PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
gegs

Re: PnP III: Enhance the standard OS - Download & details he

Post by gegs »

You lightweights! My chocolate has to be dark and bitter.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Off topic (sorry offbeatdave) :oops:

Gegs - No way :o . Where is the sugar rush?!

Back on topic.
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Offbeatdave

Any chance you could add volume options to the basic webscreen that you get when you type in your Joggler's IP address.
As a telnet/SSH novice it would be great to able to adjust headphone jack output from 70 to 100 or switch to digital via USB etc by selecting options listed on that page instead of having to go in via Putty and try and execute commands I don't really understand!!! :?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Fishy
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Fishy wrote:Offbeatdave

Any chance you could add volume options to the basic webscreen that you get when you type in your Joggler's IP address.
As a telnet/SSH novice it would be great to able to adjust headphone jack output from 70 to 100 or switch to digital via USB etc by selecting options listed on that page instead of having to go in via Putty and try and execute commands
Volume altering on the fly is beyond me at the moment. I might get a chance to look over the next few weeks. Regarding switching between USB and Internal sound, at the moment, there should be an option via SWF Launcher ->Shell->Internal_Sound.sh or USB_Sound.sh which should switch between Internal and USB sound. I don't own a USB sound so I can't confirm whether it works or not. I will try and pop the option to do this on the Webserver page (it was on once upon a time but I took it off when I first started playing with the original PnP for my own specification!).

EDIT: See the post below for enabling soundcard switching via the Webserver.
Last edited by offbeatdave on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
offbeatdave

Update Webserver to enable Soundcard switching

Post by offbeatdave »

Fishy wrote:Offbeatdave

As a telnet/SSH novice it would be great to able to...switch to digital via USB etc by selecting options listed on that page instead of having to go in via Putty and try and execute commands I don't really understand!!! :?
OK, I don't know if this works properly :? as I have no USB Sound Card to test :( but I've restored the buttons to switch between USB sound and Internal sound to the Webinterface in PnP III.

To add the option to the Webserver, Telnet or Putty in and type...

Code: Select all

wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77534245/updatewebserver.sh
sh ./updatewebserver.sh
rm -r updatewebserver.sh
The sound card buttons should then appear in the Webserver available at your Joggler's IP address.

Please report back any success/failures! If it works I'll add it to PnP III v3.042!

ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

offbeatdave wrote:
Regarding switching between USB and Internal sound, at the moment, there should be an option via SWF Launcher ->Shell->Internal_Sound.sh or USB_Sound.sh which should switch between Internal and USB sound. I don't own a USB sound so I can't confirm whether it works or not.
Hello. Just to say that I do have a usb sound card - thanks to advice from gegs for this golden nugget of a tip - and can confirm that that the SWF Launcher definitely works for switching the sound between internal and usb.

Haven't added your new button to my joggler to test tho as not sure what you mean by it being available at the webserver at the joggler's ip address.... does it not appear on the main menu?
Fishy

Post by Fishy »

Offbeatdave - thanks very much for quick response.
After rooting around these forum pages have since found "/usr/bin/amixer sset "Master",0 25" command to increase headphone jack output to 100% so very pleased :D
May be a Linux newbie but seem to be learning fast...
Still haven't found how to make Joggler LMS "see" the Lacie hard drive connected to my router where I keep all my music though :(
So still having to run everything though LMS loaded on a laptop.
Will keep reading....

Cheers!
offbeatdave

Webserver page access

Post by offbeatdave »

ilovemyjoggler wrote: Haven't added your new button to my joggler to test tho as not sure what you mean by it being available at the webserver at the joggler's ip address.... does it not appear on the main menu?
If you go to a browser on a computer on your network and type in your joggler's ip address it'll bring up a simple webpage with a few options to control your joggler. It didn't have sound switching yet but the post a couple up should pop this on as an option.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Thanks for the feedback on the usb soundcard switching via swf launcher btw!
gegs

Post by gegs »

I gave the USB sound switch the thumbs up here http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... her#p11164 but you may have missed it because it was on the Squeezeplay OS thread.

It really is a great time saver and works a treat.

And hey, get yourself a USB soundcard; even the cheapo ones are a vast improvement on the internal sound. You won't regret it!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Cheers for the confirmation that it works!
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

Can I please add a couple or three webserver update requests?

1. The ability to completely shut the joggler down, not just restart

2. A way to set the volume higher permanently or at least on a toggle, I've tried SSHing but just not got the knack.

3. A temperature throttle change.

I know I'm pushing it here, but it just seems that PNPIII is the perfect way to do those "O2 really should have done these" tweaks.

Thanks
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

danjog2 wrote:Can I please add a couple or three webserver update requests?

Not sure that this can be done as I don't know of shutdown command available to the stock OS.
2. A way to set the volume higher permanently or at least on a toggle, I've tried SSHing but just not got the knack.
PnP III should increase it a bit - I've not gone the whole hog 'cos it distorted and crackled for me.
I think that this is just something that applies to the full-blown distros (Ubuntu, Joli, Mint) isn't it?
Last edited by offbeatdave on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

offbeatdave wrote:
danjog2 wrote:Can I please add a couple or three webserver update requests?

Not sure that this can be done as I don't now of shutdown command available to the stock OS.
PnP III should increase it a bit - I've not gone the whole hog 'cos it distorted and crackled for me.
I think that this is just something that applies to the full-blown distros (Ubuntu, Joli, Mint) isn't it?
Thanks for your quick answers
1. Thanks
2. Ta, thought it was a tad louder than stock
3. Doh!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

The latest version (v3.042) can now be downloaded from the opening post. (Updated 10th July 2012)
Recent changes: v3.042 should add soundcard switching to the PnP III Webserver as well as the latest icon set.

If you are running a recent version, there is no need to update! If you really want the recent additions, there are instructions in the opening post to update your existing PnP III installation with bits and pieces.
Jarv_77

Post by Jarv_77 »

Just a quick query on Pnp MkIII,

My joggler is currently stuck at o2 logo on boot - though it will run Joli etc from USB. The Reflash from Roobarb completes but it never actually reboots into the O2 OS.

Should the PnP MkIII install boot from USB if the original O2 image has not successfully boot itself?
or to rephrase..... Is there a way to get PnP Mk III onto the Joggler without first having the original O2 image working?

My Joggler has not done the recent O2 downgrade update.

Thanks for any help....

David
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

No , i don't think so ; i had exactly the same as yourself , see my recent post in the reflash thread .
What worked for me was
1 Openpeak reflash
then
2 Roobarb reflash
then
3 PNP III flash

this method has worked for me twice
Good luck
Happy Joggling
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

I am new here and as I didn't like android and linux os I am willing to try this as well.I need your help as I don't undersdant what the second step means:make sure joggler is clean. I downloaded update tool'installed it to a usb using disk manager.Then what?Please help
ttherapo

Post by ttherapo »

Ok,downloaded update tool from first post and write to a usb stick,put in joggler and reboot.After I format usb stick and paste everything there-root.I reboot but nothing happens...any suggestions?my joggler has the blue icons...
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

I have acquired another joggler and I want to install PNPIII on it. It has already been tinkered with as it has squeezeplay but no Iplayer (which is a must). Anyhoo, I still have my reflasher, openpeak update and pnpIII sticks and am guessing I need to either reflash or update first in order to get pnpIII on there?