old hand to joggler, newbie to this and openpeak!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
stevebrum74

old hand to joggler, newbie to this and openpeak!

Post by stevebrum74 »

Hi
Ive had three jogglers since they came out and loved them, but once they got the openpeak software, they ended up living in the loft. Ive stumbled across this forum as in search of what i can do with them now.
Ive seen that people have made bbciplayer and other stuff work on them. I dont like this openpeak software they are running, as ive only got two useful apps on it, (the weather and facebook) the rest are all simple games.
Is there an IMG file that i can simply install that would give me, BBCi player, ITV player (maybe) online radio stations, facebook, weather, a clock in screensaver mode) alarm functions, I did get the xmsbc (sp?) img to semi work on mine, but wouldnt connect to wifi and when it did, it just stopped. (the joggler wasnt flashed with these img they ran from usb stick)
Im not super computer savvy, so i dont know how to telnet, but i know how to write an img file using the windows program thing. Beyond that im totally lost. Ive seen people running android on their jogglers, but ive had an android phone and hated it. Any one knowledge bound please help. I dont want to stick these back in the loft.

Thanks
hawsey

Re: old hand to joggler, newbie to this and openpeak!

Post by hawsey »

Hi and welcome :-)
You need to have a look on this thread for PNP III if you follow the instructions you will get all the best and latest apps available for the standard (,stock) os, and excellent it is too :-)
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555

Good luck
Happy Joggling
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Yeah, have a look at the PnP III thread. It's awesome! ;)
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Hello, don't forget you can easely remove all the apps you don't like/need, I did the same, infact on a couple of jogglers I have, I kept only five or six icon on the dashboard!
stevebrum74

Post by stevebrum74 »

Thanks peeps... yeah had a good look and having realised my usb stick isnt big enough ive ordered one online.
My joggler is ready (and responding to telnet) one quick question, do i just copy and paste the pnpIII image straight to it? (new usb) then follow the rest of the instructions? Sorry to sound like a complete gimp, but my programming knowledge is limited to (FORTRAN) How old am i? lol
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Younger than me, don't worry :D
If you read carefully you can have all the info you need, it's linux based but there's a step by step guide will allow you to do easely:

http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=555

anyway, if you have any doubt just ask!
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Have a good read through the above thread but basically you are going to be updating your image first using one of the methods described, I prefer A .
After that you need a blank stick again and you just unzip the PNP III files and copy them straight on to your stick, plug the stick in to your freshly updated Joggler, switch on and then wait, best to leave your new toy at this point as it takes a while, when you come back you should have a pimped up PNPIII joggler :-)
This is only the start of things though, be warned you will need a few usb sticks, lots of other images to try out booting from the side port like xbmc os you already tried .
Have fun....
Happy Joggling
stevebrum74

Post by stevebrum74 »

all my jogglers are now pimped up to pnpIII and love it. I cant work out where squeezebox gets its music from though... is it stuff thats on my usb sticks or on my home pc?
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

You would set up squeezeserver on your pc and scan your music I think?
:-)
Good job getting them all updated
Happy Joggling
ordessa

slight hijack

Post by ordessa »

on PNPIII...I've got a superb BBC feed via squeezeplay...

whats the URL for this feed??? just so I can see whats about?
Steve
offbeatdave

Re: slight hijack

Post by offbeatdave »

ordessa wrote:on PNPIII...I've got a superb BBC feed via squeezeplay...

whats the URL for this feed??? just so I can see whats about?
Steve
:?:
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!