How to install Android on Joggler Step by Step Instructions

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
deeinlondon

How to install Android on Joggler Step by Step Instructions

Post by deeinlondon »

Please can someone simply write in native English how to install Android (ICS_Joggler_4.0.4_Alpha3) on to my Joggler or onto a USB Stick?

I simply cannot understand the Chinese instructions given on the link below when using Chinese to English Google Translation - I really need someone who's native language is English to explain this to me properly step by step.

http://www.mporting.com/2012/06/ics-4-0 ... er-alpha3/

Right now I have two Jogglers, one has the OpenPeak Operating System and one has the original O2 operating system as it was turned off during the times O2 were doing the upgrades.

I'd really like to try the latest version of Android on the Joggler using an external USB Stick and if that works well then try erasing the internal memory of both Jogglers and having Android run of the internal memory, but my biggest stumbling block is I can't find a decent set of instructions either, written in an easy to understand way or as a YouTube video.
dwl99

Re: How to install Android on Joggler Step by Step Instructi

Post by dwl99 »

ICS for the Joggler is still quite buggy. Have you tried Froyo? It works perfectly. http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=318
deeinlondon

Post by deeinlondon »

dwl99 wrote:ICS for the Joggler is still quite buggy. Have you tried Froyo? It works perfectly. http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=318

Buggy in what way?

I already have a USB Stick which when it boots up says "ICS for Joggler" - but I can't remember where I got it from or even how I installed it to the USB Stick

That says Android version 4.0.3 with Kernel Version 3.0.8-mijuu-joggler+ and seems to work pretty good.

I'm sure all I did to install that was download some kind of 4GB image file and then write that to a 4GB USB Stick.
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

From what I remember there are quite a lot of apps that will not install and wifi can be a bit flaky. Perhaps someone who is a more regular user can comment?
Nasedo

Post by Nasedo »

deeinlondon wrote: Buggy in what way?
(...)
That says Android version 4.0.3 with Kernel Version 3.0.8-mijuu-joggler+ and seems to work pretty good.
I'm not really sure if ICS is ready for x86. Is not related to Joggler, because I haven't tested anything above Andorid 2.2 on it, but I had tested Android 4.0.4 on my Acer ICONIA W500 - works pretty good except WiFi... it seems tablet became completely useless ;)
gilgoe

Post by gilgoe »

What about the latest Android 4.1?
jazzmista

Post by jazzmista »

gilgoe wrote:What about the latest Android 4.1?
Can't get that to compile for x86 (unrecognised architecture).
asantaga

Post by asantaga »

thats a shame, I was going to give ICS another go on my joggler.. I was thinking of turning it into a bedside clock/radio thingy
Angelo
deeinlondon

Post by deeinlondon »

I'm STILL looking for instructions on how to install can someone please provide instructions - I don't want people's insights into what is stable or not stable.