PnP III v3.50: Enhance the standard OS - DOWNLOAD HERE!

General discussion relating to the O2 Joggler, from the default O2 setup, to alternative operating systems and applications.
offbeatdave

Re: PnP III for pre/post OpenPeak update Jogglers - Get it h

Post by offbeatdave »

Regarding the alarm issue - it is now fixed for the OpenPeak updated version, just not yet for the o2 version. Will have a little play around in a bit.
"EVERY DAY I'M JOGGLERING!"
Jogglering since Dec '09;
Tinkering with Jogglers since Feb '10 thanks to PMJ, Jogtools, PnP & sqpOS;
Gave something back Feb '12 to Apr '14 with PnP Mk II & PnP III;
Finally 'completed' PnP III Apr '15!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

Non-sounding alarm tones on pre-update Joggler fixed (integrated v3.031 onwards)
It'll have an 'old-style' icon but at least it works!
Telnet into your Joggler and type:

Code: Select all

cd /openpeak/gui/apps
    rm -r o2_alarm_clock
    wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/77534245/o2_alarm_clock.tar
    tar xvf o2_alarm_clock.tar
    rm o2_alarm_clock.tar
    killall tango
phil

Post by phil »

Perfect! Thanks for that. I prefer the old alarm clock to the new one anyway so that's a bonus too.
amilboa

Post by amilboa »

Can anyone provide step by step idiot guide to getting my joggler up to date with PnP III please? Originally i updated from gForum PnP 1, and it worked okay. It has now updated to the Openpeak OS, and apart from iPlayer is next to useless and too US based. Please help, as it won't just boot the PnP III via USB nor, can i telnet in (PuTTY or Windows).
AndrewJames

Post by AndrewJames »

amilboa wrote:Can anyone provide step by step idiot guide to getting my joggler up to date with PnP III please? Originally i updated from gForum PnP 1, and it worked okay. It has now updated to the Openpeak OS, and apart from iPlayer is next to useless and too US based. Please help, as it won't just boot the PnP III via USB nor, can i telnet in (PuTTY or Windows).
Try the Reflash tool, that should install the pre update software
then try and update with PnP Mk3
AndrewJames

Post by AndrewJames »

Hi offbeatdave, is there a version of XMBC that may work with your PnP?
ottaky

Post by ottaky »

offbeatdave wrote:Thanks for all the success stories - keep 'em coming!
Thanks a million for taking the time to bundle all this stuff up!

Just installed 3.029 on my Joggler and it's working a treat (after setting up the WiFi manually, and restarting the NTP service etc.)

I've never seen YouTube and iPlayer running so smoothly .. my daughter's going to wet herself the next time she searches for Scooby Doo clips on YouTube ;-)

Just so you know, post applying PnP, I lost telnet access (although SSH is working fine).

I still have some duplicate icons as well. I presume I can just remove the appropriate lines from /media/appshop/applications.xml ..

<app id="268" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/268/" icon="icon.swf" title="Google Maps"/>
 <app id="271" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/271/" icon="icon.swf" title="YouTube"/>
 <app id="250" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/250/" icon="icon.swf" title="Weather"/>
 <app id="267" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/267/" icon="icon.swf" title="Google Calendar"/>
etc.
Would that be right?

Thanks again for this. I thought O2's parting update had all but put the final nail in the Joggler's coffin, but PnP has just given it a new lease of life.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

ottaky wrote: I still have some duplicate icons as well. I presume I can just remove the appropriate lines from /media/appshop/applications.xml ..

<app id="268" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/268/" icon="icon.swf" title="Google Maps"/>
 <app id="271" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/271/" icon="icon.swf" title="YouTube"/>
 <app id="250" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/250/" icon="icon.swf" title="Weather"/>
 <app id="267" app="main.swf" loc="/media/appshop/267/" icon="icon.swf" title="Google Calendar"/>
etc.
Would that be right?
Yeah, just remove these and then use the 'refresh' button to restart tango (or do it via the webserver). Glad it's working for you too!
ottaky

Post by ottaky »

offbeatdave wrote:Yeah, just remove these and then use the 'refresh' button to restart tango (or do it via the webserver). Glad it's working for you too!
Yep - that's great. All tidied up and looking good.

Thanks again!

That's one less thing to do at the weekend .. which leaves more time for playing with the Raspberry Pi ;-)

Cheers , and have a good weekend.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

ottaky wrote: Cheers , and have a good weekend.
Thanks! Might try for a Joggler-free one as I've probably gone as far as I can now until the dust settles on the update saga! I've updated the photos on the opening post to reflect the current version. That'll probably be it until 'we' are in receipt of the final update!
Last edited by offbeatdave on Sat May 19, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ottaky

Post by ottaky »

offbeatdave wrote:until 'we' are in receipt of the final update!
The "final update"?

In the meantime my daughter is playing Angry Birds and sticking little bits of croissant to the screen.
mikeywilliams

Post by mikeywilliams »

A quick query I havent seen mentioned here: To update to the latest version can I just reinstall PnPIII over the previous version?
eg I am on 3.029 so do I download 3.031, put it on a usb stick and install on top of it?
Sherbet66

Re: Telnet/SSH connection issue (post PnP III)

Post by Sherbet66 »

Hi,

I've upgraded to PnP II and although network connection is up and running and I'm able to connect to the web server I've found that Telnet is not working and SSH halts at the password prompt (will not allow password input at all, although it accepts user name, I'm using Putty). Can anyone advise on how to connect via SSH?

Many thanks

Dave
Last edited by Sherbet66 on Sat May 19, 2012 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

mikeywilliams wrote:A quick query I havent seen mentioned here: To update to the latest version can I just reinstall PnPIII over the previous version?
eg I am on 3.029 so do I download 3.031, put it on a usb stick and install on top of it?
Only change is the working connect and play and alarm stuff so just run fixes from opening post.
MojoDave

Post by MojoDave »

(Alarm working - Thanks Dave! Some of those sirens would be pretty scary to wake up to!!)

I have been trying to get my MP3 filled HDD, that is plugged into my O2 wireless box IV (Thomson SpeedTouch TG587nv2), to show up on connect and play? The LMS server on the laptop and other joggler are found but not the router. I know the router is dishing out the media because my Android phone and Samsung TV both pick it up. I have also tried a usb stick formatted to FAT32 but still no joy. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions to try or even just confirm that they are not compatible? I have also read a few threads about getting Squeezeplay to automatically look for a NAS drive, has anyone had any success with this? Thanks!

Post by locked »

Another big word of thanks for all the hard work pulling this together. Like many others, after fixing the IP address and re-enabling telnet the installation of PnP III went smoothly. Getting squeezeplay back was the main aim but the kids our going to love the new games especially angry birds!
psul

Post by psul »

Sherbet66 wrote:Hi,

I've upgraded to PnP II and although network connection is up and running and I'm able to connect to the web server I've found that Telnet is not working and SSH halts at the password prompt (will not allow password input at all, although it accepts user name, I'm using Putty). Can anyone advise on how to connect via SSH?

Many thanks

Dave

Had the same thing myself.
Thought I was going mad but after about 5 goes it accepted the password. I'm convinced I wasn't entering it incorrectly yet each time I typed the password and pressed enter it just asked for password again.

By the way connect and play now working perfect again.
really think PnP III has made joggler better than ever!
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

psul wrote: Had the same thing myself.
Thought I was going mad but after about 5 goes it accepted the password. I'm convinced I wasn't entering it incorrectly yet each time I typed the password and pressed enter it just asked for password again.

By the way connect and play now working perfect again.
really think PnP III has made joggler better than ever!
I have had this occasionally. I put it down to the wireless being temporarily disconnected at the Joggler-end, as moments later it let me connect again.
danjog2

Post by danjog2 »

Thanks Dave, just upgraded two jogglers to PnP III without very much fuss. I got confused by the absence of an internet connection at first, but setting a fixed IP sorted it all out. Connect & Play which is the primary use of the Jogglers is now working nicely.

How tricky is it to create an image of one of my jogglers so I can use that instead of the Birdslikewires image to reflash if I have problems later?
offbeatdave

Post by offbeatdave »

danjog2 wrote:Thanks Dave, just upgraded two jogglers to PnP III without very much fuss. I got confused by the absence of an internet connection at first, but setting a fixed IP sorted it all out. Connect & Play which is the primary use of the Jogglers is now working nicely.

How tricky is it to create an image of one of my jogglers so I can use that instead of the Birdslikewires image to reflash if I have problems later?
This has worked well for me in the past. http://www.jogglerwiki.com/wiki/Frequen ... _System.3F