Its dead, Jim

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
halfbiscuit

Its dead, Jim

Post by halfbiscuit »

None functional 02 Joggler (model A02JOGON). It is not completely dead, it powers up but no output to screen. I think it took a knock during a house move so I am sure someone who knows what they are doing can fix it.
£15 including P&P.
pete

Re: Its dead, Jim

Post by pete »

It's hard to kill a Joggler. I have seen the LCD connector come loose along with jarring the USB WLAN stick loose during shipping. That said it's only a 4 screw take apart.

Here is a picture of what to look for.
LCDCONNECTORs.gif
Those in to Star Trek - Yeah here watched the original series in the 1960's - favorite show back then...

First time Dr. McCoy used the term "It's dead Jim" was in the episode called "Miri" first aired 27th of October, 1966.

Responding to an Earth-type distress signal many light years from Earth, the USS Enterprise discovers a planet that is an exact copy of Earth. It has the same mass, circumference, density, and atmosphere. Even the topography is identical.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
halfbiscuit

Post by halfbiscuit »

Thanks for the input - I have actually taken it apart and poked around (see here: http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 643#p25643)

There is an LED on the mainboard that just flashes on and off whereas it is on solid on my other joggler.
pete

Post by pete »

There are a couple (more than) LED's there. One is for the built in NIC (network) and the other one is from the boot ROM.

The boot rom LED(s) flashes when first booting (EFI boot process).

Thinking that if it keeps flashing then it is stuck in the boot (take that as an EFI boot tandra).

The NIC LEDs will flash trying to get a DHCP address by default.

Ah memories.....

This involves the blind typing thing to boot via a boot stick which can be a PITA. Basically interrupting the boot process and telling the Openframe to boot from a USB stick, then rewriting the EFI boot rom. I went back here to a very basic USB connected keyboard and that still was a PITA to use to do the blind typing thing.

The above written the EFI boot rom chip on the Openframe is soldered on to the motherboard such that you cannot do a hot swap. I do have here what looks to be an O2 prototype Openframe device with the speakers in front and many components removed from the main motherboard, marked O2 and it does have a socketed boot rom chip in it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater