User pruning

Please post any ideas / changes / or help requests regarding the forum here. Announcements relating to improvements etc will also be posted here.
BuZz
Site Admin

User pruning

Post by BuZz »

Users who have not been active since before June 1 2012 and who have no posts on the board have been removed. There may have been some legit registrations there, but mostly spammers, who never made it to posting. Those that did register, but never posted, and didn't log in for some months can always register again.
BuZz
Site Admin

Re: User pruning

Post by BuZz »

I have also pruned those who registered before 1 June 2012, and had no posts and who never logged in.
gegs

Post by gegs »

Thanks for using my birthday as the cut-off point. :)
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

my birthday is 2nd June and the missus' is the 3rd ;-)
gegs

Post by gegs »

BuZz wrote:my birthday is 2nd June and the missus' is the 3rd ;-)
My daughter's birthday is 29 May, I'm 1st June and my son is 4th June. With my daughter's birthday 3 days before mine and my son's 3 days after, guess which one gets short-changed when presents are bought? :cry:

P.S. My father-in-law shares the same birthday as your missus.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

BuZz, at the risk of sound vindictive (don't care ;) ) I hope you removed Bunnieslovepink. Being the gentle, trusting soul that I am I had to pay a cheque cancellation fee because of her! Lesson learned and not forgotten. :D She (he?) probably didn't fulfil your culling criteria as this happened long after June. Thanks.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

they probably still have an account if they had valid posts, but certainly anyone caught ripping anyone else off will have their account frozen / disabled.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

gegs wrote:
BuZz wrote:my birthday is 2nd June and the missus' is the 3rd ;-)
My daughter's birthday is 29 May, I'm 1st June and my son is 4th June. With my daughter's birthday 3 days before mine and my son's 3 days after, guess which one gets short-changed when presents are bought? :cry:

P.S. My father-in-law shares the same birthday as your missus.
so next year, we can get together for a week long party! :)
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

BuZz wrote:they probably still have an account if they had valid posts, but certainly anyone caught ripping anyone else off will have their account frozen / disabled.
Fair enough but to be honest I thought she was a scammer after posting in the marketplace on her first post, giving me payment details then disappearing. However I could be wrong and she could be a legit member. Thanks anyway. :)
gegs

Post by gegs »

BuZz wrote:so next year, we can get together for a week long party! :)
Even the thought makes me feel a bit squiffy. By the end of the first week in June I suffer badly from the effects of birthday cake overdose.
ilovemyjoggler

Post by ilovemyjoggler »

It's great to see the forum has reached 1000 members after the recent cull! That's a really nice milestone for what i think of as quite a niche subject :)
Leonardo

Post by Leonardo »

Here in Italy we have "Eastern cleanup", (pulizie di Pasqua), is it the same? :D
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

Have pruned users that:

Have never logged in and registered before 2014-0101
Have not logged in since before 2013-06-01 and have 0 posts
castalla

Post by castalla »

I wasnt pruned - thanks! But, I keep getting an email notice that a new post has been made to a thread and there's never anything new when I check! For example:

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:
http://www.jogglerwiki.com/forum/viewto ... 75&e=19975
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

that's because spammers are replying and I am deleting them before you get there.
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I have now pruned even more users. there are far too many spam accounts, and some that were made some days/weeks ago are now being used to spam. If you are a legitimate member of the site, and yet have made no posts since you signed up, you may well be up for deletion (so make a post). I don't have time to manually check all the accounts, and I'm fed up with the spammers who have unlimited cheap human labor, and ip addresses at their disposal. very hard to stop.
castalla

Post by castalla »

Pests!
BuZz
Site Admin

Post by BuZz »

I have also switched back to recaptcha from our custom Q/A captcha. The number of new spams recently made me think our question had made it into some sort of database or something. Was far too easy of course too. Maybe I should have just changed the question more often. Shall see how we get on with recaptcha (on too if the many blacklists we use).