Damaged Joggler for sale

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
butch_uk

Damaged Joggler for sale

Post by butch_uk »

Has a cracked screen from bottom to top. I've been using it like this for over a year and don't really notice it. The crack doesn't affect it's use whatsoever, it just doesn't look too nice when switched off. Very good condition apart from the crack. Just light use recently as bedside clock and to catch up on BBC iPlayer and a bit of bedtime surfing :roll:

Original box, original PSU and Joggler.

Bought new by me two years ago, Joggler has never been opened up, running PnP3, has DCHP issue with PnP3 so new owner will have to manually enter their router DHCP as per the forum.

£25 including P&P

P&P is UK mainland and Northern Ireland only. Ask for a quote for anywhere else.

If you live near Peterborough UK then £20 collected or I can deliver gratis to a reasonable distance.

I'll add a photo later, but it's a Joggler with a single crack up the screen, no great imagination required for a mental picture.
Hal_The_Hacker

Re: Damaged Joggler for sale

Post by Hal_The_Hacker »

does it have the garbled boot image issue?
butch_uk

Post by butch_uk »

Not too sure what that is, but it doesn't show the boot sequence properly when the GPU is stone cold, it's sorted by the time it's booted. So on reflection, yes, it probably does have the 'garbled boot image issue'.

But it is fully working, and would be an ideal testing unit for those that fly by the seat of their pants and push the boundaries a bit too far sometimes, if you completely bricked this one then for £20 you had a bit of fun and you're still left with some salvageable parts.

Another week or so then it's off to the dreaded eBay.
roobarb!

Damaged Joggler for sale

Post by roobarb! »

The scrambled screen on boot issue may actually be caused by the screen unit itself, and not the GPU on the main board. I had a Joggler with a faulty digitiser (and scrambly screen). Swapped screen, both issues vanished.

Just my experience, but this could be a good opportunity for someone if they have a working display and broken main board.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
butch_uk

Post by butch_uk »

As the 'issue' goes before it's booted, then I've never even considered it before now.

In fact, stuff eBay, if a 'Joggler person' doesn't want it then I'll keep it next to my bed.
andyf

Post by andyf »

Is this still for sale? Would make the perfect partner to my Joggler with broken Flash - Can combine the two and make a working one.
jogglerhase

Post by jogglerhase »

Hi:
I would be interested in the unit; however, I live in Dresden, Germany.
What would the total cost be including shipping?
And how would pay? (Paypal, other?)

Thanks & hope to hear from you soon.
(Just had a bicycle accident -> spine surgery -> flat in bed for the next weeks :(
-> need urgendly something to tinker with ..... :) )

Heiner
SQueeZe

Post by SQueeZe »

I'll take it if it is still available! I'll give you £30 for it :-) Please email info @ kevinandkiran dot com