O2 Joggler for sale £30 including p&p

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
bunnieslovepink

O2 Joggler for sale £30 including p&p

Post by bunnieslovepink »

02 joggler for sale £30 including p&p in original box with all the bits and pieces it came with
ilovemyjoggler

Re: O2 Joggler for sale £30 including p&p

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

if this is still available i'll take it please. i'll send you my details via pm. thanks
Crabsor

Post by Crabsor »

And if for some reason he cannot, I will. Thanks
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

Bunnieslovepink has been as silent as the grave. Had a pm telling me where to send the cheque which was sent off immediately but I've not heard anything back despite sending a couple of pms just to ensure it arrived. Tonight I realised that its been 9 days since that one and only message so I've cancelled the cheque (at cost to me). I may have been rash but I didn't want to risk being shafted.

Perhaps she changed her mind. I'm not annoyed but the lack of contact is a bit frustrating. It's made me a wary of the forum marketplace...
gegs

Post by gegs »

I'd have to agree. People whose names I've never seen on the forum, suddenly posting 'for sale' notices is a tad suspicious. I have been tempted in the past but stopped short of initiating a transaction. If fitted kitchen spammers can post on the forum, so can scammers.

The good nature of genuine members of this forum does lead to a feeling of trust. That's a very good thing normally and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from long-time members. I use the number of posts as a good indicator; if they've only joined to make one post, a 'for sale' ad (like Bunnieslovepink), I'd ignore them unless they were posting an eBay link. At least with eBay there's some protection if the transaction goes 'belly up'.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

gegs wrote:If fitted kitchen spammers can post on the forum, so can scammers.
This had never occurred to me. :roll:
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

Why not have a minimum (appropriate) posting before being allowed to post in the 'For Sale' section?

It might not stop the spammers/scammers but it will deter them a bit ;)
gegs

Post by gegs »

Turvey wrote:Why not have a minimum (appropriate) posting before being allowed to post in the 'For Sale' section?

It might not stop the spammers/scammers but it will deter them a bit ;)
Unless the forum software has an admin tool to do something like this, it's not going to happen. Guidelines won't work because unscrupulous people will post in the 'for sale' section below their allowed posts threshold.
(Shock...! Horror...! Surely people couldn't be so evil :twisted: )
Turvey

Post by Turvey »

gegs wrote:Unless the forum software has an admin tool to do something like this, it's not going to happen.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking about more than relying on people's honesty.

Just thinking out loud here but couldn't it be made an admin posting area only? If you want to sell something you have to PM admin and they post it if it meets the criteria?
gegs

Post by gegs »

Turvey wrote:If you want to sell something you have to PM admin and they post it if it meets the criteria?
Perhaps, but I wouldn't want to burden the admins with this stuff. I think they do enough. Perhaps a warning about potential pitfalls on the 'For Sale' thread would be enough. We're all adults (I assume) and can judge for ourselves the level of risk we want to take.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Yeh, a sticky post could suffice. I wouldn't want the burdon and the risk of vetting sales. People might consider me responsible then. It's a tricky one - which I think the best bet is using safe methods of payment where you can get your money back etc. and checking out the users posts and so on.