SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
roobarb!

Re: SqueezePlay OS (Version 3) for OpenFrame

Post by roobarb! »

kazan wrote:I've just installed new ver of SqueezePlay OS (ext ver.) on o2 joggler but I'm having some problems to run it. At the first start I can chose language, wired connection but it doesn't connect to mysqueezebox.com. It says "We couldn't connect to ..."
My internet is fine. I can see joggler on network but no idea why it doesn't connect to mysqueezebox.com. Any ideas?
Yup, mysqueezebox.com is finicky and the system in SqueezePlay to connect to it appears to be just as bad. If anything, I'll remove the option to add it in the future, but I'll not be spending much time on it.
kazan wrote:Edit1: after playing with menu and going back and forwards it finally allowed me to go to main menu and register to my account on mysqueezebox.com but when I check what players I've on mysqueezebox.com it shows me "SqueezePlay" but doesn't display icon:
If I click on "open img in new tab" it shows me:

Code: Select all

"Error reading file docroot/static/images/players/OpenFrame1.png: read_file '/opt/sn/docroot/static/images/players/OpenFrame1.png' - sysopen: No such file or directory at /opt/sn/script/../lib/SDI/SqueezeNetwork/Controller/Public/ImageProxy.pm line 104"
Also, "Type:" for this joggler on mysqueezebox.com shows as "Squeezebox Controller", where my other joggler with buzz distro is shown as "Squeezeplay, Squeezebox Controller". Does it make any difference?
That is not a big problem, just would like to know what is going on with this :?: ;)
Yes, it's because our version of SqueezePlay is trying to be a good citizen and is identifying itself properly. However, because related services don't really know what to do with the information, I'm beginning to reconsider this. It's the second service that has reported problems.

If you wish to remove this yourself:

rm -rf /opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/JogglerUpdateModel
Then:

rm -rf ~/.squeezeplay
Then reboot. Your settings will go back to defaults, but it will just report itself as SqueezePlay again.
kazan wrote:Edit2: I think there is a problem with this new image. If I will remove USB WiFi from my joggler (I want to have USB memory inside) then wired connection doesn't work even if I will setup static IP address in /etc/network/interfaces. It just shows "no network address has been assigned to the eth0" where I have actually set static IP. Any ideas?
It's likely because you've pulled the network card from which the system generates it's MAC address. If you remove the wireless card, reset the network settings from Settings > Network. Reboot and let the Joggler pick up a DHCP address, then SSH in and set your static address on the command line.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Commodore.White

Post by Commodore.White »

Hi y'all. Took my joggler with v3 installed on an hdd to test (show off) to a mate on his hifi. Was disappointed to find i couldn't use it without registering it on his local network. Is this normal or have I missed a trick? We wanted to use it at a village hall as a source of background Christmas music for an event last weekend. Regards

Ps. My mate was impressed so now I have to source another joggler - sigh

Posted previously in the wrong thread
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Commodore.White wrote:Hi y'all. Took my joggler with v3 installed on an hdd to test (show off) to a mate on his hifi. Was disappointed to find i couldn't use it without registering it on his local network. Is this normal or have I missed a trick? We wanted to use it at a village hall as a source of background Christmas music for an event last weekend.
I've never used a Joggler off-network for this, though I think other people have. So long as you have LMS installed, it should be possible to get this to work. If I get chance I'll take a look into it, but if anyone else has used their system with a localhost connection to LMS, now would be a great time to comment!
Commodore.White wrote:Ps. My mate was impressed so now I have to source another joggler - sigh
That's a good thing! More converts! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
palindrom

Post by palindrom »

Hi roobarb!

THX for providing update 1.60.
This will stop people from complaining about OpenFram1/2 DeviceType/DeviceName.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

palindrom wrote:THX for providing update 1.60.
This will stop people from complaining about OpenFram1/2 DeviceType/DeviceName.
Yeah, unfortunately killing off the Player Type reporting needed to be done. It would have been nice for services not to be controlling access in that manner, but if that's how it has to be... 8-)
palindrom

Post by palindrom »

kazan wrote: If I click on "open img in new tab" it shows me:

"Error reading file docroot/static/images/players/OpenFrame1.png: read_file '/opt/sn/docroot/static/images/players/OpenFrame1.png' - sysopen: No such file or directory at /opt/sn/script/../lib/SDI/SqueezeNetwork/Controller/Public/ImageProxy.pm line 104"
The "broken link" problem was fixed by Logitech. You should see now the softsqueeze image.
paulbass

Post by paulbass »

So today has posed a few problems...........

