Axis 2400 Server - SOLD

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
pete

Axis 2400 Server - SOLD

Post by pete »

While not a Joggler its a neato device.

I have three of these.

Axis 2400+ sold - 12th of January, 2015
Axis 2400+ sold - 27th of February, 2015
Axis 2400+ sold - 14th of March, 2015

http://www.axis.com/en/products/cam_2400/index.htm

Features:
  • Dial-up connection via modem as well as direct connection to Ethernet networks
  • PHP3 script support for developing your own application scripts
  • Support for additional Pan/Tilt/Zoom devices
  • Linux operating system
  • Works with the AXIS 2191 Audio Module
  • Wireless connectivity with the 802.11 Wireless Device Point
  • Access to a power outlet not needed with use of Power over LAN Midspan and Active Splitter from Axis
An oldie but a goodie. Here use mostly Zoneminder and still transitioning to IP (Optex analog combos are still in place).

I am though playing with couple of hardware IP servers (Axis is one of them) and integrating them into the Leviton OPII Omnitouch 5.7 legacy touchscreens. (WAF is high).

Best offer plus shipping to UK.

Looking for around $50.00 USD. Note Shipping to UK guesstimate is around $30-40 USD.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
roobarb!

Re: Axis 2400 Server

Post by roobarb! »

Can you get a nice plain video stream out of these that can be used with ZoneMinder? We've got four coax cameras at work connected to a useless recording system. Nobody's prepared to pay out the money to replace it because "it still works", but I'd love to be rid of the thing.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
pete

Re: Axis 2400 Server

Post by pete »

Yup; doing that now.

I have a hodgepodge of stuff here as I migrate mostly to IP HD.

You could install ZM on a little VM and just connect the VM to one IP (Axis Server) for your event recording stuff.

You can configure ZM to record defined alarm events (using video motion algorithm or hard wired motion sensors) or continuously. Well and ZM is free.

Here is the Axis 2400 + feed going to ZM (well now version 1.28 running on 64 bit Ubuntu).

You can also just install Zoneminder on a Joggler. I stream ZM stuff today on the Joggler. Or record with ZM and display with Axis 2400+ GUI.
axis-2400gui.jpg
Four camera set up would be like this using the Axis 2400 + and Zoneminder. Easy cuz its only one IP and can be a tiny VM.

Source = IP of Axis 2400+ server

Each of the four cam configs would have:

1 - /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=1&resolution=704x480
2 - /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=2&resolution=704x480
3 - /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=3&resolution=704x480
4 - /axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi?camera=4&resolution=704x480
axis-zm-config-2.jpg
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater