new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
alindl

Re: new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

Post by alindl »

alindl wrote:
rivergo1d wrote:Can confirm that the original image also has no sound from the output jack
Im not sure whats different, but mine works fine out of the output jack.
Ive just had a quick play and it doesnt auto-switch to the output jack but if its connected when booted up it works fine for me.
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

alindl wrote:
alindl wrote:
rivergo1d wrote:Can confirm that the original image also has no sound from the output jack
Im not sure whats different, but mine works fine out of the output jack.
Ive just had a quick play and it doesnt auto-switch to the output jack but if its connected when booted up it works fine for me.
OK - that's a discovery - mine works too from bootup.
Would be nice if it did autoswitch tho.
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Nice investigative work alindl, that makes this release "good enough" for me for the foreseeable future. Video would be great but jukebox capability with decent speakers is fab for the time being
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Anyone find that it doesn't remember settings between reboots? Like wireless network configurations etc
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

rivergo1d wrote:Anyone find that it doesn't remember settings between reboots? Like wireless network configurations etc
No problem rebooting.
Only thing I have to do is re-synchronise the clock.
nigelh

Post by nigelh »

mikeywilliams wrote:
No problem rebooting.

I had clock sync issues with previous versions, but this version syncs every boot up using wifi.

I have set clocksync to sync at startup as soon as it finds a connection.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

nigelh wrote:
mikeywilliams wrote:
No problem rebooting.

I had clock sync issues with previous versions, but this version syncs every boot up using wifi.

I have set clocksync to sync at startup as soon as it finds a connection.
I posted this a few days ago & it fixes the clock sync, wifi & Market problem without having to sync manually after every reboot:

"The problem (on my Joggler at any rate) was the system time. To fix it, make sure the auto setting for time & date is unticked under Settings. Next open Clock Sync & perform a sync. Then set it to auto-sync every 15 minutes. Market & Gmail now connect every time!"
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

dwl99 wrote:Has anyone found a radio streaming app that works? The only one I've found is an old version of Resco Radio (latest version does not work on the Joggler) but the list of stations is quite limited. Tune In (RadioTime) also doesn't work.

Also, has anyone managed to get beebplayer to work? Mine has yet to successfully stream anything :-(
New app Tunewiki working great it uses Shoutcast , no probs so far , i created an account rather than use facebook ,also i use wifi not ethernet
Enjoy
Happy Joggling
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

hawsey wrote:
dwl99 wrote:Has anyone found a radio streaming app that works? The only one I've found is an old version of Resco Radio (latest version does not work on the Joggler) but the list of stations is quite limited. Tune In (RadioTime) also doesn't work.

Also, has anyone managed to get beebplayer to work? Mine has yet to successfully stream anything :-(
New app Tunewiki working great it uses Shoutcast , no probs so far , i created an account rather than use facebook ,also i use wifi not ethernet
Enjoy
Tunewiki does indeed stream radio - but mostly music.
Unfortunately I couldnt find the BBC stations, in particular Radio 3, 4 and 5
Thanks for the tip tho.
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

Do we know if any vnc SERVERs work on this (to allow remote login from a PC to the joggler)?

eg androidscreencast, droid VNC server, or android-vnc-server?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

dwl99 wrote:I hadn't tried audio streaming, only video. Anyone got beebplayer to stream video?
All those stations work fine (bbc .radio 1,2,3,4,5,6) using the beeb app if thats what your after if you try audio not video .;-)
Happy Joggling
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

hawsey wrote:
dwl99 wrote:I hadn't tried audio streaming, only video. Anyone got beebplayer to stream video?
All those stations work fine (bbc .radio 1,2,3,4,5,6) using the beeb app if thats what your after if you try audio not video .;-)
Unfortunately beebplayer doesnt work for me (tried many versions) - it just hangs on buffering.
Must be something I am running that interferes with it.
Oh well, so it goes....

A differnt question - what is the best way of controlling the volume while something like music or podcast player is working.
Im looking for something that will sit in the notification area (similar to ubuntu) and one can click it and drag a volume slider.
There is an app called volume control, but that opens a window and the volume increments are rather large.
Of course I can feed the sound out (now we know how to do it) and control the volume there.

Apart from these little niggles what a wonderful joggler OS this is!
Thanks to all the wizards who have enabled and nurtured it.
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

I can't see tunewiki (and quite a few other apps mentioned here) on the android market, do I need to enable something? I've signed in OK in the market
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

It says "this item is not compatible with your device"
rivergo1d

Post by rivergo1d »

OK, ahve just scanned back to page 4 of this thread, think the solution will be there
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

mikeywilliams wrote:
A differnt question - what is the best way of controlling the volume while something like music or podcast player is working.
Im looking for something that will sit in the notification area (similar to ubuntu) and one can click it and drag a volume slider.
There is an app called volume control, but that opens a window and the volume increments are rather large.
Of course I can feed the sound out (now we know how to do it) and control the volume there.
Hi Mikey

Try AudioManager in the market. It has various volume profiles and allows you to put a shortcut in the status bar / notification area.

Here is the market link http://market.android.com/details?id=co ... udiowidget
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

jp_hero wrote:
mikeywilliams wrote:
Hi Mikey

Try AudioManager in the market. It has various volume profiles and allows you to put a shortcut in the status bar / notification area.

Here is the market link http://market.android.com/details?id=co ... udiowidget
Many thanks for that.
Looks like a useful app
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

Also look at http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/Status_ ... plications for apps people have specifically noted of use :-)
Angelo
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

check out this thread lots there, e.g. WebKey, let us know which works best

http://androidforums.com/android-applic ... phone.html
Angelo
nigelh

Post by nigelh »

Does anybody else get annoyed at having to unlock the screen when it has been inactive, as there is no real need for it.

I have tried an app called 'Nolock' which works well and unlocks the screen at boot up and never locks again. The screen will still dim.
The only problem is that this seems to stop clocksync syncing during boot up, so I had to revert back to the lock screen.

Has anybody else tried anything similar this setup with any luck?