A power cut last night seems to have corrupted my internal installation of SPos. So I decided to flash the latest version (3.01) . all went well apart from I no longer seem to have LMS installed on the joggler. I also have no option in additional features to manually install LMS.

The joggler will connect to an external LMS (running on my Zylex nsa310 Nas) fine, but I need a instance of LMS on the joggler to run the triode iplayer plugins ( the zylex will not transcode the streams)

I am presuming this is a memory issue, although my last setup (version 2.9? I think) fitted onto the internal memory with LMS ok.

Looking in storage usage I have size-935M ; used-578M ; available-310M ; % used-66%

So.... surely this is not a universal problem and if not how can I resolve this?

does the re flashing tool reset all partitions?

Any help appreciated, could do with this working for the holidays

Paul
Man in a van

Post by Man in a van »

Paul,

roobarb!
has always discouraged using the internal memory for Squeezeplay, so why not re-install the old v2.6 or use an external USB stick for the latest new version.

http://birdslikewires.co.uk/download/op ... zeplay/os/

atb

Ronnie
paulbass

Post by paulbass »

Thanks for the reply Ronnie, unfortunately my current setup makes use of the internal wifi card and also connects via usb to a topping TP30 amp, to utilise the amps internal dac. I do not have a usb hub to hand, and the system looks a lot neater without one.

SPos has obviously been developed to be installed to both internally and externally, i just wondered why my install was not working as intended and what options had to try and resolve the situation.

I may revert to version 2 as a stop gap and also use a memory card on the internal slot once my ethernet cable is installed and wifi is no longer needed

Paul
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

Hi I've flashed 2 untouched Openframe2 devices.
The problem is, that I see only the bootlogo after reboot and nothing happens.
Somebody know any solution.

the flashing process was succesfull.

Thanks for helps.

Shadow1901
palindrom

Post by palindrom »

shadow1901 wrote:Hi I've flashed 2 untouched Openframe2 devices.
The problem is, that I see only the bootlogo after reboot and nothing happens.
Somebody know any solution.

the flashing process was succesfull.

Thanks for helps.

Shadow1901
Just check if you are using the right - internal - image.
sqpos301_of2.img.gz

Is it relay a OF2 HW with a front facing speakers?
See: Which version should I download?
http://birdslikewires.co.uk/articles/squeezeplay-os
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

Hi palindrom

Yes I use the version 2.
If I flash the openframe os, so it works.
But if I use the sqpos301_of2.img.gz, the joggler is still hanging with bootlogo from Swisscom.

Regards
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

shadow1901 wrote:If I flash the openframe os, so it works.
But if I use the sqpos301_of2.img.gz, the joggler is still hanging with bootlogo from Swisscom.
Odd. I'll check the images tomorrow, just in case. I've got a couple of minor tweaks to pop in too, if I can remember what they were!
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

If I start the first time, so i received the Setup menue from SwisscomOpenframe.
In first situation, I interupt this sequenze after get a ip adress. In this Joggler the flashing and after reboot works.

In the second Joggler, I interupt the sequenze after Change the language.
In this joggler after flashing nothing happens. Only the bootlogo from Swisscom is showing.

hmmm strange...
If I flash the orginal openframe Software, it works after rebooting.
So I thinks it's a Problem with booting or the joggler hasn't received a IP adress once.

Regards Shadow1901
markiii

Post by markiii »

Chaps

I have a couple of Jogglers running Squeezeplay. since I have so much screen real estate I'd like to have the Album covers large when browsing the library.

Is there a way to tweek this, can't find anything with the search?

thanks

Mark
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

markiii wrote:I have a couple of Jogglers running Squeezeplay. since I have so much screen real estate I'd like to have the Album covers large when browsing the library.

You'd need to go digging into the skin design code to alter that sort of thing - good luck!
markiii

Post by markiii »

shame, are you taking feature requests for the next version :-)?
marctwo

Post by marctwo »

I have been having problems trying to get my jogglers onto my wireless network. I just read that you need to have the SSID broadcast for it to work and mine is hidden. Once it is connected, would I be able to hide it again or will it always need to be broadcast?
palindrom

Post by palindrom »

roobarb! wrote:
markiii wrote:I have a couple of Jogglers running Squeezeplay. since I have so much screen real estate I'd like to have the Album covers large when browsing the library.

You'd need to go digging into the skin design code to alter that sort of thing - good luck!

@markiii : Did you ever conciser using Erland Isakssons Album Flow Applet?
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Album_Flow_applet
markiii

Post by markiii »

I have tried unfortunately on all my jogglers it just hangs