SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
Davemurrey

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & sqpOS)

Post by Davemurrey »

Thank you verry much for your offer all seems to be working fine at moment.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Version 1.58
CHANGELOG

Changes to the auto-mapping of mount points. Basically, removed SMB and tidied up NFS, as SMB implementations are too variable between platforms to make it reliable. NFS stuff will now work fine on SQPOS and requires nfs-common to be installed on normal Ubuntu releases.

Settings > Advanced > Additional Features > Network Mount Point

As usual, just use Settings > Update to get the new version.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

Afternoon One and All,

New to the Joggler and to SqueezePlay OS.

So having received my new Joggler I straight away trashed it and installed SqueezePlay OS - all went perfectly, though it will not connect to my LMS.

I have never used MySqueezeBox, only LMS running on a QNAP NAS... My SB3 and Transporter connect and stream perfectly from it.

Have manually added the server IP as a remote library and tried wireless and wired networks with the same error ie cannot connect. I am assuming I don't need to add a :port to the IP ie x.x.x.x:9001

I am sure I just doing something daft...

Any tips, direction would be most appreciated :)

-Steve
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Steve_B wrote:Have manually added the server IP as a remote library and tried wireless and wired networks with the same error ie cannot connect. I am assuming I don't need to add a :port to the IP ie x.x.x.x:9001
Is your Joggler definitely being given an IP address? Check in Settings > Network - otherwise discovery of the LMS should be automatic...
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

Thanks Roobarb,

Yes, just double checked and for either wired or wireless... currently on wired and under networking shows "Ethernet active current IP: 10.x.108.22", The NAS is on the same network 10.x.230.10.

Have removed and re-added as a remote library but same Cannot Connect error...

Cheers
-Steve
castalla

Post by castalla »

In basic settings in lms, have you given your library a name (eg. NASmusic). Under My Music there's a Switch library option which should show NASmusic.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Steve_B wrote:Yes, just double checked and for either wired or wireless... currently on wired and under networking shows "Ethernet active current IP: 10.x.108.22", The NAS is on the same network 10.x.230.10.
Ah, check your subnet masks, perhaps? You'll need to have everything using 255.255.0.0 to have things working with those addresses.
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

Thanks again,

The address is via DHCP, the masks will be the same, both the Transporter and SB3 can connect via wired or wireless to the same LMS... v.odd - maybe I will factory reset it and try again.

-Steve
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Steve_B wrote:The address is via DHCP, the masks will be the same, both the Transporter and SB3 can connect via wired or wireless to the same LMS... v.odd - maybe I will factory reset it and try again.
Are the Transporter and SB3 both getting 10.x.108.x addresses like the Joggler, or 10.x.230.10? I'm assuming you've tried pinging the LMS system from the Joggler?
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

Hi,

Both other devices get 10.231.108.x addresses while on Wireless and 10.230.108.x addresses on Wired. They are on separate networks due to the DHCP being from a Netscreen firewall oh and the fact I work in Information Security :? . The LMS is on 10.230.108.10.

I haven't tried pinging the LMS as yet, though I enter the address in remote library and when it connects it knows it is called NAS01... so guess some kind of resolution is working.

Thanks again
-Steve
Steve_B

Post by Steve_B »

All working now :D "Reset" the network settings, plugged in RJ45, rebooted and see's LMS straight away... then switched to wireless and running like a dream.

Shall try v3 next :mrgreen:

Many thanks for a superb OS....

-Steve
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Glad you got it working! :)
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Version 1.59
CHANGELOG

Just some tweaks that have come to light while prepping for SQPOS v3.01. Most importantly, UUIDs and stored MAC addresses now get reset when defaulting your network settings.

Oh, and thanks to palindrom on these here forums, our OpenFrame devices should now identify themselves properly to Logitech Media Server. If you're using SQPOS then they will be either 'OpenFrame1' or 'OpenFrame2', or for any other system, just plain 'OpenFrame'.
fraserm

Post by fraserm »

Hey -

I saw some chatter in the thread earlier about other peoples players showing up in the player list, didn't think it would effect me since I don't connect to the squeezebox servers, but in fact it has ... I have someone elses Kitchen player listed, a player called Gymage (wish I had a gym), and could connect to someones player in Germany. All pretty surprising really considering I didn't think I was connecting to any external services!

Is there a workaround to sort this out, or a fix in the works still? I`m on 1.59 already.

Thanks!
Fraser
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

fraserm wrote:I saw some chatter in the thread earlier about other peoples players showing up in the player list, didn't think it would effect me since I don't connect to the squeezebox servers, but in fact it has ... I have someone elses Kitchen player listed, a player called Gymage (wish I had a gym), and could connect to someones player in Germany. All pretty surprising really considering I didn't think I was connecting to any external services!
Interesting - where did you see the player listed? On LMS?

If you've got your LMS connected to your mysqueezebox.com account, then that's the only way I could see this happening.

SQPOS v3.01 no longer uses randomly generated MAC addresses, which should help - but other systems do use them, so you may still see this happening until some other changes are made at the mysqueezebox.com end. Or, more likely, mysqueezebox.com gets shut down. ;)
roobarb!

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

Post by roobarb! »

Version 1.60
CHANGELOG

Version 1.59 added an applet called JogglerUpdateModel that set the Player Type properly. However, the world was not ready and some external services balked at being presented with a device they didn't recognise. Version 1.60 removes JogglerUpdateModel and Player Type reporting reverts automatically back to 'squeezeplay' instead of 'openframe1' or 'openframe2'.

If you liked having the Player Type set, you can grab the applet from here, decompress it and install it in squeezeplay/share/jive/applets.

If none of that made sense, don't worry about it. :)

As usual, just use Settings > Update to get the new version.
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

Hello. Is it possible to play .ape file on squeezeplay? If yes ,how? Thanks
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

cszhy wrote:Hello. Is it possible to play .ape file on squeezeplay? If yes ,how? Thanks
I don't think so. It's a pretty Windowsy format, IIRC.
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

roobarb! wrote:
cszhy wrote:Hello. Is it possible to play .ape file on squeezeplay? If yes ,how? Thanks
It should play them but it does it by transcoding in LMS.

My LMS runs on a Joggler itself so is easily capable, if you use LMS on some low powered NAS drives it either night not have the grunt or required software to do the transcoding.

I'd actually be tempted to do a one off conversion to FLAC. Ape is lossless so unless you have specific reasons for Ape files you don't lose anything by converting them.
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

JimbobVFR400 wrote:
roobarb! wrote:
It should play them but it does it by transcoding in LMS.

My LMS runs on a Joggler itself so is easily capable, if you use LMS on some low powered NAS drives it either night not have the grunt or required software to do the transcoding.

I'd actually be tempted to do a one off conversion to FLAC. Ape is lossless so unless you have specific reasons for Ape files you don't lose anything by converting them.
Yes,my joggler also have LMS installed,
I just felt that the convert cost too much time.
I have a lot of ape, so it's better to play it directly through LMS , how can I do it? Thanks