new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
hawsey

Re: new Android 2.2.2 Mijuu Build 1.2.3 ** TESTING PHASE **

Post by hawsey »

Hiya,
I am desperate to try this new version but went weak at the knees after looking on the wiki at how to create a bootable stick
Any chance of an image so I can do it as per the guide for the first one
Thanks
Gary
Happy Joggling
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

Ooops thought my last post regarding image didn't go so double posted ,
Many thanks for the replies, something to look forward to tonight .
Thx
Happy Joggling
Jander

Post by Jander »

I can confirm that simply deleting the Google Framework Services data from the 'Manage Applications' section works for enabling the Marketplace. I kept making the mistake of removing the Marketplace data too, which didn't help matters.
nigelh

Post by nigelh »

I downloaded an app called RootChecker and it confirmed that the image is ROOTED. :P
Jander

Post by Jander »

I tried the same app to check for root, and it believes it's rooted, but complains about 'su' being missing. Titanium doesn't think the system is rooted, so maybe that's the issue ?
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

Jander wrote:I tried the same app to check for root, and it believes it's rooted, but complains about 'su' being missing. Titanium doesn't think the system is rooted, so maybe that's the issue ?
Normally the app "superuser" handles the different apps requests for root privileges. "Superuser" is one of the many apps that just refuse to install. Either via the market or side loading the apk.
I guess Titanium makes a request for root and looks for Superuser to allow it, when it doesn't receive a response it assumes that it's not rooted. Using one click root apps such as universal androot or visionary, superuser is normally installed as part of the process. In the long run it's not a huge problem, only if people want to make large backups.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

Guys,

I received an email from Mijuu last night, here's the update, I've also asked he creates an account on jogglerwiki so we can all PM him ;-)

Anyway
1. If you want to make screen shots (jp_hero?) , "screen capture 1.4" apparently works really well
2. Mijuu is looking into the root issue, the image is rooted, the first parition is mounted /mnt/udisk so you can install apps , but he thinks apps like titatanium pro dont work because they look for a /bin/su, which aint there.. and thus they "assume" the image isnt rooted.. Anyway, probably a minor patch..

So far the image sounds like its much better than 2.2.1 (1.2.1/2) so its deffo worth upgrading guys.. As jp_hero says in the long run it aint a major problem..
Angelo
jp_hero

Post by jp_hero »

I bought Screenshot ER it works perfectly. Just need to reinstall all the apps from my other stick now.
I'm from http://www.coolsmartphone.com For all your Android news and reviews.
Also if Twitter is your thing you can follow me http://twitter.com/#!/jp_hero
Jander

Post by Jander »

asantaga wrote: So far the image sounds like its much better than 2.2.1 (1.2.1/2) so its deffo worth upgrading guys.. As jp_hero says in the long run it aint a major problem..
It certainly seems better. The only thing left to make it perfect is to get that blessed backlight to switch off fully :-)
alindl

Post by alindl »

Hi all,

Ive had a play with this and modified the system.img file that goes on the android partition. This is purely software changes and no improvement of drivers etc. I think all i changed was:

- Languages and timezones set to UK
- rootexplorer replaced with english version
- pinyin keyboard removed
- button savior added
- all google apps installed

You still need to do the market fix once setup but the google setup wizard, maps etc. all seem to be working ok (with wifi being a bit reluctant to connect at times).

http://www.4shared.com/file/riuh-c7L/systemimg.html

I'm not sure how just replacing the image on an existing installation will go, but if you want a nice clean start then format your data and sd partitions, replace the system.img on the android partition and start afresh. (mybackup root seems to work well for backing up apps etc)

Also to note, beautiful widgets, pure calendar and launcherpro seem to work nicely on the joggler.
a8ree

Post by a8ree »

I have downloaded and installed Alindl's configuration

Can't seem to get all the Market apps to be available / search. Pulse was on one of the apps pages and I managed to install from there however when I searched I couldn't find it. Can find the official BBC app or some of the usual suspects like Twidroyd etc.

Tried deleting framework and market data....no difference.
doojit

Post by doojit »

Much better build this is getting there, the bbc app works in landscape but no info, Tweetdeck works on this one which is cool. If we could just get the video working it would be near perfect great work to the people tinkering with it.
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

a8ree wrote:I have downloaded and installed Alindl's configuration

Can't seem to get all the Market apps to be available / search. Pulse was on one of the apps pages and I managed to install from there however when I searched I couldn't find it. Can find the official BBC app or some of the usual suspects like Twidroyd etc.

Hi there, Im not able to test this, but when you wipe data , only wipe the data for the google framework, NOT the google market.. I think its ok to wipe the cache for the market but not the data..

when I get a chance I'll do the steps and update the wiki, or if someone else can that would be fab :-)
Angelo
mijuu

Post by mijuu »

Hi guys, i'm glad to be here to talk about joggler, it is a interesting device :-)
Actually, I'm using Google Apps package form goo-inside.me ( http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/6 ) in my 1.2 release, but I can't see all of the apps on google market, either.
That’s a problem to be solved in next release, and make titatium can be work.
Jander

Post by Jander »

asantaga wrote: Hi there, Im not able to test this, but when you wipe data , only wipe the data for the google framework, NOT the google market.. I think its ok to wipe the cache for the market but not the data..
That's correct. To get the Market working all I did was wipe the data from Settings->Applications->...->Google Framework Services. I did make the mistake of wiping the Marketplace's settings a couple of times before I realised what I was doing wrong.
Last edited by Jander on Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbluesky

Post by mrbluesky »

a8ree wrote:I have downloaded and installed Alindl's configuration

Hello newbie here

have installed Alindls configuration etc etc but i cant download anything from the market all its just says "downloading"
mijuu

Post by mijuu »

Ok, I have found the issue, please follow the steps below to make the titaium backup work:

1, Click 'Problems' - ‘Preferences’ in titaium
2, Check 'Force system BusyBox' and 'Force system SQLite' box
3, Get back and enter into android settings - Application - Manage applications
4, Click Titanium Backup, force stop it
5, Now run Titanium Backup again, it's working!
alindl

Post by alindl »

Hi all, i've installed and tried the market a few times and it seems to work by doing the following:

-Load up market and see the limited list of apps
-goto settings, applications, manage applications, select all and find "google services framework"
-select the above, force stop then clear data and confirm clear data
-come back and goto market on the list
-clear "cache", NOT "data"
-reboot
-ensure your network is connected and working then load up the market

You should now see all apps, but be aware LOTS of them dont work on x86 yet.
alindl

Post by alindl »

mijuu wrote:Hi guys, i'm glad to be here to talk about joggler, it is a interesting device :-)
Actually, I'm using Google Apps package form goo-inside.me ( http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/6 ) in my 1.2 release, but I can't see all of the apps on google market, either.
That’s a problem to be solved in next release, and make titatium can be work.
Hi there, great to have you here, you've done an amazing job with android so far, thanks!

Out of interest, have you tried any of the gingerbread builds from android-x86 and are there any ideas yet on getting video working better?
alindl

Post by alindl »

mijuu wrote: Actually, I'm using Google Apps package form goo-inside.me ( http://goo-inside.me/gapps/latest/6 ) in my 1.2 release, but I can't see all of the apps on google market, either.
FYI, in the package i've put on here i'm using a google apps build from cyanogenmod, gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip with some removed as they don't work or aren't appropriate for the build. The main reason i wanted more of them in the package is to enable the contact and calendar synchronisation which works fine with these :)