Samba? May be a stupid question

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
danjog2

Samba? May be a stupid question

Post by danjog2 »

Hi all

I can connect to my Buffalo Linkstation NAS using UPNP on a PNPIII'd joggler. I'd like to use SqueezePlayer to access these shares so I can FF & RW, but don't really have a clue how to do it. Is SMB access available for SqueezePlayer or have I entirely misunderstood how it works.
papaiannis

Re: Samba? May be a stupid question

Post by papaiannis »

The SqueezePlayer is able to reproduce only what is streamed by the Logitech Media Server (LMS). Therefore the share on your NAS shall be available, via samba/cifs or NFS, to the host where LMS is installed.
A convenient solution could be to install LMS on your NAS, if a version of LMS is available for it.
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

If LMS is already installed on my joggler, can't I add the samba share details to that?
papaiannis

Post by papaiannis »

First, you have to install the cifs.ko module. Then you can mount the share on your NAS. To do both things at boot, add a few lines to /etc/rc.local.
Beware that the NAS may be unreachable at boot. In this case, before mounting, you have to wait until your NAS replies to a ping.
See also the following thread in this forum:
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=592
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

papaiannis wrote:First, you have to install the cifs.ko module. Then you can mount the share on your NAS. To do both things at boot, add a few lines to /etc/rc.local.
Beware that the NAS may be unreachable at boot. In this case, before mounting, you have to wait until your NAS replies to a ping.
See also the following thread in this forum:
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... ?f=2&t=592
I've connected through winscp and searched right the way through all the files and I can't find one called /etc/rc.local

Do I need to install this too?