Reflashing Tool for the O2 Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
atinwi

Re: Reflashing Tool for the O2 Joggler

Post by atinwi »

I know I'm irritatingly thick but...

How do I do this?:

If you wish to write an alternative image file, such as SqueezePlay OS:
2. Simply copy both the .img.gz and .img.gz.md5 files to the reflash directory on rfl-boot.

thanks for any reply
pete

Post by pete »

Yes.

You can do this in Wintel if you want; its just a copy and paste of the image files into the reflash directory.

he Joggler will shut down when it is complete.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
buffalosoul

Post by buffalosoul »

ignore / all fixed
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

Hopefully I interpret the instructions on Roobarb's website correctly.I want to install the whole Squeeze O/S onto my Joggler,but first I have to make the reflash USB stick.It says to download the reflash script into the reflash directory,but I get it as a page of text.Do I just copy and paste this to a text document and put it into the reflash directory,or is there more to it than this? Also it says I need this.......

http://o2.openpeak.co.uk/firmware/app-o ... eimage.tgz

.....but the link seems to be dead.Can I get this from anywhere else?

Apologies if these questions have been asked before,I did take a quick read through some of the previous posts and couldn't see them anywhere.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Imagewerx wrote:Hopefully I interpret the instructions on Roobarb's website correctly.I want to install the whole Squeeze O/S onto my Joggler,but first I have to make the reflash USB stick.It says to download the reflash script into the reflash directory,but I get it as a page of text.Do I just copy and paste this to a text document and put it into the reflash directory,or is there more to it than this? Also it says I need this.......

http://o2.openpeak.co.uk/firmware/app-o ... eimage.tgz

.....but the link seems to be dead.Can I get this from anywhere else?

Apologies if these questions have been asked before,I did take a quick read through some of the previous posts and couldn't see them anywhere.
If you've successfully made the reflash stick, you should see a volume with a directory in it called reflash.

If you want to put SQPOS onto your Joggler's internal memory, you just need the SqueezePlay image file and it's .md5 checksum file. Make sure you download the correct ones (SqueezePlay OS v2.06 for OpenFrame 1 Internal Memory if it's a Joggler). Pop them both into the reflash directory on the stick, eject the stick, pop stick in the side of Joggler, power on Joggler, watch.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

Ok thanks for the prompt answer. So this will totally erase the original o/s and leave me with Squeezeplayer complete with Logitech media server? Also do the files I put inside the reflash folder have tobe zipped or unzipped?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Imagewerx wrote:Ok thanks for the prompt answer. So this will totally erase the original o/s and leave me with Squeezeplayer complete with Logitech media server? Also do the files I put inside the reflash folder have tobe zipped or unzipped?
Just exactly as they are from the website - one will be .tgz, the other .md5. Internet Explorer sometimes tries to auto-decompress, which is naughty.

It will indeed erase the original OS. If you want to run Logitech Media Server, I really don't recommend installing it on internal memory. There's just not enough space.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

Is LMS not included in that lot then,do I have to download and install it separately?
castalla

Post by castalla »

LMS is not included. You have to install it separately.

If you use a usb install, then I'd recommend doing the Spqos install first. Ideally, you should then expand the usb to use the full usb size for any subsequent LMS install.
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

castalla wrote:LMS is not included. You have to install it separately.

If you use a usb install, then I'd recommend doing the Spqos install first. Ideally, you should then expand the usb to use the full usb size for any subsequent LMS install.
Ok thanks,got that.

Now this bit.Made the reflash tool and I have the following on it,is this correct?

In the reflash directory,I have this lot...

It goes to start the install and says 'Stalling for network (up to 60 seconds)',then says 'unable to connect to 02 firmware server at openpeak'. It shows a few other messages about needing a wired connection etc,then switches itself off.

I'm guessing it just can't find the stuff I've put into the reflash folder? I've read some of the posts from the start of this thread,in particular the ones about making sure my browser doesn't rename the file extension.I've got 'sqpos206_of1 .img.tgz' and 'sqpos206_of1.img.gz.md5' once I've set it to show full file extensions.
jimeney

Post by jimeney »

Remove jogglerflash.sh as this is only required to download the Openpeak firmware. Looks like you've decompressed the sqpos206_of1.img, you don't need to do this, so put the .img.gz file back instead.

In the reflash directory there should be the following
sqpos206_of1.img.gz
sqpos206_of1.img.gz.md5

That's all there is to it hopefully
castalla

Post by castalla »

I still wonder why you are persisting wih the internal install. The usb sqpos is much easier and will work fine for an LMS install.
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

jimeney wrote:Remove jogglerflash.sh as this is only required to download the Openpeak firmware. Looks like you've decompressed the sqpos206_of1.img, you don't need to do this, so put the .img.gz file back instead.

In the reflash directory there should be the following
sqpos206_of1.img.gz
sqpos206_of1.img.gz.md5

That's all there is to it hopefully
Thanks for the answer.It wasn't decompressed,it was just set not to show the file extension.The reason it couldn't find it was that I'd inadvertently put a space into the file name,took it out and it worked just fine.
Imagewerx

Post by Imagewerx »

castalla wrote:I still wonder why you are persisting wih the internal install. The usb sqpos is much easier and will work fine for an LMS install.
I'll need a USB hub for this won't I?

Also I can't find specific installation instructions.Do I just use the one directly From Logitech? If so do I have to use the reflash tool or some other way?
castalla

Post by castalla »

A hub is not essential.

The usb SQPos exists on a usb stick - plugged into the Joggler. You simply write the image to a usb memory stick (http://birdslikewires.co.uk/download/jo ... ext.img.gz). The Joggler will boot from the usb stick into SQPos - do the setup.

To install LMS - there's an option in SQP to install LMS - Settings > Advanced > Additional Features > Logitech Media Server.

An alternative way to install LMS: login to the Joggler as root using PuTTY. Download the LMS file and install. You need to understand some basic linux commands to do this.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Just to let folk know that I am working on an updated version of the Reflashing Tool. Now that OpenPeak have stopped hosting the old image file, things need refreshing and the help text could be a made a little more descriptive.

I shall let you all know when it's done!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

It is done!

Shiny new version - with the ability to do EFI flashing as well (though I've not written the instructions for that yet).

The new thread for the new version is here.