Disappearing appshop folder (Resolved)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
racarter

Disappearing appshop folder (Resolved)

Post by racarter »

EDIT: Just found the solution in the PnP III thread (delete appshop.xml) :)

I have three Jogglers running xAP which I use as GUIs for my home automation system. Recently I've found that if they suffer a power loss the xAP application, along with everything else in the /media/appshop folder, has vanished. Sometimes the appshop folder has gone too. Each time I have to reinstall xAP and xAPFlash from scratch. The apps run perfectly well, but if I SSH into the Jogglers after a while the folders have gone again - so if the xAP app is stopped it cannot be restarted.

Has anyone else come across this issue, or is there anyone who could suggest a cause? I've made no changes to the Joggler apps or config for months, but this has just started happening in the last few weeks. I'm running all Jogglers on Openpeak 30300 firmware.
roobarb!

Re: Disappearing appshop folder (Resolved)

Post by roobarb! »

I'll try to find some time to update the 30300 image and remove the appshop.xml file by default. The main changes between 30291 and 30300 were the removal (commenting out!) of some phone-home elements of the original OS, but not everything could go due to the app shop being live and in use by some people. Now that all of the OpenPeak infrastructure is gone, there's no need for any of it any more.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Thanks Roobarb , that would be great :-)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

I also think that would be great roobarb!.

There is now as default v7.9 which could replace v7.8

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... -9-is-out!

How's the bab?

Ronnie

also new squeezeplay from ralphy
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

This should be fixed with the new 30301 release I've posted, with any luck. Please let me know if it returns!

She's doing great thanks, @Man in a van - getting big now! :D
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

Great news Andy!!!

In the blink of an eye you will be walking your daughter down the wedding aisle ;)
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater