Joggler killer?

Non Joggler related discussion.
dwl99

Joggler killer?

Post by dwl99 »

I've retired my kitchen Joggler after many years of loyal service although I still have two running Squeezeplay OS and a spare one in the loft! It has been replaced with a Pipo X8 tablet which has 64GB of RAM and dual boots Windows 10 and Android 4.4 with a 7" screen. The screen resolution is much better than the Joggler's (1080p) and it's great finally having a fully working graphics driver with Android. I'm using it mostly with Android as the widgets for Nest, Tinycam Pro and Squeeze Ctrl are very handy. Windows 10 in tablet mode is surprisingly usable and let down only by a lack of apps. It has hdmi out and can therefore be connected to a TV and used with Kodi. The bluetooth works well with my Sony SRS-X55 speakers. I realise that others use their Jogglers mainly as Linux boxes but I now use a collection of Raspberry Pi's for things like media streaming.

The only downsides are no realistic prospect of any updates to Android and a lack of root access with Android. Some people have rooted other variants but these had a micro-USB OTG port and mine doesn't so I cannot adb into it.

I'll attach some piccies comparing it to the Joggler. I made an embarrassingly crude stand with sheet metal and Sugru to prop it up at the same angle as a Joggler as it otherwise sits quite flat.

Last edited by dwl99 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hawsey

Re: Joggler killer?

Post by hawsey »

Shame on you ;-)
it is almost a Joggler copy .

Looks good , I will get one at some point , I can't see the photographs on Tapatalk here ....

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Yes, I do feel quite guilty and disloyal!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Like the stand :-) you've turned it in to a Joggler.
I was tempted when I struggled with my Squeeze / Plex music server but I got there in the end .
I might still do it .

On your Pi Plex server will it serve video OK ? Has the format got to be right so it dosent transcode ?

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
Happy Joggling
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

No problems at all with transcoding
pete

Post by pete »

Very nice dwl99!

@hawsey...the quad core baytrail CPU in the Pipo is very fast.

Here mostly running W10 on the PiPoX7. I have it connected to a test 17" 16:9 multitouch screen and goofing a bit with Kinect / Alexa automation plugins.

Ordered a couple of the micro AMD pc's today...these will just be KodiBuntu boxes.

https://www.xi3.com/
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater