Beringer uca222

Everything relating to hacking, expanding and modifying the Joggler hardware.
jim_lewis1

Beringer uca222

Post by jim_lewis1 »

I just found what looks like an unused uca222 at a car boot sale. The guy wanted £3. I didn't even haggle. Unopened cds included!
Seems like a nice neat little unit. 48khz Max is obviously sufficient for CD rips at full quality.
Works out of the box with the joggler. Sorted.
I love 'obsolete' tech. I'm really scratching my head at what people will pay for Sonos etc.
roger l

Re: Beringer uca222

Post by roger l »

Hello Jim, I bought a Behringer FCA202 recently and am wondering what use to put it to. I already have a mini DAC usb'd from one Joggler to a Thomson DPL 2000 AV receiver which sounds very good. Do you know anything about the FCA unit and its capabilities? I agree with your sentiments about New Technology.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

well it is billed as being rather more than just an output converting usb > dac > analogue. It seems to be intended more for on the road musician types who want to be able to digitally capture sound (ie use the device in the reverse configuration to our use with the Joggler) Whether that offers any utility to you I don't know.
jim_lewis1

Post by jim_lewis1 »

probably more info than you could wish for here:
http://nwavguy.blogspot.no/2011/02/behr ... ch-results
roger l

Post by roger l »

Thanks Jim, I would presume that the F in FCA202 relates to the Firewire connection rather than the U for USB connection to the UCA202? It looks like they are the same apart from that. Thank you for the links. Please excuse my late reply.