'SOLD' Joggler Motherboard in germany?

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
jogglerhase

'SOLD' Joggler Motherboard in germany?

Post by jogglerhase »

Hi;
I have one Joggler, where the main board seems to be faulty.
(EFI chip is good, but Joggler does not come past open peak intro screen - I tried many USB sticks w/ different OS - nothing works. See my other 'bricked joggler' thread.)

Anyway, as these things are to good to be trashed:
Does anybody have a (cheap) Joggler main Board, which I could buy?
Could even be w/ a faulty EFI, as mine still works.

Pls let me know.
Thanks, Heiner
Last edited by jogglerhase on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete

Re: Joggler Motherboard in germany?

Post by pete »

Heiner,

The EFI chips are around $10 here in the US. That said the EFI hot swap takes about 5 minutes to do. You just boot with a good Joggler. Remove the EFI chip while its on and write a new boot EFI to it and remove it.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
jogglerhase

Post by jogglerhase »

pete wrote:Heiner,

The EFI chips are around $10 here in the US. That said the EFI hot swap takes about 5 minutes to do. You just boot with a good Joggler. Remove the EFI chip while its on and write a new boot EFI to it and remove it.
Hi Pete;
thanks for the feedback, but there seems to be a misunderstanding:
My EFI chip is good - I tried that chip on another joggler and it worked fine.
So, I am not looking for a new EFI chip, but a new mainboard from the joggler - even with a dead EFI, as I still have that.

Anybody?
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

I have a board with no EFI chip, but I'm sure there's something wrong with it... it may just be a fuse, though. It's been snipped out of a Joggler so would need the speaker and power cables resoldering, but it yours if you want to give it a try.
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
jogglerhase

Post by jogglerhase »

roobarb! wrote:I have a board with no EFI chip, but I'm sure there's something wrong with it... it may just be a fuse, though. It's been snipped out of a Joggler so would need the speaker and power cables resoldering, but it yours if you want to give it a try.
Thanks for your offer, Roobarb.
However, I just managed to get my motherboard up and running again - see my 'bricked joggler' thread.

(I was so close to giving up - I thought I tried the USB keyboard trick already in the past w/o success.
Maybe I mistyped something before - this time it worked!

So, I have a backup joggler now - in case my otherone dies - which is running smoothly your excellent SQOS, running LMS, serving itself plus 3 Squeezebox Classics in our home.

Thanks for that excellent piece of software again.

Me so happy :-)

Heiner
pete

Re: 'SOLD' Joggler Motherboard in germany?

Post by pete »

Good news Heiner!

Jogglers are very resilient and you came to the right place to ask about it.

roobarb! and buZz are the founding fathers (or great great great grandfathers) of the forum / wiki.

Here got (well bought) a non functional Openframe 2 for the price of shipping. It looked new but didn't power up.

The hard part of it to fix was taking it apart. I found that the fuse was burned out. I paper clip shorted it and it worked. Later I did solder a tiny little insect like fuse to it. It is still functioning fine today.

Neato place to vacation with "da wife" was Heidelberg years ago; well we stayed at some castle there. (work was work though there in Munich and Frankfort - never got to be a tourist).
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater