Check these - Gone now

Want to buy a Joggler or selling one? Post your details here.
roger l

Check these - Gone now

Post by roger l »

Have just spotted these on E bay
02 Joggler Touch Screen,

These O2 Jogglers are unboxed and have been used as a touch screen only to run betting software. There is no stand or power supply as these were built in to a static unit and still have the mounts on the rear that can be removed with care.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201037420401 - [link updated Feb 21st 2014]
Last edited by roger l on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
roobarb!

Re: Check these

Post by roobarb! »

Just ordered a couple for spares. Interested to see what they've done with them to make them display devices. Shame the original software will likely have been wiped!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
hawsey

Re: Check these - Now gone

Post by hawsey »

@roobarb! Did your joggler arrive? I was thinking about one of these for messing about with but might ask him for a one unflashed with the betting software on just to see what they did with it, did you ask for this?
Happy Joggling
pete

Post by pete »

Just a quickie FYI - my very first touchscreen base was using a mini pc do what board with 1/2 sized 2.5" notebook drives. These were used in gambling machines and where replaced; fixed and resold for some $30-$50 USD each. They were wiped at the time.

Thinking they were capucino mini pc's. They ran well and were customized a bit for industrial use (gambling machines).

Next endeavor and most recently been getting the Aopen Digital Engines with SSD / CF / HD's with embedded XPE on them with licenses and sticks and software left alone. These make wonderous XBMC boxes as they are core duo's and have HDMI / DVI output connections. MiniPCIE wireless cards and GB internal NICs. These were being utilized for Digital signage advertising stuff and are really workhorse industrial video display devices. The Aopen PC was actually first generation of the MAC mini PC until they did their own thing.
- Pete
O2 Jogglers running EFI Ubuntu / Squeezeplayer
OpenPeak Voip Telephony / Zigbee tabletops hardware modded with Seabios / RTC / Ethernet ROM edits / SSD drives running XPe for automation screens

Auto mater
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

hawsey wrote:@roobarb! Did your joggler arrive? I was thinking about one of these for messing about with but might ask him for a one unflashed with the betting software on just to see what they did with it, did you ask for this?
No sign of them yet, but I will let you know!
BirdsLikeWires - Get fresh builds of Debian Bullseye and Bookworm for OpenFrame with the latest 5.10 and 6.1 kernels! 8-)
roobarb!

Re: Check these - Now back

Post by roobarb! »

gjchester

Re: Check these - Now Back

Post by gjchester »

Hi

Wanted a Joggler for ages, mine arrived form the first batch great condition and the 30027 firmware on it ( from memory). Upgraded to the latest FWwith PnP on it now. Working very well...

Just need to work out how to wall mount it now..
dwl99

Post by dwl99 »

Doesn't the missing metal stand act as a heatsink in the original joggler?
roger l

Post by roger l »

You may need to keep it in a cool place, since these have had their stand removed. The stand provided some heat Dissipation for the processor.
The stand was screwed to the thermal bond inside.
roger l

Post by roger l »

and they are available again. Remember No power supply and No Stand:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Openpeak-02-J ... 2ecc9e4b02
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

Mine have just arrived. They're definitely Jogglers (logo embossed on the back panel) and these two are reasonably recent AO2JOGXN versions, but without the O2 boot logo. The logo is also different to the older Jogglers - it's the OpenPeak logo, but looks much better rendered than on earlier releases. It's not locked down either, so they do boot from USB. They also fire up with the backlight turned down to minimum.

Physically they've had their stands removed and mine have perspex blocks solvent-welded to the back plastic panel. I wouldn't advise anyone getting these if they don't plan to either use them in a project or for spares, but if you want to wall mount them then half of the job is done for you! ;)
gjchester

Post by gjchester »

Mine had only one mount the other one was not there at all. Coming back on the comment on the heatsink and wall mounting, it makes no different to the heat load, they don't have a heatsink regardless of if I wall mount it. Mines a A02JOGXN too. Just need a PSU I'm using a 5v 2A one at the moment but all it's doing is displaying the 1980's BBC2 clock as its screensaver so its not exactly taxed to do processing..

Mine also has the IMEI/Serial/MAC ID sticker although its been relocated from the screw holes cover to above the jack points.
mozster

Post by mozster »

The guy selling them is a short walk away from my office, so I picked up two for £15 cash in hand... now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with them!
roobarb!

Post by roobarb! »

mozster wrote:The guy selling them is a short walk away from my office, so I picked up two for £15 cash in hand... now I need to figure out what I'm going to do with them!
Awesome - did he have anything more to say on where they came from or who set them up? Would have been cool to see how they were configured when they were in use.

BTW, nobody should be worrying about overheating due to a lack of metal stand. If these have lasted in a betting shop, they'll last in your home! You can see that the actual attachment point of the stand to the rubber thermal material is titchy anyway.
mozster

Post by mozster »

I didn't really ask, was in a bit of a rush to get back for a meeting, but he had a stack of them he was reflashing, I didn't see any dismantled betting displays around his office ;)
jkn

Post by jkn »

I bought a couple of these last week and they have just been delivered FWIW. I was a bit dubious about the supposed dispatch time - bought (for 8-50 each plus postage IIRC) at around 8pm, got an 'the items have been dispatch' email by about 9:30 that evening, which I didn't really believe.

However they have been delivered and although I haven't tried them yet, look decent enough. Certainly for the price, and assuming they work I am very happy.

Cheers, Jon N
hawsey

Post by hawsey »

These are definitely ok , bargain if you ask me :-)
As has been said, ideal for projects.
Happy Joggling
jaydee999

Post by jaydee999 »

Still waiting for mine. I have enough half-working/dead units/spares to get both of them into properly working units. But happy to hear that others who saw this deal before me are happy with theirs.
IndyAudi

Post by IndyAudi »

.....and remember that they are also available at Amazon although at a slightly higher price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

IndyAudi wrote:.....and remember that they are also available at Amazon although at a slightly higher price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... ition=used
Hee hee...have you seen the listing below it though? £120 plus £5 postage, described as a 'bargain' but not showing correct time or date!? Bonkers! :lol: