SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & SQPOS)

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
jemhayward

SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & sqpOS)

Post by jemhayward »

I got my Joggler yesterday, so very much a newbie - I've found the web interface and have installed various things like opera, but my main reason for buying the Joggler is Squeezeplay... Guess what won't install? It says file is missing, can't continue. I will probably install SqueezeplayOS later, but how to I get Squeezeplay to install?
hawsey

Re: SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & sqpOS)

Post by hawsey »

Welcome to the forum.
You need to install the latest PNPIII from offbeatdaves thread, that has all the latest apps on that are left after the openpeak update including squeezeplay :-)
Happy Joggling
jemhayward

SqueezePlay for Joggler (Native, Ubuntu & sqpOS)

Post by jemhayward »

Quite frustrating as only one of my many USB sticks would work, so lots of copying, formatting and copying again, but I got there in the end! Now have pnp3 and I'm using squeeze play from a wired connection and it's working fine. LMS, I presume, is down sampling (not sure that is the correct term) my 24bit files to 16bit (not convinced I can hear any difference, but that's not the point!) - I'm not familiar enough with the squeezebox world to know how to fix that.
However, the bottom line is that the joggler makes a viable alternative to the squeezebox, and about a quarter of the price!
Wilberforce

Post by Wilberforce »

Quick bug fix (hopefully!) :
  • Screen flashes on when using "Screen off" screensaver after stopping a track
Let me know if this fixes /doesn't fix the issue. Also, anyone tried the screensaver patch on openpeak / pnp?

PS Buzz, any chance of allowing .patch file attachments? Cheers ...

Edit: Oh yeah... forgot to mention, this is for my screensaver patch not for squeezeplay as roobarb distributes it.

see:
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 460#p10681
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 480#p10684
Attachments
0001-Attempted-white-screen-flash-fix.-This-was-a-bug-whe.patch.txt
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 259 times
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

An Update!

Version 1.52 adds a 'Network Mount Point' configuration option to the Additional Features menu for SqueezePlay OS users. I'm afraid there's nothing new for native OS users, but you'll be given the option to update anyway.

If I'm honest, this release hasn't had the same level of testing as usual, but as the feature is pretty self-contained (and is pretty simple in what it does) it should be fine. Famous last words, eh. ;)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Post by pete »

Great News!

Here mostly streaming radio (mostly BBC) with my SqueezePlay. I do recall a while back configuring the NAS mounts for my music stuff.

The older build has been working very well for me and any updates are just icing on the cake making it a great implementation!
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

roobarb! wrote:If I'm honest, this release hasn't had the same level of testing as usual, but as the feature is pretty self-contained (and is pretty simple in what it does) it should be fine. Famous last words, eh. ;)
There've been a fair few upgrades applied already and nobody seems to be complaining, so hopefully this feature is working as expected! :)
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

I've upgraded and not had any issues. TBH I've already manually mounted my music so I only had a quick play and then disabled the new mount but all looks good. Mainly I think for me it'll be handy when there's a bigger upgrade to SqueezePlay OS so I Reflash and set it up again.
multiplex

Time Change issue?

Post by multiplex »

Did anyone else have their Squeeze Play "lockup" over the weekend?

I'm guessing that it was cased by the time going backwards... Both my native (updated) which only runs sqp (changed scripts to run that in place of tango) and the one running SQ O/S as the media server didn't respond properly to the touch screen this am - when "off" you normally touch the screen to see the time and yo can press the "power button" to "switch it on". Today the screen woke up but no time display and no power button.

No real issue - just curious!
jogglerhase

Dumb question? SqueezePlay for Joggler multitasking...

Post by jogglerhase »

Hi;
this might be a dumb question, but anway:
I am running the original OS w/ PNP III and use Squeezeplay quite a bit (w/ external NAS running the LMS).
(So thanks to roobarb & offbeatdave again - great work!!)
I was wondering, if there is a way (in the future?) to have Squeezeplay running and be able to go back to the main screen to run i.e. an egg timer while Squeezeplay keeps playing music?
Kind of like the radio app, which you can have running while returning to the home screen and doing other stuff while Radio keeps playing.

Does anybody have an idea, if this is feasable?

Heiner
jogglerhase

Post by jogglerhase »

Anybody any thoughts on this?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

jogglerhase wrote:Anybody any thoughts on this?
It's possible, but tricky. The native UI can jump in front of SqueezePlay if it's restarted, but as we have no proper window manager, there's no reasonable way I know of to switch between the two without restarting them.

Others will know better - you may want to ask on the PnP3 thread.
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Just a thought but Squeezeslave installed might be a solution. Squeezeslave is a command line software player that could possibly be run in the background. You then set squeezeplay to control Squeezeslave via the select player menu in settings. That way when you quit Squeezeplay Squeezeslave would still be playing and controllable via other remotes (Web interface on LMS, Ipeng etc etc)
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

roobarb! wrote:
It's possible, but tricky. The native UI can jump in front of SqueezePlay if it's restarted, but as we have no proper window manager, there's no reasonable way I know of to switch between the two without restarting them.

Actually what happens if the native interface restarts and you launch Squeezeplay again? Does it open another instance of squeezeplay or bring the original running one back to the front. I'm just wondering if a menu option could be added the PNP Squeezeplay that restarts the native interface so brings it to the front and then clicking the SP icon will take you back. Very cludgy I guess but might be a simple way of achieving this.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

JimbobVFR400 wrote:
roobarb! wrote:

Actually what happens if the native interface restarts and you launch Squeezeplay again? Does it open another instance of squeezeplay or bring the original running one back to the front.
The first press actually kills the currently running instance, then a second press will relaunch a fresh version. This is basically because I couldn't find a way to jump it back into the foreground again, so that's the only option I was left with.
JimbobVFR400 wrote:I'm just wondering if a menu option could be added the PNP Squeezeplay that restarts the native interface so brings it to the front and then clicking the SP icon will take you back. Very cludgy I guess but might be a simple way of achieving this.
Yes, you could do it that way, but the lack of a way to jump SqueezePlay back to the front again without relaunching sort of scuppers it. :(
JimbobVFR400

Post by JimbobVFR400 »

Fair enough. I did wonder if it might work like that.
Squeezeslave might still work though if it was possible to get this working on PNP3. Might be worth asking in the PnP thread.
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

JimbobVFR400 wrote:Fair enough. I did wonder if it might work like that.
Squeezeslave might still work though if it was possible to get this working on PNP3. Might be worth asking in the PnP thread.
Squeezeslave is good - I've used it on my Apple TV in the past. Just watch out if you're a Spotify user, as I did have some troubles with it playing content from that.
jogglerhase

Dumb question? SqueezePlay for Joggler multitasking.

Post by jogglerhase »

Thanks Roobarb & JimbobVFR400 foryour discussion on this;
so from what I got from your post, you think Squeezeslave is the only option to go?
That woud mean compiling this for Joggler somehow, I guess?
That is waaay beyond my scope.
(Also, Squeezeslave does only support 44kHz and transcoding is not an option for me, as I am running LMS on an older Synology NAS, which runs quickly out of steam....Syncing I thought was a problem as well, but may be not according to the SB forum)

I am still hoping that there could be a solution 'only' involving Squeezeplay / PnP III:
Here is why (and please forgive, if these deductions are stupid - I am just a user and have no clue what's going on 'under the bonnet'):
1) I noticed that when upgrading Squeezeplay from within the PnP III environment, the power off button did not seem to power the Squeezeplay down, but instead just gained a black screen / timesaver screen (w/ added power off button).
Only running a flash script regained that functionality ("modify_SQP_off.sh - provided by you roobarb? Or is that from offbeatdave??) - that makes me beliefe that there is a way to end the "music part" seperately from the "GUI part" of squeezeplay.
2) The Radio App works just like this (running in the background w/ the tune icon in the header bringing it back upfront) - is there a way to copy-cat it from there?
What do you think?

All the best, Heiner
cszhy

Post by cszhy »

Hello roobarb!
currently I 'm using squeeze play from OpenPeak Firmware v30300

there is problem when the app connecting to mysqueezebox.com,
I can ping through that address, just wondering why I can't connect to mysqueezebox.com
any idea? thanks
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

cszhy wrote:Hello roobarb!
currently I 'm using squeeze play from OpenPeak Firmware v30300

there is problem when the app connecting to mysqueezebox.com,
I can ping through that address, just wondering why I can't connect to mysqueezebox.com
any idea? thanks
It's been iffy for me too, recently - can only assume problems at the Logitech end, I'm afraid.