... res#p25353

- Pete

Auto mater
-=xXx=-

Post by -=xXx=- »

Installed verizon firmware but I think it's trying to connect to their server and can't pass sturtup wizard same for cisco firmware...
But I'm almost sure that verison doesn't have sip support usually they lock everything... maybe one of your devices has some dect SIP settings.
pete

Post by pete »

It will not connect to any server as there are none now and if it did it will not get locked.

Note too that the Verizon image on the Openpeak device was for testing and the OP1 was a prototype.

I have already played much with these over the last couple of years.

That said just boot the device with Buzz's Ubuntu and change the boot so that it just goes to a terminal window with no gui.
- Pete

Auto mater
pete

Post by pete »

With a little bit of tinkering you could maybe get the image to boot from a USB stick. Thinking though it's been written here that it will not boot.

That said here wrote the image and went exploring...as mentioned previously it will be easy to modify the boot to go to a command line prompt and nothing else.

You have been playing with xorg. Look in the init.d for it to boot the xwindows stuff.

Then have a look at the attached image directories. Look at the test directory for DECT stuff. I am guessing that the Cisco image has zigbee testing stuff on it.

The OP2 was the deluxe version of the Openpeak devices. Take yours apart and check out the motherboard.

verizon-1.jpg
verizon-2.jpg
verizon-3.jpg
verizon-4.jpg
verizon-5.jpg
- Pete

Auto mater