Updated OpenPeak Firmware (Version 30301)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
JimbobVFR400

Re: Updated OpenPeak Firmware (Version 30300)

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

frankl wrote:Help!! I can't get to the 'Boot Joggler' stage as I'm stuck with running Diskimager.
On a 4MB SD card Windows Explorer shows 61MB (6.7 used and 54.2 free) formatted. Disk management in Control Panel shows 4 partitions. 61MB FAT Healthy (Active), 244MB Healthy (Unknown), 674MB Healthy (Unknown) and 2.73GB Unallocated.
There are 5 files in the 6.7MB used section which doesn't leave enough room to copy in the 'of1_30300_openpeak.img.gz' and ' .....img.gz.md5' files. There is no 'reflash directory'.
Obviously I'm doing something wrong! I'm new to Linux and Jogglers but have a fair experience on computers from ZX81 onwards.
PC is running XP SP3. Have tried different SD cards and writers. I am (trying to) follow 'Birdslikewires' article.
Any help greatly appreciated.
After writing the device have you then ejected the device and then removed and reinserted it. Long time since I've used the refreshing tool but from memory the partition where the reflash directory is doesn't show in windows until you do this.
frankl

Post by frankl »

Yes I've done that. Windows thinks the SD card is not formatted until you do that but it only shows the first partition and I assume the other partitions are Linux and therefore not visible to Windows.
How can I get to the other parts. I assume that lots of the knowledgeable people on the forum have Linux machines?
Frankl
frankl

Post by frankl »

Don't Panic!!!
I've sorted it - RTFM
Read it PROPERLY!!!!
I was trying to do the DiskImager with the WRONG image file!!
Hey ho!
Frank
joggly

Post by joggly »

stuck at O2 black screen for last 10 mins now :cry: . Tried twice, decompress and install fine and goes to end. Unplugged USB, power off and restarted. Only O2 screen???? How long I should wait??

Edit@15:08

Flashing Original OpenPeak FW.
Quick Question: On reflash instructions (1)Download the latest Reflash Script and copy it to the reflash directory on rfl-boot. I didn't on 30300 as some page back there was screenshot of what should be on USB. Do I need this file?

Edit@15:20
Booted fine on Original OpenPeak FW. Now trying with reflash script.

Edit@15:40
nah above method just installed the original O2 FW :cry:

Edit@16:25
SUCCESS!! Redownloaded the files and gave it a go. Came back after shower to home screen :D :D . Now to PnP III thread.
pete

Post by pete »

Great news there joggly!

Personally I walk away from the O2 Joggler when updating it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
protto

Post by protto »

happened to me as well, downloaded the files again and it is running smoothly now...

Post by Roderz »

Do these files still work?
Has anyone used them lately?

Having no joy here at all, just won't see the image files,
Reflash's the old o2 fw fine but the "of1_30300_openpeak.img.gz" and md5 are just not being seen

Tried 3 different sticks now and no success,
re-downloaded the files about 5 times - no joy :-(

even tried to hacking the reflash script (changed IMG and IMGSUM etc) but then just get a login!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Roderz are you using windows?
Happy Joggling
Roderz

Post by Roderz »

yeah on xp,
checked file name's extensions etc.
Roderz

Post by Roderz »

Doh !!!
blond moment (a very long one!), Flashing now !!
I'd left the "Reflashing Script" file in the reflash dir - as I'd wrongly assumed it was needed
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Glad you got sorted :-) file name extensions got me once lol
Happy Joggling
PistonBored

Post by PistonBored »

Hi, my trusty joggler has stopped working and I cannot get it to boot from USB. When I switch it on it stops at the O2 screen. I first tried reflashing with an old USB I found in a draw and used successfully a few years back, it worked then but nothing now. So I moved on and downloaded the reflash image reflash111_of.img wrote it to a new USB, then downloaded of1_30300_openpeak.img.gz and the md5 (being careful with the file extensions) copied the files to reflash directory on the USB, still no luck it just don’t seem to be able to recognise a USB boot. I plugged in a USB hub and keyboard and tried hitting ESC as switched it on, still nothing. I repeated with another couple of different USB keys, failed with them all.
Is there anything more I can try, what can I do to make my Joggler boot from USB? Or after many years of faithful service is it time to finally move on :(
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

In a word, no. :-) will your Joggler not boot say one of BuZz's Xubuntu or Mint builds off a stick?

When you tried hitting escape what do you mean by "Still nothing "
If you follow the instructions on Roobarbs Birdslikewires website to blind type using a keyboard and hub, you will not seen anything on screen, you just follow the instructions and type blindly 8-)
Don't worry all is probably not lost just keep plugging away, you will get there.
When I last tried the blind typing method I had to use a full size keyboard as my tablet case one would not play ball...
Good Luck
Happy Joggling
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

As hawsey said, you need to hit escape, then type the commands blindly - nothing will appear on screen. Only after you hit enter might something happen. It's the first troubleshooting step on the Reflash System page.

To be honest, the Joggler sounds like it's in reasonable condition hardware-wise. So long as the firmware fires up and you see a logo of some description on the screen, it's pretty likely it can be brought back to working condition.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Commodore.White

Post by Commodore.White »

Hi y'all. Took my joggler with v3 installed on an hdd to test (show off) on his hifi. Was disappointed to find i couldn't use it without registering it on his local network. Is this normal or have I missed a trick? We wanted to use it at a village hall as a source of background Christmas music for a forthcoming event this weekend. Regards
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Commodore.White wrote:Hi y'all. Took my joggler with v3 installed on an hdd to test (show off) on his hifi. Was disappointed to find i couldn't use it without registering it on his local network. Is this normal or have I missed a trick? We wanted to use it at a village hall as a source of background Christmas music for a forthcoming event this weekend. Regards
Version 3 of what? You've posted in a thread about the original operating system - is this what you are having difficulties with?

If so, then yes, you would need to connect to a local network unless you have stored the individual files on the internal memory. But from your mentioning an external drive, I'm not so sure this is the operating system you mean...
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Commodore.White

Post by Commodore.White »

Well spotted - posted in the wrong thread - meant to be squeezeplay os. So sorry. Will try again tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

Hi all

could someone build a version for openframe2 devices?
This one doesn't run correctly. Hanging apps and no sound.

regards shadow1901
sanjap

Post by sanjap »

Ok, how do i go back to my original stock firmware on my openframe 2.0? This one made my telephony handset to quit working. Also no sound. Please help. I noticed all telephony apps are disabled.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Roobarb has copies of all original firmwares at http://birdslikewires.co.uk/download/op ... /openpeak/
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!