RadioFeeds UK & Ireland (Internet Radio) for SqueezePlay OS

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
vinnielo

RadioFeeds UK & Ireland (Internet Radio) for SqueezePlay OS

Post by vinnielo »

Some of you SqueezePlay OS users may have already come across RadioFeeds UK & Ireland as an app in the mysqueezebox App Gallery.
This app is good (and I would say that!), but this app doesn't provude access to AAC+ streams.

We have also made a plugin for LMS that lists the AAC+ streams as well.

To install this RadioFeeds plugin onto your Joggler's Logitech Media Server, go to your LMS settings in your web browser (from your PC). (This will be http://YOURJOGGLERSIPADDRESS:9000/)
Click on settings, then on the plugins tab. Find RadioFeeds UK and Ireland in the "Other 3rd party plugins" section and check the box.
Click apply, dismiss the warning (click OK) and then restart LMS.

Free registration is also required. You can register at http://www.radiofeeds.co.uk/form.html with the following details: provide your full name in the first box, select "Logitech Squeezebox Registration" from the drop-down box and enter "O2 Joggler" in the comments box. You will then be sent your username, usually within 24 hours. If you don't get this, please check your spam box.

If you've already registered with us either for your Squeezebox or for your Joggler on P'n'P III, then you can continue to use the username you've already been supplied with and there is no need to re-register.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.
offbeatdave

Re: RadioFeeds UK & Ireland (Internet Radio) for SqueezePlay

Post by offbeatdave »

Cool. Will try to find a mo to give this a go (will have to trawl through e-mails for my username though!).

Edit: Found it! (May 2012)
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Great stuff! I'll be having a play with this. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
vinnielo

Post by vinnielo »

Great! It's not something I@ve tried myself yet (still looking for a USB stick larger than 2GB so I can install LMS as well!)
I'd be interested to know if the HLS streams play OK after installing all the necessary bits, namely avconv and PlayHLS and associated configs.
(You'll find the HLS streams under Browse UK by Name -> HLS streams)
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for PnP III - UK and Irish radio stations for your PnP III Joggler.
RadioFeeds UK & Ireland for SqueezePlay OS - UK and Irish radio stations for your SqueezePlay OS Joggler.