Reflashing Tool for the O2 Joggler

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
gegs

Re: Reflashing Tool for the O2 Joggler

Post by gegs »

Excellent! I love it when a plan comes together.
AlphaT

Post by AlphaT »

Help please!!!

My joggler had become unresponsive, so I unplugged it and when it powered up, it stuck on the O2 screen. I tried reflashing but couldn't get it to recognize the usb stick even though I know it worked before. I eventually got that working using the keyboard method and ran the reflashing tool which seemed to work, however it is still just sitting on the O2 screen after rebooting.

Is there anything else I can try or is it dead?

Many thanks,
Andrew
pete

Post by pete »

You can initially "scrub" your USB stick and reimage it to start or use another USB stick and reimage that. USB sticks can be fussy.

Scrubbing it with a couple of reformat's using the HP tool in windows or GParted in Linux. You can even do a USB check with GParted before you wipe it and try to repair it if is not up to pare.

If you have a second Joggler you can try the EFI boot flash swap thing.

If it works (boots) then you can do the "hot swap" thing booting up with the good efi chip then swapping in the bad chip and rewriting the EFI boot flash to it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
gegs

Post by gegs »

AlphaT wrote:Help please!!!

My joggler had become unresponsive, so I unplugged it and when it powered up, it stuck on the O2 screen. I tried reflashing but couldn't get it to recognize the usb stick even though I know it worked before. I eventually got that working using the keyboard method and ran the reflashing tool which seemed to work, however it is still just sitting on the O2 screen after rebooting.

Is there anything else I can try or is it dead?

Many thanks,
Andrew
This happened to my kitchen Joggler so I swapped it with the one connected to my hi-fi and it now only runs Squeezeplay OS from a stick - and it does that job very well. I tried two or three reflashes followed by PnPIII installs but it didn't work. It's still fine and dandy for running SqpOS or any of the linux distros though.
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Have you tried Roobarbs reflashing tool and the Openpeak reflash tool?
I have had a Joggler that would not re flash first with one and then a few months later with the other tool for some unknown readon :smile:
Happy Joggling
gegs

Post by gegs »

hawsey wrote:Have you tried Roobarbs reflashing tool and the Openpeak reflash tool?
I have had a Joggler that would not re flash first with one and then a few months later with the other tool for some unknown readon :smile:
I'll give it a go but it might take a while. It's performing fine and as I want it with Squeezeplay OS.
Curiosity will, however, get the better of me at some time or another ;)
AlphaT

Post by AlphaT »

Pete - Thanks, I'll give the usb another try, but if not I'll see if I can convince my brother to lend me his working joggler.

gegs - Without plugging in the keyboard and telling it where to find the usb stick it won't even boot from a stick :(
gegs

Post by gegs »

AlphaT wrote:gegs - Without plugging in the keyboard and telling it where to find the usb stick it won't even boot from a stick :(
Mine was like that too but after I'd reflashed it, even though it wouldn't boot past the O2 logo, it regained the ability to boot from USB without intervention. I thought yours might be the same but sorry if it isn't :(
AlphaT

Post by AlphaT »

After several hours of trying different methods of flashing I've finally got one to stick and have been able to install PnP III. So far so good. Thanks for all the suggestions. What seemed to work was using the HP tool to format the usb stick.
FRAZ

Post by FRAZ »

Hi all!

For anyone interested I'm attempting this as a project, except using an android OS:
http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-pro ... x-5-a.html

The first step is having the Joggler run Android from it's internal memory to free up its external USB. So I'm reflash my joggler with android (specifically Jazzmod at the moment). When i go to put the .img (3.7 Gb) into the reflash folder after setting up a usb with the tool, I run out of space. It appears that it only partitions about 1.5 Gb regardless of the size of usb i use. Needless to say I can't fit the android OS in there.

If this is a Joggler internal space issue, how have people been reflashing with is tool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

FRAZ
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

FRAZ wrote:The first step is having the Joggler run Android from it's internal memory to free up its external USB. So I'm reflash my joggler with android (specifically Jazzmod at the moment). When i go to put the .img (3.7 Gb) into the reflash folder after setting up a usb with the tool, I run out of space. It appears that it only partitions about 1.5 Gb regardless of the size of usb i use. Needless to say I can't fit the android OS in there.
If the total uncompressed size of the Android operating system is more than 1GB, then it's not going to fit on the internal memory. IIRC, I made the boot partition big enough to take a reasonably sized, gzip-compressed image file. You're on to a non-starter if you're trying to fit more than 1GB on a 1GB chip! ;)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

FRAZ wrote:Hi all!

For anyone interested I'm attempting this as a project, except using an android OS:
http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-pro ... x-5-a.html

The first step is having the Joggler run Android from it's internal memory to free up its external USB.

FRAZ
Good luck with your project FRAZ, I would like to do something similar, I think this might warrant a fresh thread so I will make one to continue the discussion there :-D
See you on the other side
Happy Joggling
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

Hi all
I've flashed the orginal FW to Openframe 2 Joggler.
After it works. With telnet the Joggler is reachable and the prompt for login is showing.
But I can't find the logins and the passwords. I've tested root, letmein and joggler, nothings works.
Has somebody the right login for FW "app-o2flash-26635.8686-S3-f1-reimage.tgz" Version 8686.S3(boardrev:3) / Software: 26635.S3 ?

My goal is to install Squeezebox on joggler.

With the OpenPeak software "of1_30300_openpeak.img.gz", I've installed, but the start from squeezebox doesn't work. I got a freeze from equipment.

Regards shadow1901
jimeney

Post by jimeney »

I don't believe you get Telnet or SSH natively, but need to use PnP to enable this.
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

If I use Putty, then I can use telnet to IP.
So I'm on right Joggler.

But I have the Openframe 2 Version. The Joggler with the speakers in front.

Regards shadow1901
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Telnet or ssh was never enabled by default on the o2 Joggler firmware. It only became enabled by default with the debranded OpenPeak firmware. On the original o2 firmware, hacks were needed to enable it. This was done by running the scripts once from a booting USB.
BTW, does sound work when reflashed with the o2 firmware?
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

Hi

The Telnet is enablet. I got the prompt with "Atom Login".
With the O2 FW the Sound works.
But I can't Change somethings. I would like install the squeezeplayer, but I can't Login.
Maybe you can test it.

Regards shadow1901
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Have you tried ssh-ing in with
u/name: letmeinssh
p/word joggler1234
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

If you're using my revamp 30300 version, then the login is 'joggler' for the username and 'joggler' for the password.

If you're using an original 26635 version, you would need to use the USB SSH enabler from my site (see sig). The username and password would then be as above. Of course, if you're running this on an OpenFrame 2, all I can say is "best of luck!". I've not tested it, so you may bump into trouble. I'm pleased (but a tad surprised) that audio is working; the chipsets are different between the OpenFrame 1 (Joggler) and OpenFrame 2. But then, I've only seen a few OF2 devices. :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
shadow1901

Post by shadow1901 »

Hi roobarb!

I've tested your process to activate SSH, but the Joggler do nothing.
I think your version isn't do use with OpenFrame2.
With different USB stick I've tested. Nothing happens.
I can connect with telnet, but it doesn't work with ssh.
Maybe the telnet is activated. I use only the orginal login and password.

@offbeatdave: I've tested a lot of passwords, yours also.

I need more variants of passwords ;-)
Or somebody knows a OS for OpenFrame2 that I can change language, the radiostations and it have a DLNA player.

Regards shadow1901