SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
marctwo

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by marctwo »

Congratulations roobarb!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Yeah Congratulations , great news :-)
Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Cheers, guys! Scary times. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

Congratulations roobarb!!!!
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

roobarb! wrote:
castalla wrote:Strange - if I type

apt-get update

then all I get is a list of non-reachable sources

I'm sure this used to work previously.
I think the sources have been taken offline. Very irritating. You'll need to replace the sources that were:

Code: Select all

http://ubuntu.datahop.net/ubuntu/
with:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
Then give it another update and you should be good. I'll be swapping back to the ubuntu.com sources if I ever get around to sorting another release.
I'm installing EDO on a Joggler and also want to put the high res file patch on. I can't do it now.

Would some kind soul explain what I have to do, as I don't understand the explanation given above.

Many Thanks

Ronnie.
karlek

Post by karlek »

Man in a van wrote: Would some kind soul explain what I have to do, as I don't understand the explanation given above.
First make a backup: copy /etc/apt/sources.list to /etc/apt/sources.list~

cd /etc/apt
cp sources.list sources.list~
Then replace every "http://ubuntu.datahop.net/ubuntu/" in /etc/apt/sources.list by "http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/" as i did in the attached file.

Maybe a reboot would be necessary, but I don't think so.

sudo init 6
Regards karlek
sources.list.zip
Altered sources.list
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Thanks karlek, hopefully I can do this tomorrow, thanks for the file ;)

Ronnie
gdeboos

Post by gdeboos »

Hi,

Is this the correct wirless card?:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Netgear-Dual- ... 3641.l6368

Want to switch my jogglers to 5ghz wireless.
Also are there any other wireless cards other than the Netgear WNDA3200 that will work with this?

Kind Regards
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

gdeboos wrote:Is this the correct wirless card?:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Netgear-Dual- ... 3641.l6368

Want to switch my jogglers to 5ghz wireless.
Also are there any other wireless cards other than the Netgear WNDA3200 that will work with this?
Certainly is! That should work fine.

Other wireless cards might work, but may not be 'plug and play' depending on the chip they use. There's plenty of wifi card support built in to SQPOS, but not all wifi cards play nice. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Commodore.White

Post by Commodore.White »

Just upgraded (reinitialised) my spare ebay joggler from 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 and was surprised to find that I was still receiving notifications that the device was registered to another user. I thought one of fixes in this release was to have its MAC address anonomised so as to avoid this issue. Then again, I probably got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

How do I get my Joggler re-registered on mysqueezebox.com?

Peter
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Commodore.White wrote:Just upgraded (reinitialised) my spare ebay joggler from 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 and was surprised to find that I was still receiving notifications that the device was registered to another user. I thought one of fixes in this release was to have its MAC address anonomised so as to avoid this issue. Then again, I probably got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Peter
Not at a Joggler at the mo'.

Try Home page>Settings>Register.

Will check later today, unless someone else comes in

ronnie
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Man in a van wrote:
Commodore.White wrote:Just upgraded (reinitialised) my spare ebay joggler from 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 and was surprised to find that I was still receiving notifications that the device was registered to another user. I thought one of fixes in this release was to have its MAC address anonomised so as to avoid this issue. Then again, I probably got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

Peter
Not at a Joggler at the mo'.

Try Home page>Settings>Register.

Will check later today, unless someone else comes in

ronnie

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... f=2&t=2274
Commodore.White

Post by Commodore.White »

Thanks guys re registering my Jogglers. Did the usual stuff so now the errant Joggler reports its registered to me, wahoo! Strange though that when I go to the mysqueezebox site it reports that none of my devices are connected nor can I edit or delete any of them ... sigh
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Commodore.White wrote:Thanks guys re registering my Jogglers. Did the usual stuff so now the errant Joggler reports its registered to me, wahoo! Strange though that when I go to the mysqueezebox site it reports that none of my devices are connected nor can I edit or delete any of them ... sigh

I have just had to re-register a Joggler and after a reboot , went to Favourites, MySqueezeboxFavourites and am now playing Radio Paradise through a BOOM, using the Joggler as controller.

You may have to connect "other Devices" independently to MySqbox.

Ronnie

Edit: Just went to Remote Control on the MySqueezebox site and the Joggler is showing (as Squeezeplay) in the drop down box.
jogglerhase

Post by jogglerhase »

Hi all;
happy new year to all - a bit late.

I have a question wrt Unix environment of the SqueezePlay OS:

I know that LMS uses sqlite - so it should somehow be installed in the system (at least, when I install LMS on the Joggler running SqueezePlay OS).
It is also confirmed there, as LMS Information states:

Logitech Media Server-Status
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1445779463 @ Tue Oct 27 04:05:34 UTC 2015
Datenbankversion: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
I want to use sqlite on that joggler for another tiny DB.
But my problem: I can not find sqlite.

-> Who can tell me where sqlite(3) is hiding within the SqueezePlay OS environment?
How can I access it?
themystical

Post by themystical »

Hi Guys. So I seem to be having no success in mounting a share with Roobarb's inbuilt applet. The share is an unprotected hard drive that is on usb1 on my BTHub5 which has an IP address of 192.1681.254
Roobarb's applet is in 2 parts.
The first part is the IP address and I presume that I enter it without any backslashes etc.
The second part is the full network path to the share. What is the format of this entry? I have tried usb1 but the share doesn't mount.
Should there be any backslashes or front slashes in this entry? Do I need to name the BTHub5 which is at the IP address already entered in the line above?
Any help appreciated.
castalla

Post by castalla »

First - check that you are using a valid ip address. The value you give in your post is incorrect.

It should read 192.168.1.254

You don't need the name.

You should be able to discover the path by using windows file explorer to navigate to the actual 'drive' - properties will show the values you need. For example, I have a drive on a TP-link router usb port - it's referred to as hd1
themystical

Post by themystical »

castalla wrote:First - check that you are using a valid ip address. The value you give in your post is incorrect.

It should read 192.168.1.254

You don't need the name.

You should be able to discover the path by using windows file explorer to navigate to the actual 'drive' - properties will show the values you need. For example, I have a drive on a TP-link router usb port - it's referred to as hd1
Thank you Castalla
The properties say the location is:
\\Bthub5\usb1
So I have tried the IP address which is (you are right!) 192.168.1.254 in the first box and usb1 in the second but it still will not mount (even following a reboot)
Do you know what line I would need to manually add to /etc/fstab to mount this using NFS?
Any other suggestions?
castalla

Post by castalla »

I can advise about cifs for the fstab.

You need to set up a mount directory using mkdir

Do you have root access?
themystical

Post by themystical »

offbeatdave wrote:So as mentioned above, here are my two completed small LMS install packages for use with SqueezePlayOS, particularly for installation to the internal memory where space is very limited.

There are two versions: v7.8.1 (reduced to 40MB download from 117Mb) and v7.9.0 (reduced to 45MB download from 128MB). Once installed internally, there is 154MB (17%) left after a v7.8.1 install or 136MB (15%) left after a v7.9.0 install (including the all the additional bits required to fix the iPlayer streams). Both versions install the complete LMS for SqueezePlayOS, but without the unnecessary versions taking up valuable space. It also installs the BBC iPlayer plugin (with the updated menu.opml file), the iPlayer Extra plugin, the excellent RadioFeeds UK & Ireland plugin (see separate thread) and the 3rd Party Spotify Plugin (subscription required as noted elsewhere). It'll also install the Play Real Audio, Play Windows Media and the PlayHLS plugins, the latter being the one needed for the current version iPlayer streams.

Obviously you'll need SqueezePlayOS installed first, either internally or externally.

Using Putty/ssh download and install LMS using either

wget http://tinyurl.com/tinylms7-8-1-deb
mv tinylms7-8-1-deb tinylms7.8.1.deb
sudo dpkg -i tinylms7.8.1.deb
rm tinylms7.8.1.deb
or

wget http://tinyurl.com/tinylms7-9-0-deb
mv tinylms7-9-0-deb tinylms7.9.0.deb
sudo dpkg -i tinylms7.9.0.deb
rm tinylms7.9.0.deb
All that you then need to do to get the iPlayer streams working again is the first part of roobarb's fix using

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libav-tools lame
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/avconv /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
sudo service logitechmediaserver restart
As usual, the Logitech Media Server web interface is available at http://<YOUR.JOGGLERS.IP>:9000 and you can connect SqueezePlay to is by selecting 'openframe' as the Media Library (unless you rename it via 'Settings' -> 'Basic Settings' -> 'Media library name').

Hope someone finds it useful (I do anyway!).
Brilliant work yet again Dave.
The second part (BBC iPlayer) failed for me.
I saw some errors on the apt-get update because of the archive. I have changed all the sources in SqPOS to the Ubuntu archive. Are there some sources in the bit that you have done pointing to the old repository? Where might I find the file with these references?